Anybody met Harrison Ford recently? Or hope to?

San Holo

It wasn't that Ford was that tall, but he looked larger than life. He had alot of presence and was someone who drew your attention on the street. Before I noticed who he was, my eyes were on him from far away, kinda like a magnet..plus I thought he had a pretty big head;) .

sarah navarro

i met him on sunset blvd. where i took a pic next to him on the ground .....except he was in star form.........i wish id met him!!:sleep:

deckard24

Sankara was he looking 6ft-6ft1 or more average 5ft10-5ft11 when you saw him? Could you tell us more about you meeting him, and did you get any pictures with him?

deckard24

Sankara, you got a very cool site man and a great collection of memorabilia! That's awesome you got to meet my two favorites Ford and Neeson, I'm very jealous. You must be 6ft1 or around there because Neeson(6ft4) only has a few inches on you. You look taller in relation to Neeson than Ford did with him. Are you in the publicity field, because you're in front of a televison camera at one point?

oki9Sedo

He's openly said in interviews that he doesn't like being approached by fans. He makes it clear that its nothing to do with a lack of gratitude for them, its just a case of a man wanting privacy when he's out and about doing something.

tnswman

I met Harrison during the filming of the fugative in North Carolina..he signed 3 items for me then 2 8x10's and a Raiders Poster. It was on the set and he actaully walked over to the 6 of us who were standing there.

then in 1997, I met him in NYc outside of a resturant where he signed 2 more 8x10's for me.

I have photos of him signing for me but I don't know how to show them here.

He was SUPER friendly both times I met him and talked to everyone. We didn't have to worry about going to him because he came over to us and in NYC, he actually had a blue Sharpie in his pocket. When he was done, he had blue ink all over his hands and kept showing itto us and saying "look what I did" He just laughed and laughed. He was a little tipsy LOL!

Sankara

@deckard 24
Thank you very much! Yes, I'm in the publicity field. I work for a radiostation and sometimes for German-Television as Comedy-Editor and movie-reviewer.

I'm 183 cm tall and I think Harrison must be the same. Liam ist much taller as you can see.

I will post an update of my Indiana Jones-Collection soon...

oki9Sedo

Sankara said:
@deckard 24
Thank you very much! Yes, I'm in the publicity field. I work for a radiostation and sometimes for German-Television as Comedy-Editor and movie-reviewer.

I'm 183 cm tall and I think Harrison must be the same. Liam ist much taller as you can see.

I will post an update of my Indiana Jones-Collection soon...

Celebrities are always so much taller in reality than on screen. Every time I meet one I'm always surprised even though I expect it.

tnswman

I have met TONS of celebs and All of them except for Sean Connery seemed smaller. Harrison and are the same size and build....It was odd.

deckard24

Tnswman, if you and Harrison are the same size and build how tall are you? When you met him you say he came right over to you and the other 5 people you were with, so you got close enough to get a decent estimation of his size! What height would you peg him at?

Sankara if you're 183 cm(6ft), Ford has to be less because you looked taller in relation to Neeson than Ford did. Ford has been listed at anywhere between 6ft-6ft1 for most of his career. He's an older man now, and most likely has lost some height due to his back injuries and overall ageing. It's possible he's only 5ft11 or so now. That's interesting that you are only 183 cm, because you look a good 185 cm maybe 186-187cm in all your photos! I'm just about 6ft(183 cm) so we're pretty much the same size and build.

I've met a few celebs myself and the majority were shorter in person with the few odd exceptions!

Short Round

Yeah

I saw him once but he was leaving and I didn't have the chance of meeting him. But almost a year ago at a hotel I met George Lucas.

tnswman

deckard24 said:
Tnswman, if you and Harrison are the same size and build how tall are you? When you met him you say he came right over to you and the other 5 people you were with, so you got close enough to get a decent estimation of his size! What height would you peg him at?

Sankara if you're 183 cm(6ft), Ford has to be less because you looked taller in relation to Neeson than Ford did. Ford has been listed at anywhere between 6ft-6ft1 for most of his career. He's an older man now, and most likely has lost some height due to his back injuries and overall ageing. It's possible he's only 5ft11 or so now. That's interesting that you are only 183 cm, because you look a good 185 cm maybe 186-187cm in all your photos! I'm just about 6ft(183 cm) so we're pretty much the same size and build.

I've met a few celebs myself and the majority were shorter in person with the few odd exceptions!

I am 6' with shoes on 5'11" without. He really appeared to be eye to eye with me and at the same time, I was around 175lbs and he appeared to be around 185lbs or so. Really just a average athletic build.

Have you seen his recent t-shirt pics? Trust me, For a man his age to have pectorial shaping like that, he is busting his BUTT in the gym. That's a fresh build and not just body shape..at his age, chest muscles like that not being toned weekly would be sagging. His arms are a lot bigger now too than they normally are. He is probably on a great protein diet with LOTs of suppliments.

God, I hope I am in that kind of shape at 50. It gets harder each year to maintain a average athletic build. He must have a hell of a trainer.

deckard24

Tnswman, then I guess that would put me at roughly the same size as him and you at 5ft11.75 and 185 lbs.
As for Ford's present physical condition, he is in amazing shape and could give most guys in there 20's and 30's a run for their money!
It's apparent he's been working his butt off to be in tip top shape for IJ4, but he has always been in great shape. He's just one of those guys blessed with great genetics. Not many men get to have near full heads of hair and six packs when they're in their mid 60's. I appreciate your input, because it confirms my suspicions of his slightly overstated height. He would have been 50 in 1993 when you said you met him, and standing about 6ft in shoes. That's still taller than average, but not the near 6ft2 he would be if he was 6ft1 barefoot like listed. It's funny how as a kid he looked so tall to me, and now as an adult I'm pretty much the same size as him. Movies and their directors can definitely portray their stars as larger than life that's for sure. I remember meeting Billy Dee Williams and being surprised how much shorter he was than I expected. I can recall as a kid watching The Empire Strikes Back a million times and thinking both Han and Lando were these huge guys, but when I met him he was maybe 5ft9-5ft9.5 at best. A super cool and extremely gracious guy though!

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
ninepinejones said:
Harrison would come down stairs and make the best coffee that the guys had ever tasted, then he would proceed to hand out individually hand rolled joints
I read the account of Ford flubbing his lines in the classroom scene, which reminded me also about his son's marijuana addiction problems...

Last edited:

San Holo

I met James Earl Jones at the airport when I was flying out a few weeks ago. I was shocked to see that I was a little taller than him-always thought he was a giant. He was extremly nice and talkative.

Fish1941

I saw Harrison Ford, while he was filming "Hollywood Homicide" on Hollywood Boulevard. He was in the middle of a chase sequence. I was surprised to learn that I was taller than him. And I'm at least 6 feet.