The Indiana Jones Timeline / Chronology

DIrishB

The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones - My First Adventure (May - July, 1908)
The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones - Passion For Life (September, 1908)
The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones - The Perils of Cupid (November, 1908)
The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones - Travels with Father (January, 1910)
The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones - Journey of Radiance (January - March, 1910)
"Indy in China: The Runaway Adventure" (March, 1910)
Young Indiana Jones and the Titanic Adventure (April, 1912)
Young Indiana Jones and the Pirates' Loot (June, 1912)
Young Indiana Jones and the Phantom of the Klondike / Indiana Jones Jr et le Fantôme du Klondike (July, 1912)
Young Indiana Jones and the Lost Gold of Durango (August, 1912)
Young Indiana Jones and the Radioactive Bulb / Indiana Jones Jr et l'Ampoule Radioactive (November, 1912)
Young Indiana Jones and the Sacred Meteorite / Indiana Jones Jr et le Météorite Sacrée (March, 1913)
Young Indiana Jones and the Plantation Treasure (April, 1913)
Young Indiana Jones and the Tomb of Terror (June, 1913)
Young Indiana Jones and the Mountains of Superstition (July, 1913)
Young Indiana Jones and the Child Lama / Indiana Jones Jr et l'Enfant Lama (August, 1913)
Young Indiana Jones and the Princess of Peril (August, 1913)
Young Indiana Jones and the Violin of the Metropolitan / Indiana Jones Jr et le Violon du Metropolitan (September, 1913)
Young Indiana Jones and the Bermuda Triangle / Indiana Jones Jr et le Triangle des Bermudes (September, 1913)
Young Indiana Jones and the Ghostly Riders (October, 1913)
Young Indiana Jones and the Circle of Death (December, 1913)
Young Indiana Jones and the Journey to the Underworld (January, 1914)
Young Indiana Jones and the Curse of the Ruby Cross (March, 1914)
Young Indiana Jones and the Gypsy Revenge (May, 1914)
Young Indiana Jones and the Secret City (June, 1914)
Young Indiana Jones and the Mountain of Fire (October, 1914)
Young Indiana Jones and the Face of the Dragon (October, 1914)
Young Indiana Jones and the Eye of the Tiger (December, 1914)
Young Indiana Jones and the Spectre of Venice / Indiana Jones Jr et le Spectre de Venise (January, 1915)
The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones - Spring Break Adventure (February - March, 1916)
The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles - Mid Atlantic, April 1916 (April, 1916)
The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones - Love's Sweet Song (April - May, 1916)
The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones - Trenches of Hell (August, 1916)
The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones - Demons of Deception (September - October, 1916)
The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones - Phantom Train of Doom (November, 1916)
The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones - Oganga, the Giver and Taker of Life (December, 1916 - January, 1917)
The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones - Attack of the Hawkmen (February - March, 1917)
The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones - Adventures in the Secret Service (March - June, 1917)
The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones - Espionage Escapades (June - August, 1917)
The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones - Daredevils of the Desert (October, 1917)
Instruments of Chaos Starring Young Indiana Jones (October, 1917)
The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones - Tales of Innocence (November, 1917 - June, 1918)
The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones - Masks of Evil (September, 1918)
The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones - Treasure of the Peacock's Eye (November, 1918 - January, 1919)
The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones - Winds of Change (May, 1919)
The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones - Mystery of the Blues (April - May, 1920 [1950])
The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones - Scandal of 1920 (June - July, 1920)
The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones - Hollywood Follies (August, 1920)

DIrishB

Indiana Jones and the Peril at Delphi ([1920] October, 1922)
Indiana Jones and the Secret of the Pyramid / Indiana Jones et le Secret de la Pyramide (April, 1923)
Indiana Jones and the Dance of the Giants (June, 1925)
Indiana Jones and the Seven Veils ([1925] March - April, 1926)
Indiana Jones Adventures RPG - "On Ice" (December, 1926)
Indiana Jones and the Genesis Deluge ([1917] April, 1927)
Indiana Jones and the Unicorn's Legacy ([1786 - 1924] May - June, 1928)
Indiana Jones and the Interior World ([1928] April, 1929)
Indiana Jones and the Sky Pirates (January, 1930)
Indiana Jones and the Sky Pirates and Other Tales RPG - "The Revenge of Evil" (January, 1930)
Indiana Jones and the White Witch (February, 1930)
Indiana Jones and His Desktop Adventures (June, 1930)
Indiana Jones and the City of Lightning / Indiana Jones et la Cité de la Foudre (October, 1930)
Indiana Jones Adventures, Vol. 1 (December, 1930)
Indiana Jones and the Feathered Serpent / Indiana Jones und die Gefiederte Schlange (July, 1932)
Indiana Jones and the Philosopher's Stone (March, 1933)
Indiana Jones and the Curse of Horror Island (June, 1933)
Indiana Jones and the Giants of the Silver Tower (June, 1933)
Indiana Jones Adventures RPG - "The Kweichow Exodus" (August, 1933)
Indiana Jones and the Dinosaur Eggs (October - December, 1933)
Indiana Jones and the Hollow Earth (February, 1934)
Indiana Jones and the Cult of the Mummy's Crypt (June, 1934)
Indiana Jones and the Secret of the Sphinx (September, 1934)
Indiana Jones and the Shrine of the Sea Devil #1 (January, 1935)
Indiana Jones and the Rising Sun RPG (February, 1935)
Indiana Jones Adventures RPG - "The Carlisle Incident" (March, 1935)
Indiana Jones Adventures RPG - "The City of Dreams" (April, 1935)
Indiana Jones and the Cup of the Vampire (May, 1935)
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb (June, 1935)
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom RPG - "The Search for Nurhachi" (June, 1935)
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (June, 1935)
Indiana Jones in the Lost Kingdom (August, 1935)
Indiana Jones and the Sky Pirates and Other Tales RPG - "The Adventure of the Second Horn" (September, 1935)
Indiana Jones - Magic & Mysticism: The Dark Continent RPG (September, 1935)
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom RPG - "Day of the Dark Light" (January, 1936)
Indiana Jones and the Cursed Book of Magic / Indiana Jones et le Grimoire Maudit (April, 1936)
Indiana Jones and the Legion of Death (May, 1936)
Indiana Jones and the Tomb of the Gods #1-4 ([1931] July, 1936)
Indiana Jones Adventure - Temple of the Forbidden Eye (July, 1936)
Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark (August, 1936)
Indiana Jones in Revenge of the Ancients (September, 1936)
The Further Adventures of Indiana Jones #1-34 (October, 1936 - January, 1937)
The World of Indiana Jones RPG - "The Jewel of the Ancients" (January, 1937)
Raiders of the Lost Ark RPG - "Silver Horus" (February, 1937)
Indiana Jones and the Tomb of the Templars RPG (February, 1937)
Indiana Jones and the Golden Vampires RPG (March, 1937)
"Indiana Jones and the Wrath of Hecate" RPG - Shadis #36 (May, 1937)
"Indiana Jones and the Temple of Seth" RPG - Cryptych Vol. 2, #1 (June, 1937)
"Legend of the Long Knife" RPG - Adventures Unlimited #3 (July, 1937)
Indiana Jones and the Eye of the Fates (August, 1937)
Indiana Jones and the Arms of Gold #1-4 (October, 1937)
"Tomb of Turases III" RPG - Shadis #17 (October, 1937)
Indiana Jones and the Dragon of Vengeance (June, 1938)
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade ([1912] August, 1938)
Indiana Jones - Thunder in the Orient #1-6 (September, 1938)
Indiana Jones and the Gold of Genghis Khan (November, 1938)
Indiana Jones and the Lost Treasure of Sheba (December, 1938)
Indiana Jones and the Longship of the Gods / Indiana Jones und das Schiff der Götter (March, 1939)
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (May, 1939)
Indiana Jones and the Ape Slaves of Howling Island (July, 1939)
Indiana Jones and the Mask of the Elephant (August, 1939)
Indiana Jones and the Sargasso Pirates #1-4 (September, 1939)
Indiana Jones and the Legacy of Avalon / Indiana Jones und das Erbe von Avalon (September, 1940)
Indiana Jones and the Golden Fleece #1-2 (April, 1941)
Indiana Jones and the Labyrinth of Horus / Indiana Jones und das Labyrinth des Horus (May, 1941)
Indiana Jones and the Sword of Genghis Khan / Indiana Jones und das Schwert des Dschingis Khan (June, 1941)
Indiana Jones and the Gold of El Dorado / Indiana Jones und das Gold von El Dorado (June, 1941)
Indiana Jones and the Secret of Easter Island / Indiana Jones und das Geheimnis der Osterinseln (October, 1941)
Indiana Jones and the Lost People / Indiana Jones und das Verschwundene Volk (August, 1943)
Indiana Jones and the Treasure of Monte Cassino (May, 1944)
Indiana Jones and the Spear of Destiny #1-4 ([1938] March, 1945)
Indiana Jones and the Iron Phoenix #1-4 (September, 1946)
Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine: Official Strategy Guide - "Introduction, Barnett College, 1947" (March, 1947)
Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine (March, 1947)
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (May, 1957)

DIrishB

I've been talking about posting it for awhile, so here it is. My version of the Indy timeline. Now there are a lot of different Indy timelines floating around the net and even here on the boards, all very worthy efforts (and many helpful in me putting together this one). The one thing every other Indy timeline I came across was missing were all the great West End Games Role Playing Games Adventures. Considering how some of those tie into canonical events themselves ("The Search for Nurhachi" RPG adventure basically serves as a Prequel to Temple of Doom, or an interquel between Emperor's Tomb and ToD), I decided to begin researching and adding those in. I also wanted to add all the foreign Indy tales in (the German novels, the French comics, and the few UK only comic tales) since many ignored those tales as well.

For simplicity's sake, I didn't break up the flashbacks (like in Last Crusade's prologue), but instead include a notation in the date references to show there is a flashback (or flashforward in the case of Mystery of the Blues).

In terms of the different media forms:

The 4 Indy films are bolded and underlined.

The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones are bolded (and are now considered the canonical versions over the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles as far as this timeline goes).

The comics are italicized and underlined.

The video games are underlined.

The regular US novels are italicized.

Also to keep it simple, for the books/comics I color coded the timeline to a degree:

Anything Blue is a foreign only tale (the German novels, French comics, or UK comics). They also feature the translated title first, and the original title second.

Anything Green is a Find Your Fate novel.

Anything Red is an RPG adventure.

In terms of whats considered canonical, this timeline is an attempt to include EVERYTHING that could be considered canonical. If you choose to ignore everything but the movies, thats cool. But if you consider everything canonical, this timeline helps organize the adventures chronologically. So basically, it allows people to pick and choose which adventures they want to include as canonical in their own personal Indy timelines. If you want to ignore certain adventures, this timeline allows that. If you want to include ALL of them, well, this allows that too. Its up to you.

And, I realize there are multiple viewpoints on when certain adventures take place (mostly concerning the original movies).

In terms of Raiders, I disagree with the generally held view that months pass over the course of the movie (particularly between the prologue scene in South America and Indy's return to the US and his teaching position at the university). Mainly this is due to the fact that Indy relates the tale of the Chachopoyan Idol to Marcus in his classroom for the first time. If months had passed, logic kind of implies Indy would've telegrammed Marcus to let him know. Days or weeks between those portions of the movie make more sense to me than months.

Also realize that some dates are assumed (if not specified in the story itself), based on several factors:

1.) Real world historical events that might be mentioned or taking place in the various stories.

2.) Certain Indy supporting characters appearing in adventures (for instance, Marion appearing in Revenge of the Ancients and the Further Adventures comic series place those soon after Raiders)

3.) And in the rare case neither of those apply, dates are arbitrarily ascribed based on the time/dates available for them to happen, etc.

So, let the timeline discussion begin!

Last edited:

Lao_Che

The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones - Daredevils of the Desert (October, 1917)
Instruments of Chaos Starring Young Indiana Jones (October, 1917)

Is that even physically possible within the space of one month? *edit* Gaza > Palestine(?) > Egypt, Tibet, India, England > Germany

Last edited:

DIrishB

Lao_Che said:
Is that even physically possible within the space of one month? *edit* Gaza > Palestine(?) > Egypt, Tibet, India, England > Germany

Thats a good point. The Young Indy video game was one of those arbitrarily placed (well, almost) mentions I was talking about.

However, I DO think its entirely possible to fit the entire game (distances withstanding) and episode inside a month if limited air travel is taken into account. Long distance aerial planes weren't really in existence (or at least reliably, anyway) that early on, but taking in continued refueling stops and other possible means of transportation (automobile, horse, and the much slower ship/boat), I think covering those distances in a month is feasible.

After all, less than ten years later both Lindbergh and Earhart both crossed the Atlantic in under two days. No reason to think Indy couldn't travel between those locations and undertake his missions at those locations all within a 30 day period.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure my logic holds up.

Plaristes

Excellent timeline. The only Indy items I have that aren't listed (besides, of course, "Indiana Jones and the Mystery of the Hidden Temple!" from LEGO Magazine) are a few entries in the Raiders sourcebook: "Abner's Journal," "Kapitän?s Log: Fregattenkapitän Oskar Schomburg, U26," "On Forrestal?s Trail," and "Tracking Dr. Jones." But these are pretty minor, so I don't know if it's worth adding them or not.

DIrishB

Plaristes said:
Excellent timeline. The only Indy items I have that aren't listed (besides, of course, "Indiana Jones and the Mystery of the Hidden Temple!" from LEGO Magazine)

Huh...hadn't heard of that...can it be considered canonical, or is it a LEGO Indy story (meaning, is everything made of LEGO's)? If its possibly canonical, let me know so I can research it. ;)

are a few entries in the Raiders sourcebook: "Abner's Journal," "Kapitän’s Log: Fregattenkapitän Oskar Schomburg, U26," "On Forrestal’s Trail," and "Tracking Dr. Jones." But these are pretty minor, so I don't know if it's worth adding them or not.

You mean from the West End Games RPG sourcebook? Its as you said, they're kind of minor entries that aren't stories or offer much story narrative themselves (more supplemental material is how I view those). Though now that you mention them I'm going to go back and re-read those just to be sure.

Last edited:

Plaristes

The Lego story is N-canon. It's a retelling of part of IJatKotCS, but it contradicts the film in various ways. Fun comic, though.
The Raiders sourcebook I mentioned is just the WEG Raiders of the Lost Ark Sourcebook, from which you have already included material in your timeline.

DIrishB

Plaristes said:
The Lego story is N-canon. It's a retelling of part of IJatKotCS, but it contradicts the film in various ways. Fun comic, though.

Got it. I'll have to check it out.

The Raiders sourcebook I mentioned is just the WEG Raiders of the Lost Ark Sourcebook, from which you have already included material in your timeline.

Yeah, I just pulled the SB off the bookshelf to double check. But as said, its sort of just supplemental/expansions on the existing adventure of Raiders. I kind of lump them in with the existing Raiders SB adventure entry "Silver Horus"...which I originally thought made more sense taking place months after Raiders (the film itself), but now see I should've placed it immediately after or even occuring just before.

I hate that the Edit feature disappears after a few minutes. :(

Plaristes

Since I think you've mentioned you don't have a copy, here are a few dates from Indiana Jones: The Ultimate Guide that are inconsistent with your timeline. I'm not sure how seriously one should take these dates, since the UG contradicts the recent Lost Journal and it actually even contradicts itself in places (Short Round is born in 1926, yet manages to be 11 years old in 1935 :confused: ):
Indy meets Puccini in August 1908.
Indy meets Teddy Roosevelt in Sep. 1909.
Indy in Durango, CO in Feb. 1913
The Trenches of Hell, Sep-Oct 1916.
Indy and Dracula, Jan. 1918
Indy in Istanbul, Jul. 1918
Temple of the Forbidden Eye, Jul. 1935
Raiders, April 1936
Indy gets Cross of Coronado, Mar. 1938
Indy finds the grail, June 1938

DIrishB

Plaristes said:
Since I think you've mentioned you don't have a copy, here are a few dates from Indiana Jones: The Ultimate Guide that are inconsistent with your timeline. I'm not sure how seriously one should take these dates, since the UG contradicts the recent Lost Journal and it actually even contradicts itself in places (Short Round is born in 1926, yet manages to be 11 years old in 1935 :confused: ):
Indy meets Puccini in August 1908.
Indy meets Teddy Roosevelt in Sep. 1909.
Indy in Durango, CO in Feb. 1913
The Trenches of Hell, Sep-Oct 1916.
Indy and Dracula, Jan. 1918
Indy in Istanbul, Jul. 1918
Temple of the Forbidden Eye, Jul. 1935
Raiders, April 1936
Indy gets Cross of Coronado, Mar. 1938
Indy finds the grail, June 1938

Cool. Some of those I can definitly use in better placing the later adventures.

But the Young Indy era stuff ALL has to be taken with a grain of salt now, due to Lucas' retconning of certain YIJC dates for the Adventures of Young Indy DVD sets and the editing together of the episodes. Certain dates HAVE to be changed for them to flow chronologically. This creates minor hiccups due to actual historical dates making the new dates unlikely. For instance the Edith Wharton/Hemingway appearances in separate YIJC episodes worked fine as they were originally, but once edited together to take place one right after the other, a historical inaccuracy arises in respose to Wharton's trip to Morocco which really occurred in 1917, and Hemingway not joining the Red Cross until 1918, though he events are shown in reverse in the edited movie/episode.

Just one of those things...

As for the Temple of the Forbidden Eye ride, there are dates covering the course of a year from the temple's discovery (July 1935) by Indy through its opening to tourists (when the actual events of the ride itself takes place). So I think my date of July, 1936 is accurate given that info, at least for the events in the ride itself.

As for the dates of the movies themselves, I've seen many different placements for all three movies, though of course the years are the same since they're noted in the movies themselves...but I literally have seen all twelve dfferent months used to try and place the events of Raiders. Some have it taking place all in the same month, some spread over several months, some ove six months.

Last edited:

Plaristes

Yeah, I've seen a lot of dates for the films, too. Here's some more grist for the mill from The Lost Journal of Indiana Jones:
Temple of Doom, Dec. 1935;
Indy leaves the U.S. to find the Chachapoyan temple, May 18, 1936;
Indy finds temple, May 25, 1936;
The paper recording the intercepted Nazi communique about Abner and Tanis is dated June 12, 1936;
Indy's ticket to Kathmandu is dated July 22, 1936;
The day Indy thinks Marion dies in the truck is Aug. 2, 1936;
Entry about recovering the cross of Coronado is Jan. 2, 1938 (so recovery must have been earlier);
Henry Sr. mails his grail diary on Jan. 3, 1938;
Newspaper clipping, "Ugly American on Rampage," about the events in the Venice library dated Feb. 12, 1938;
I think the message ordering the elimination of the Joneses (received at the castle) is dated Mar. 6, which is weird because the flyer for the book burning in Berlin is dated Mar. 4;
Henry Sr. sends a letter to Jr. dated June 1, 1938, and this is clearly after finding the grail.

DIrishB

Plaristes said:
Yeah, I've seen a lot of dates for the films, too. Here's some more grist for the mill from The Lost Journal of Indiana Jones:
Temple of Doom, Dec. 1935;
Indy leaves the U.S. to find the Chachapoyan temple, May 18, 1936;
Indy finds temple, May 25, 1936;
The paper recording the intercepted Nazi communique about Abner and Tanis is dated June 12, 1936;
Indy's ticket to Kathmandu is dated July 22, 1936;
The day Indy thinks Marion dies in the truck is Aug. 2, 1936;
Entry about recovering the cross of Coronado is Jan. 2, 1938 (so recovery must have been earlier);
Henry Sr. mails his grail diary on Jan. 3, 1938;
Newspaper clipping, "Ugly American on Rampage," about the events in the Venice library dated Feb. 12, 1938;
I think the message ordering the elimination of the Joneses (received at the castle) is dated Mar. 6, which is weird because the flyer for the book burning in Berlin is dated Mar. 4;
Henry Sr. sends a letter to Jr. dated June 1, 1938, and this is clearly after finding the grail.

Hmmm...I might be able to work those dates in accurately. At work now, but once I get home I'll mess with the timeline a bit.

Just want to say thanks for the info, its very much appreciated.

Plaristes

No prob. This kind of stuff is fun. :hat:
Another item you might consider adding to the timeline is the prologue in Suzanne Weyn's recent Temple of Doom young adult novelization. It's set on July 6, 1935, and it's about Indy receiving a letter inviting him to China and offering the Eye of the Peacock as payment. This is about six months before the events of the film, as the first chapter (which has Indy entering Club Obi Wan) is dated December 1935.

DIrishB

Plaristes said:
No prob. This kind of stuff is fun. :hat:
Another item you might consider adding to the timeline is the prologue in Suzanne Weyn's recent Temple of Doom young adult novelization. It's set on July 6, 1935, and it's about Indy receiving a letter inviting him to China and offering the Eye of the Peacock as payment. This is about six months before the events of the film, as the first chapter (which has Indy entering Club Obi Wan) is dated December 1935.

Cool. Again, had no idea this novelization added to the story. I'll definitly add that in. I'll go by the bookstore this weekend to pick it up (or order it off Amazon if my local shop doesn't have it). I wonder if it conflicts with anything in Emperor's Tomb (I doubt it though) or the Temple of Doom RPG sourcebook. Thanks again for the heads up, Plaristes. Between your generous info and BrodyIsDead's posting of the Mountains of Superstition scans on his site, the past few days have been like an Indy fan lottery!

Appreciate it, and if there's anything else you think of, let me know!

Johnny Jones

DIrishB said:
I wonder if it conflicts with anything in Emperor's Tomb (I doubt it though) or the Temple of Doom RPG sourcebook.
I think it contradicts the Dinosaur Eggs story, because it mentions Indy not knowing who Lao Che is before he goes after the diamond. (He guesses right from the beginning that Lao is a crook, though.):whip:
It mentions some more details about him and Wu Han and Short Round finding Nurhachi and stuff, but since you're getting the book soon I'll let you find out for yourself.:gun:

DIrishB

Plaristes said:
Well, I've never seen it, so I don't know if it contains a canon story or not, but Indiana Jones Adventure might be added to the timeline (if you track this down, let me know!).

I'm not sure about that one. I know that article says they're playing Marion and Sallah, but I think its more in the sense that they're playing the characters as hosts for the purpose of advertising the ride. I think there might've even been behind the scenes/how we built it type portions, so I don't really think that can be considered canon.

There's also Temple of the Crystal Skull, but since I've never been to Tokyo, I've never ridden it (you can find footage of people riding it on youtube, however).

I've researched it, but I'm unsure on whether to include it or not. I'm not sure if I should consider it an original adventure, or just a minor variation on Temple of the Forbidden Eye. The fact that its title is so close to the fourth movie doesn't help either. If its got an original storyline, I suppose it should be included, but I'm not sure it does (or as said, anything more than a variation on Temple of the Forbidden Eye).

Johnny Jones said:
I think it contradicts the Dinosaur Eggs story, because it mentions Indy not knowing who Lao Che is before he goes after the diamond. (He guesses right from the beginning that Lao is a crook, though.):whip:

Yeah. I'd researched the books events some in terms of the timeline (and because Emperor's Tomb claims to be the first meeting of Wu Han and Indy), and discovered this timeline-hiccup. To be expected in some sense (different authors, different mediums, no strict continuity team like with Star Wars). Oh well. Maybe to reconcile it we can claim Indy and Wu Han were lying about not knowing each other (since they'd met previously in the novels) to fool Mei-Ying for whatever reason. Its a stretch, but I'm ok with that. ;)

It mentions some more details about him and Wu Han and Short Round finding Nurhachi and stuff, but since you're getting the book soon I'll let you find out for yourself.:gun:

Cool beans. I'll see how it affects the placement for the RPG "Search for Nurhachi" adventure and see if it can be reconciled.

And as you can imagine, I'll be updating/editing/re-arranging my timeline quite often based on new info provided by you Indy scholars. I'll post a new version soon here in the thread, once I've had a chance to do some more date checking and novel reading.

DIrishB

My Indiana Jones Adventures RPG (West End Games) book arrived today! I stumbled across it on Ebay in a lot of RPG books, and bought the whole lot just to get this book (its a tough one to find nowadays). Anyway, I made some minor changes to the four stories and their dates on the timeline from that volume.

Again, I'll post an updated version in a week or so, once I get a chance to finalize some of the dates I was unsure of or needed adjusting.

Junior Jones

DIrishB said:
I'd researched the books events some in terms of the timeline (and because Emperor's Tomb claims to be the first meeting of Wu Han and Indy), and discovered this timeline-hiccup. To be expected in some sense (different authors, different mediums, no strict continuity team like with Star Wars). Oh well. Maybe to reconcile it we can claim Indy and Wu Han were lying about not knowing each other (since they'd met previously in the novels) to fool Mei-Ying for whatever reason. Its a stretch, but I'm ok with that. ;)

Actually, I don't remember a specific claim within the game (the marketing is another story) that this is their first meeting. When they meet in the game, Indy says something like "Who the hell are you?"

If you just ignore this line, there's no timeline conflict. Or, my theory is that Wu Han was standing in a shadow and Indy just didn't recognize his old friend and they caught up with each other later in an offscreen scene.