A Young Indiana Jones Never Grows Old (youtube video)

Stoo

AWESOME find, tupes!:cool: (Can I call you, "tupes"?)
This is a very good interview. Ha! His favourite location was Prague. I went there a few months ago and it's stunning!
He always been so enthusiastic about the show and I'm glad he was invited to an early, private screening of the new movie.
Thanks for posting this!(y) (y)

tupogirl

Stoo said:
AWESOME find, tupes!:cool: (Can I call you, "tupes"?)
This is a very good interview. Ha! His favourite location was Prague. I went there a few months ago and it's stunning!
He always been so enthusiastic about the show and I'm glad he was invited to an early, private screening of the new movie.
Thanks for posting this!(y) (y)

You're welcome! You can call me tupes. Tupo is merely a typo of the word 'typo'. I would *love* to go to Prague. Heck, I'd love to go to Canada!

This was a nice interview of him.

Stoo

Oh, I see. I thought maybe you were from Tupelo, Mississippi. (Tupes sounds better than types.):p
I really like this interview and it's great that he was asked. On the YouTube page, I made an inquiry as to when/where this aired.

Too bad there was no Young Indy adventure in Canada. The only time he comes close is the ocean voyage to London in 1908.
(Vancouver is nice. If you like to ski, go to Banff, Alberta. If you like to party, VISIT MONTREAL!);)

tupogirl

Stoo said:
Oh, I see. I thought maybe you were from Tupelo, Mississippi. (Tupes sounds better than types.):p
I really like this interview and it's great that he was asked. On the YouTube page, I made an inquiry as to when/where this aired.

Too bad there was no Young Indy adventure in Canada. The only time he comes close is the ocean voyage to London in 1908.
(Vancouver is nice. If you like to ski, go to Banff, Alberta. If you like to party, VISIT MONTREAL!);)

Yes, people often think it's a Tupelo reference. I'm sneaky that way;).

I definitely want to go to Newfoundland and Prince Edward Island at some point. I am still shaky on my Canadian geography (which I feel bad about!) but I am actually not that far from the border, just about an 8 or so hour drive. It looks like the closest city to me would be Winnipeg. And I used to live very close to Montreal when I was a child! One of these days I'll make it up there.

Indy should have met up with Emily Carr or LM Montgomery. I would have loved that!

Stoo

tupogirl said:
I definitely want to go to Newfoundland and Prince Edward Island at some point. I am still shaky on my Canadian geography (which I feel bad about!) but I am actually not that far from the border, just about an 8 or so hour drive. It looks like the closest city to me would be Winnipeg. And I used to live very close to Montreal when I was a child! One of these days I'll make it up there.
Newfoundland, eh? They have funny accents. I've been there (shortly after "Doom" came out)
and it was definitely a cultural experience. Extremely friendly people!

Don't feel bad about the Can. geography. You have 50 states to remember!:p
(Anyway, it's really easy.)
tupogirl said:
Indy should have met up with Emily Carr or LM Montgomery. I would have loved that!
Don't get me started! He may have crossed paths with pilot, "Wop" May in "Hawkmen".
Just before the Red Baron was shot down, he had May in his sights. Young Indy's unmade
Alaskan adventure is very similar to a W.May story when he later became a bush pilot.
May's accomplishment could quite possibly be an inspiration since it's basically the same story!

tupogirl

Don't get me started! He may have crossed paths with pilot, "Wop" May in "Hawkmen".
Just before the Red Baron was shot down, he had May in his sights. Young Indy's unmade
Alaskan adventure is very similar to a W.May story when he later became a bush pilot.
May's accomplishment could quite possibly be an inspiration since it's basically the same story!

I had to look May up on wikipedia! But yes, would have made an excellent (and dare I say) and easy addition to that episode.

I would also have loved to have seen William George Barker in an episode as well. Barker was also briefly mentioned in Hemingway's 'Snows of Kilimanjaro'. It all ties together! LOL.

I have this HUGE volume called The Great War (volume 4). It was written while the war was actually going on and is a bit of propaganda. But it was incredible to find out how important the Canadians were in 1916.

IndyJr.

People's main argument against him being Indy in a new series taking place between "Hollywood Follies" and "Temple of Doom" is he looks too "whiny and naive". "He looks to kiddish"...

I challenge them to watch this interview... ;)

tupogirl

Thanks, T.E. I've been to his site a few times. He has an official myspace page or two and his dog has one as well.

Indy Jr...great idea! :)My husband used to make fun of me for liking him, until we saw Boondock Saints. That earned some respect:p.