Harrison Ford stoner?

fatima

That's the thing that always had amazed me, of how people who clame to ADORE Indiana Jones, and yet don't even bother to know the man beyond his Indy gear, what more movies has played, following his career for sure, paying attention for his talk shows, his ways of talking, his peculiar sense of humor, yes sense of humour you have to follow his career along the years as I've done to have a serious opinion on him, and what you guys say about he is in drugs, pots and s** like that have NO clue at all of what you say, learn to observe first and get along his life how it has been changed for the past 5 years, since he dates Calista that Harrison is being a man who has thrown away his serious side, he has been more open to express himself without fears, you have to be his fan to get his sense of humour or attitudes.
In the 60's he was a HIPPIE and yes he used drugs or smoked drugs, but WHO didn't at the time???
...his manners in Australia in Firewall primiere, what was it about? for everything I could see, was a man making faces, having private jokes with Paul Bettany, now a funny thing is, if the guy is seen as grumpy none likes him, if the guy stands out by reacting with sense of humour, people who are not used to see that side of him say that he is in drugs, seriously his son had a trouble with it, and his dad helped his son to go out of it, now you think HF would be insane to go for it....well think twice before you post nonsense things, and a little of respect cause the Indy guy that everyone from here is highly expecting for next year is played by the guy you say uses drugs!
I sure am not a fan of a druged or dunk actor/ man!!! :mad:

fatima

I'm sorry if I was mad at the final setence, but, I would just like to appeal good sense to all of you to rethink about him being druged.
I don't want to creat any enemies here with my opinions, just trying to be resonable.

whipcracker666

FILMKRUSC said:
I'm not talking about psychological. I'm talking about chemical dependency.

Not that long ago it was the 3rd most commonly abused drug mentioned in drug related emergency room visits. That's not psychological.

FYI - People who were admitted to treatment centers for marijuana addiction represented 15.8% of all drug/alcohol treatment admissions in 2005.

As for health effects - marijuana smoke contains 50 percent to 70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than does tobacco smoke which users like to ignore.

I'm just speaking from personel experience. I know good and well what it feels like to be chemically dependant on opiates and the subsequent lack thereof resulting in a chemical withdrawl . With mary jane there are no physical withdrawl symptoms. I know pot isn't exactly healthy but I'm willing to bet that if you investigated all those marijuanna related emergency room visits you'd find that they were the result of people doing stupid things while high i.e. cooking, driving, handleing sharp objects.....ect , as opposed to a marijuanna overdose. You can't overdose from smoking pot, it's just not possible. Trust me wev'e tried.
I would also like to quote Hunter S. Thompson in saying that I don't advocate the use of drugs, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

Canyon

HFFan said:
OMG! If it's true, who cares!! It doesn't mean he's not a decent person. And those people that are 'so disappointed' need to stop putting people on pedestals. You're going to be horribly 'disappointed' with a lot of people! He's a real person with a real life just like all of us. (As I'm writing this, I'm drinking a glass of wine! GASP!)

Someone brought up a good point about his injuries. I believe he does suffer a great deal from pain.

And a comment about his interviews: I have been a fan of his (even in spite of his 'flaws') since the Star Wars days, and I've seen many, many interviews over the years. He has the same style of speaking today as he did 30 years ago. And he has never been comfortable doing interviews, unless he knows or is friends with the interviewer. (He actually does great interviews with Charlie Rose.) But he is usually shy, reserved, nervous (he suffers from stage fright) and also has a very dry sense of humor. These characteristics often get misinterpreted as being aloof, bored, stoned or drunk. :rolleyes:

I agree with you 100 percent.

Harrison Ford is a great person, but no, he is not perfect like some here like to think. ;)

Yes, I have seen Harrison in many interviews and I can honestly say that he always comes across as someone who is quite shy and reserved.

What you have to understand about Harrison is that he is a very down to earth person. I think that when he first became really famous in Star Wars/Raiders, it must have been quite a shock at first, and even though he is an actor, I think that he has never quite felt comfortable with talking about himself.

I've liked Harrison for almost twenty years now, and him smoking cannabis does not alter the respect that I have for him.

Fatima. Don't worry. I know how passionate you are and how much you love Harrison. :hat:

Lastly, we should all be celebrating that Ford is back as Indy. :whip:

FILMKRUSC

whipcracker666 said:
I would also like to quote Hunter S. Thompson in saying that I don't advocate the use of drugs, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

It really made Hunter S. Thompson a happy and smart soul. - What's he doing today?
Oh that's right -he's dead after shooting himself in the head...

Deckard

FILMKRUSC said:
It really made Hunter S. Thompson a happy and smart soul. - What's he doing today?

You sir are a true loser. Hunter was a great great man whom most see as a drug addict due to Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, You obviously have read none of his work, I sincerely hope you fall off of a rope bridge to your demise.

whipcracker666

FILMKRUSC said:

Sick and disgusting. I don't know why you're so bitter about it but I'll be sure and smoke one for you tonight. ;)

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I knew it!
Says the NY Daily News:
Which A-lister toked up with his younger co-star during filming of their megablockbuster? The duo, along with the youngster's dad, smoked pot in the star's trailer, causing the crew to create a code name for when they were stoned.
I wonder who'd win in a Harrison-Malcom Shia-Jeff father-son three legged race...

|ZiR|

I've always know that Harry was a big pothead but this kind of depresses me. I think it's pathetic when people over forty still "need" to get high everyday. I dunno, just seems sad to me.

(Not that I wouldn't take a few tokes if Harrison offered!)

snake_surprise

I cannot believe there is even a thread about this.

Who cares what he does off screen...honestly.

With this logic, I think we should all just stay in our houses and not support anything, company, person, etc...with our funds and time, because most people might do or say something we do not agree with.