Video Games

Deadlock

Katarn07 said:
I hated Morrowind. Is there a story to it? If so, it didn't grab me right away like all the BioWare ones I've played do. Story and additional characters are crucial in a game of any kind in order for me to not get sick of it.

Story can be good. But some of us prefer more of an open-ended game... especially when it comes to RPGs. The chance to do your own thing, instead of just following some story from start to finish. (For the record, there is a story in Morrowind, but it can take a little bit for you to be beefy enough to undertake it.)

Indy Benson

To Aaron H (and any fellow Xbox Live players), my gamertag name is IndyBenson (one word). Feel free to look for me online. Lately, I've been back playing Crimson Skies.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
When I have enough money to do XBOX Live, I will look you up. I'll post my handle when I get one.

Katarn07

I rerented Halo for the XBOX along with Enter the Matrix and Thief. I dislike all of them.

What's the hype about Halo? I thought I'd give it a second chance, see what the deal was. I still stand behind my statement I may have not posted here of it being highly overrated. It's an average FPS. Nothing more, nothing less. Well, coop was kinda fun for a while but I got sick of that fast enough.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Halo is funny like that. Some people love it, others just don't understand why it is so popular.
The multiplayer is where it is at, however.
When Halo 2 comes out, give a try, from what I read about it...it will be one hellva game.

westford

Re: Video Games-- Old & New-- Discuss them here

Indyologist said:

Did you have an Atari 2600 or other game system at home?
I loved our Atari 2600 - my favourite games were Ms Pacman and some game where you flew a plane to save fluffy little animals from a gorrilla... Anyone know what it was called? I can't remember...

I've been playing Sim City 3000 on the PC recently. Can't afford any new games at the moment, but will be getting GTA San Andreas when it's out.

Indyologist

Yeah, I had Atari 2600 too. I LOVED Ms. Pac Man and Dig Dug. Lately I've been playing "Morrowind: the Elder Scrolls III" on my XBox. Even IJ and Emperor's Tomb is currently put aside for this one! It's really fun, rich and complex... much like yours truly. Um, except for the rich part. Not rich materially, anyway! ;)

Indy Benson

Fable is another RPG-style Xbox game that is due out in the US either today or tomorrow. Highly anticipated, not to mention about three years overdue.

Katarn07

Indy Benson said:
Fable is another RPG-style Xbox game that is due out in the US either today or tomorrow. Highly anticipated, not to mention about three years overdue.

I also heard the developer decided to exclude alot of the real innovative stuff but it may prove to be entertaining nonetheless.

Armed and Dangerous is an awesome game! The gameplay is fun and unique. It was rather awkward at first, but it soon became one helluva frag spree. The humor also harkens back to the classic era of LEC when they did all their adventures with the comedy in them.

I also rented BG 1 & 2 for the XBOX. I didn't like them. It wasn't anything like the originals for the PC.

westford

VP said:
Wolfenstein 3D rules! ;D
Hehe, that was well cool!
Head8.gif

Indyologist

XBox 2

I just got my latest issue of "Game Informer." It has Morrowind IV: Oblivion on the front cover! It looks ab-so-lute-ly beautiful. Problem is, it only plays on XBox 2. I heard the system costs around $1000! Is this true? Morrowind IV may look awesome, but I'm not desparate to fork over THAT kind of cash. Sheesh!

I also got a used copy of the MW Game of the Year strategy guide on E-bay. It's over 400 pages long and it covers every subject, map and quest in detail. Can't WAIT to get it and devour it!

I also, I reached level 3 in MW the other day-- HOORAY!

Deadlock

Indyologist said:
I also got a used copy of the MW Game of the Year strategy guide on E-bay. It's over 400 pages long and it covers every subject, map and quest in detail. Can't WAIT to get it and devour it!

Just remember, exploring and figuring the game out for yourself is AT LEAST half the fun of an RPG. Don't ruin it for yourself!

Indy Benson

I've heard rumors of the Xbox 2 costing as much as $500 (which, while much better than $1,000, is still too expensive for a video game system for me.

(In the near future: If anybody has the means to do it, I would suggest getting your hands on an Xbox 2 (or a couple of them), and sell them on eBay. You'll make a small fortune)

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
XBOX 2 (codenamed neXbox [pronounced Next Box]) isn't expected to be availible until Christmas 2005 or Summer 2006. So you might be waiting for quite a while.