Harrison Ford stoner?

Bjorn Heimdall

Maybe pot use is the new McGuffin? Maybe Shia is his dealer? Maybe they go globetrotting for the famous Crystal Scull joint? I think we are on to something.

FILMKRUSC

whipcracker666 said:
Marijuuanna is in no way chemically addictive, .

Yeah right - There are Marijuana treatment centers across the U.S. for abuse (10-14% of users become heavily dependent) and they get over 120,000 people checking in each year for Marijuana addiction.

Major West

FILMKRUSC said:
Yeah right - There are Marijuana treatment centers across the U.S. for abuse (10-14% of users become heavily dependent) and they get over 120,000 people checking in each year for Marijuana addiction.

10-14% isn't a huge amount.

Everything in moderation.

Gustav

I don't see what the big deal is about pot. Some people think it's the best thing in the world and some people think it's absolutely disgraceful. It just makes you spacey and philosophical and tired. Not worth the fuss from either side if you ask me. It isn't going to cause brain damage like cocaine will.

FILMKRUSC

whipcracker666 said:
Psychological dependancey is quite different than chemical dependancy.

I'm not talking about psychological. I'm talking about chemical dependency.

Not that long ago it was the 3rd most commonly abused drug mentioned in drug related emergency room visits. That's not psychological.

FYI - People who were admitted to treatment centers for marijuana addiction represented 15.8% of all drug/alcohol treatment admissions in 2005.

As for health effects - marijuana smoke contains 50 percent to 70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than does tobacco smoke which users like to ignore.

Last edited:

Deckard

FILMKRUSC said:
As for health effects - marijuana smoke contains 50 percent to 70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than does tobacco smoke which users like to ignore.

Your drasticaly mistaken, its way less, Marijuana for the most part, is natural, unlike tobacco which has the added carcinogens and other addictive chemicals. That is why Marijauana does not cause lung cancer. I can provide a slew of links that will show you that is true if you cannot do a google search for yourself, which you obviously didn't.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/25/AR2006052501729.html

Last edited:

Indy's Fist

Bjorn Heimdall said:
Maybe pot use is the new McGuffin? Maybe Shia is his dealer? Maybe they go globetrotting for the famous Crystal Scull joint? I think we are on to something.

No,no,no! You got it all wrong! They are looking for the Crystal Skulls to make them into the coolest pot bongs ever!:D

TOHTER

Indy's Fist said:
No,no,no! You got it all wrong! They are looking for the Crystal Skulls to make them into the coolest pot bongs ever!:D

:D That's Funny....... I'm sure he uses pot like most people do for "medicinal purposes" only. Life can be a real pain sometimes.

Indy's Fist

TOHTER said:
:D That's Funny....... I'm sure he uses pot like most people do for "medicinal purposes" only. Life can be a real pain sometimes.

Medical Marijuana. Keeping people feelin' real good!:D

How does one get a doc to prescribe weed anyway? Not that I'm looking to get some!:)

sarah navarro

Indy's Fist said:
Medical Marijuana. Keeping people feelin' real good!:D

How does one get a doc to prescribe weed anyway? Not that I'm looking to get some!:)
I guess if you have cancer you can get some ,like my grandpa except he doesnt have any (marijuana).....but thats a way :rolleyes:

FILMKRUSC

Deckard said:
Your drasticaly mistaken, its way less, Marijuana for the most part, is natural, unlike tobacco which has the added carcinogens and other addictive chemicals. That is why Marijauana does not cause lung cancer. I can provide a slew of links that will show you that is true if you cannot do a google search for yourself, which you obviously didn't.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/25/AR2006052501729.html

I can and did do a google search. The Government states that it's between 50-70%.

Look under health effects which is about a 1/3rd of the way down the page.

http://www.whitehousedrugpolicy.gov/drugfact/marijuana/index.html

Quote "...marijuana smoke contains 50 percent to 70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than does tobacco smoke."

Which is sourced from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, Research Report Series—Marijuana Abuse.

Even your link states "Tashkin said that while he still believes marijuana is potentially harmful....." Why anyone would want to use something potentially harmful is beyond me.

A BBC report, http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7150274.stm,
that just came out a little over a week ago stated that "The Health Canada team also found five times as much hydrogen cyanide and nitrogen oxides, which are linked to heart and lung damage respectively."

And from the same report - "These findings do not surprise me. The toxins from cannabis smoke cause lung inflammation, lung damage and cancer." Stephen Spiro, of the British Lung Foundation, added the findings were "a great worry".

The funny thing about Marijuana is you will get people who will just ignore the reality. Just like cigarette smokers. :hat:

Last edited:

Indy's Fist

FILMKRUSC said:
I can and did do a google search. The Government states that it's between 50-70%.

Look under health effects which is about a 1/3rd of the way down the page.

http://www.whitehousedrugpolicy.gov/drugfact/marijuana/index.html

Quote "...marijuana smoke contains 50 percent to 70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than does tobacco smoke."

Which is sourced from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, Research Report Series?Marijuana Abuse.

Even your link states "Tashkin said that while he still believes marijuana is potentially harmful....." Why anyone would want to use something potentially harmful is beyond me.

A BBC report, http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7150274.stm,
that just came out a little over a week ago stated that "The Health Canada team also found five times as much hydrogen cyanide and nitrogen oxides, which are linked to heart and lung damage respectively."

And from the same report - "These findings do not surprise me. The toxins from cannabis smoke cause lung inflammation, lung damage and cancer." Stephen Spiro, of the British Lung Foundation, added the findings were "a great worry".

The funny thing about Marijuana is you will get people who will just ignore the reality. Just like cigarette smokers. :hat:
People just ignore anything that detracts from their enjoyment. Even heroin, crack, and meth addicts find ways to rationalize what they do. I for one have never understood the need to get all goofy on drugs or alcohol. I don't even smoke cigarettes. After I drink I wonder why I ever did, as I love being sober and alert.

sarah navarro

Indy's Fist said:
People just ignore anything that detracts from their enjoyment. Even heroin, crack, and meth addicts find ways to rationalize what they do. I for one have never understood the need to get all goofy on drugs or alcohol. I don't even smoke cigarettes. After I drink I wonder why I ever did, as I love being sober and alert.
Smartest thing ive heard on this thread yet ,good point.:hat:
Drugs are bad.

otto rahn

Bjorn Heimdall said:
Maybe the REAL title of the next movie is "Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal METH" !;)

No Ticket

sarah navarro said:
Smartest thing ive heard on this thread yet ,good point.:hat:
Drugs are bad.

Perhaps, but their usage does not necessarily make a bad person. I don't do it, nor do I really drink, but I don't think those who drink are bad people. And marijuana is a pretty tame drug. Cocaine, is a different story.

I don't personally need anything to make me feel "temporarily" better or help me forget my troubles or whatever you want to call it.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Well, Indy does use "medicinal herbs" quite a bit in Infernal Machine...