Harrison Ford stoner?

Indy's Fist

I've been reading lots of stuff on the net about the Han Solo actor. Rumor has it that he is a closet stoner. He was even offered a cameo role in the movie "Half Baked" but he declined. It is said that he was the only stoner actor asked who turned down a part.

Any truth to this or what?

Smoking that stuff makes one paranoid. If he gets an even slightly negative review he may run amok with a plane. (Aerial and carpentry planes)

Deckard

I visited a friend of mine a few weeks ago and he has a collection of High Times magazines. One had an article related to Mr. Ford being pretty open about his use etc. Doesn't bother me tho, he can do w/e he wants as long as he delivers in Indy 4.

Indy's Fist

Deckard said:
I visited a friend of mine a few weeks ago and he has a collection of High Times magazines. One had an article related to Mr. Ford being pretty open about his use etc. Doesn't bother me tho, he can do w/e he wants as long as he delivers in Indy 4.

Lot's of use or what?

Deckard

I read it in the midst of 8 other people, it didnt detail exactly what he does to a T but the article was relating to holywood celebs and how there open about there use and how others are even activists to legalize it. Such as married couple Kurt Russel and Goldie Hawn, and there daughter Kate Hudson as well. There were alot of other big celebs named, but they all stood out. I will see if i can borrow the mag next time i see him and scan it or take some high quality shots.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Related threads:
http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=7017
http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=10116
Harrison needed some work done on his ranch in Wyoming and my friend was there to help him out with this. My friend said every morning Harrison would come down stairs and make the best coffee that the guys had ever tasted, then he would proceed to hand out individually hand rolled joints to all the guys that were working for him. Then he would spark it up and chat for a few minutes and then go about his day, every once in awhile picking up a hammer to help along.

Indyologist

If it is true, I think it's a shame. I know one of his sons got in trouble for pot posession not long ago. Guess he learned that from his dad. I don't think anyone should do illegal drugs and no one should be able to use fame as an excuse for that kind of behavior.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
That explains why he was acting soooo weird in Australia, promoting "Firewall". I thought he was drunk on 'Rove' (Australian version of Jay Leno, but not as good), but in "light" of this, someone "lit his fire" and he "smoked" a little something here. Ok, I'm punned out or should I say, "puffed out"? Ha ha Boom Boom!

Sorry... my brother's watching "Basil Brush" this morning. The insanity!

Seriously, though... Sad to hear it if true. I used to look up to Ford as a kid when I went through some tough times especially to the Indy character. I personally am against narcotics and drugs of addiction. I have seen it ruin a couple of my friends.

sarah navarro

Violet Indy said:
That explains why he was acting soooo weird in Australia, promoting "Firewall". I thought he was drunk on 'Rove' (Australian version of Jay Leno, but not as good), but in "light" of this, someone "lit his fire" and he "smoked" a little something here. Ok, I'm punned out or should I say, "puffed out"? Ha ha Boom Boom!

Sorry... my brother's watching "Basil Brush" this morning. The insanity!

Seriously, though... Sad to hear it if true. I used to look up to Ford as a kid when I went through some tough times especially to the Indy character. I personally am against narcotics and drugs of addiction. I have seen it ruin a couple of my friends.
i agree with everything you said right here Violet Indy. The whole drug thing is just a let down especially since his son had problems with it.:(

I watched this and he seems a bit slow and confused about what to say...but still its funny:p Usually Harry seems pretty quiet and conserved during interveiws ,but not today.LOL watch his face when he says COX:p

<a href="http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2302397">Rove Live & Harrison Ford</a><br><embed src="http://lads.myspace.com/videos/vplayer.swf" flashvars="m=2302397&v=2&type=video" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="430" height="346"></embed><br><a href="http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.addToProfileConfirm&videoid=2302397&title=Rove Live & Harrison Ford">Add to My Profile</a> | <a href="http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.home">More Videos</a>

oki9Sedo

He's very, um.....you know, uhhhhh.....slow, in uhhhhh.....interviews. I suspect he might have taken something thats affected him, or else his age is catching up with him.

nezobiwan

Deckard said:
I agree. I don't care what he does in his spare time. It's his personal life and he can be as secretive or open about it as he wants. He's just an actor. I look up to Indiana Jones, not Harrison Ford. I don't even know the man.

Besides... there are worse things in life than pot.

...Like alcohol...

...and which one of those has America deemed legal despite the fact that it causes a ridiculous amount of deaths per year? Not Mary Jane.

For the record: I've never even smoked cigarettes, let alone pot.

Indy_Chic

Indyologist said:
If it is true, I think it's a shame. I know one of his sons got in trouble for pot posession not long ago. Guess he learned that from his dad. I don't think anyone should do illegal drugs and no one should be able to use fame as an excuse for that kind of behavior.

I 100% agree with you on that Indyologist. If it is true, I'm sad to hear that. :(

sarah navarro said:
LOL watch his face when he says COX :p

Haha!!! That's hilarious! :D

Indy's Fist

nezobiwan said:
I agree. I don't care what he does in his spare time. It's his personal life and he can be as secretive or open about it as he wants. He's just an actor. I look up to Indiana Jones, not Harrison Ford. I don't even know the man.

Besides... there are worse things in life than pot.

...Like alcohol...

...and which one of those has America deemed legal despite the fact that it causes a ridiculous amount of deaths per year? Not Mary Jane.

For the record: I've never even smoked cigarettes, let alone pot.

I've tried weed, but it don't do nuthin for me! But yeah smoking weed is not a real big deal. Most people these days do anyway.

deckard24

I don't know if it's the reason, but Ford has beaten the hell out of his body over the years and a joint every now and then might be for the aches and pains! He is 65 years old now, and his extreme ways over the years may have taken a toll on him. He's had countless surgeries on his back, knees, etc., so his weed habit might be for medicinal reasons.

It could also just be that Ford is an ageing hippie, and the weed is a carry-over from his college days in the 60's! LOL!

Either way I don't really give a #### what Ford smokes in his spare time! If he was shooting dope I might be disappointed, but a joint isn't that big a deal to me.