Harrison Ford stoner?

|ZiR|

Well of COURSE there's a thread about it! We're fans.

We dissect and discuss everything -- on screen and off. It's what we DO.

snake_surprise said:
With this logic, I think we should all just stay in our houses and not support anything, company, person, etc...with our funds and time, because most people might do or say something we do not agree with.

Eh... I don't think it's really the same thing at all.

eroc

Indy's Fist said:
I've been reading lots of stuff on the net about the Han Solo actor. Rumor has it that he is a closet stoner. He was even offered a cameo role in the movie "Half Baked" but he declined. It is said that he was the only stoner actor asked who turned down a part.
Any truth to this or what?
Heck yes Harrison is a stoner!!! While working as a carpenter, he became a stagehand for the rock band The Doors, including operating one of the four cameras for their taped concert at the Hollywood Bowl in 1968. And, many years later, when asked what religion he was, he replied, "democrat." God Bless you, Harrison Ford!
*do i need to put a source for this information, or not?*
willie scott said:
I was disappointed. I thought he was a wholesome guy, that, apart from his looks was part of his attraction. :( (n)
so if he smokes pot that makes him a lessor person or even...evil? what is wrong with you people? we are talking about pot. it is more dangerous to your health to drive a car! Do you believe everything your government tells you? The government says pot is bad, so it is illegal. Does that make it so? My government also says that invading Iraq was the right thing to do. Does that make it true? No offense implied here, but people, dare to think for yourself!!!:gun:
AnthropologyFSU said:
agreed... and plus imagining indiana jones high is really funny
No...watching Indiana Jones high is really funny!:p
FILMKRUSC said:
As for health effects - marijuana smoke contains 50 percent to 70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than does tobacco smoke which users like to ignore.
Not if you smoke out of a bong!:whip:

Last edited by a moderator:
Eroc...

You're allowed 1 post in succession. Not two consecutively and certainly not 4 in rapid succession.

READ FORUM RULES. Stop cluttering topics. USE THE EDIT BUTTON.

Oy.

eroc

FILMKRUSC said:
I can and did do a google search. The Government states that it's between 50-70%.
Look under health effects which is about a 1/3rd of the way down the page.
http://www.whitehousedrugpolicy.gov/drugfact/marijuana/index.html
Quote "...marijuana smoke contains 50 percent to 70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than does tobacco smoke."
Which is sourced from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, Research Report Series?Marijuana Abuse.
Even your link states "Tashkin said that while he still believes marijuana is potentially harmful....." Why anyone would want to use something potentially harmful is beyond me.
A BBC report, http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7150274.stm,
that just came out a little over a week ago stated that "The Health Canada team also found five times as much hydrogen cyanide and nitrogen oxides, which are linked to heart and lung damage respectively."
And from the same report - "These findings do not surprise me. The toxins from cannabis smoke cause lung inflammation, lung damage and cancer." Stephen Spiro, of the British Lung Foundation, added the findings were "a great worry".
The funny thing about Marijuana is you will get people who will just ignore the reality. Just like cigarette smokers. :hat:
This is all from anti-drug advocates. Of course they will tell you this. Do you believe everything you hear? Or better yet do you believe everything that the government tells you?
Major West said:
Can you back this up with evidence?
Please do. I've never become dependant on Psilocybin mushrooms, even in high doses.:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Indy's Fist

eroc said:
This is all from anti-drug advocates. Of course they will tell you this. Do you believe everything you hear? Or better yet do you believe everything that the government tells you?

Please do. I've never become dependant on Psilocybin mushrooms, even in high doses.:D

I don't belive everything my government tells me. But when they tell me I'll go to jail if I possess weed then I tend to take them at their word. I don't use weed or drink or try to get high at all. I love being sober. It might be a "holier than thou" attitude but it's MY choice not to do these things. I would just hope others would have the same common sense and respect me for my choice. Just like many pot smokers want the same respect for their habits. Double standard? Maybe.

deckard24

Evidence A

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nubw-MjUffA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nubw-MjUffA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Evidence B

Wait or fast forward to the 1:31 mark!
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2fkTw3T18Wo&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2fkTw3T18Wo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

sarah navarro

I like the title of evidence A "very stoned and dumb",i counted Harrison saying F#ck 5 times:D :p
The second one was just weird and ive never seen it before.

HA!
I just noticed on the little videos that are related to the evidence A ,on the bottom of the video theres one called Harrison Ford-"what up biotch"

Last edited:

deckard24

sarah navarro said:
I like the title of evidence A "very stoned and dumb",i counted Harrison saying F#ck 5 times:D :p
The second one was just weird and ive never seen it before.

HA!
I just noticed on the little videos that are related to the evidence A ,on the bottom of the video theres one called Harrison Ford-"what up biotch"
Yeah Sarah, Ford drops the F-Bomb a bunch of times in that video! It's hysterical! The second video is from a film called Getting Straight in which Ford plays a college stoner, go figure.

I just noticed the "What up Biotch?" clip too!LOL

A review of John Leguizamo's one man show:Klass Klown

Perth, 35, Wynnewood: He?s a fascinating, energetic character, that?s for sure. But I found it a little confusing because he was clearly embellishing a lot of his stories. But it?s autobiographical. And so I?m trying to figure out, did he really slap Sean Penn? Did he smoke weed with Harrison Ford in a trailer? Which part is real and which part is made up? If it were just him playing a character, I wouldn?t care. But he?s playing himself.

The scales are tipping...

5353872076_515da9c572_z.jpg

He did mention "doing things" in the 60's...

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
He looks like a mix between Shia and Bob Denver. Zoinks! Better question is what's the "o" symbol the guy in the middle is doing?

Indy's brother

Mitchellhallock said:
He looks like a mix between Shia and Bob Denver. Zoinks! Better question is what's the "o" symbol the guy in the middle is doing?

Well, since you looked at it, the guy gets to slug you in the arm....unless you can break the circle before he catches you peeking. :p

The Drifter

Indy's brother said:
Well, since you looked at it, the guy gets to slug you in the arm....unless you can break the circle before he catches you peeking. :p

Hah! You just brought back that memory for me. I remember me and my friends doing that back in our school days.

Stoo

Mitchellhallock said:
Better question is what's the "o" symbol the guy in the middle is doing?
C'mon, you've never seen that before?!?:rolleyes: It's a Buddhist hand gesture (a mudra) known as the 'welcoming mudra'.

Dating the picture, my guess would be c.1967/68 since Harrison's hair is the same length in "Journey to Shiloh" (relased in '68) and didn't Harrison go to the Monterey Pop Festival in the summer of '67?