Shia LaBeouf

WillKill4Food

kongisking said:
...chances are, every guy that has been on this earth has probably thought about such at least once)
:sick:
kongisking said:
And guys, please don't use my defending of incest as ammunition to accuse me of being that way.
:rolleyes:
kongisking said:
Now, could anyone post some photos of Mrs. LaBeouf, so we can see whether or not she deserves to be goggled by her son?
050509_shia.jpg

...No.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Ok, officially :sick: . The more Shia opens his mouth the less I like him and the creeper I find him. Lucky for me, James Franco and Luke Ford are still hot! ;)

Somebody needs to have a little talk to Dr Phil. :rolleyes: Forget Britney and forget the Octo-Mom! :p

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Weird Icelandic Sigur Ros video featuring electric lollypops and lepidoptery.
You can also discover whether or not Shia is circumcised.

Indy's brother

Found it elsewhere Moe, but due to it's NSFW nature, I won't post a link that's available to minors. It requires a herculean amount of mental fortitude to get through all 8 minutes of this, so I didn't. I watched a minute and a half of it, then flipped through, and it just got weirder as it went. Which is saying something. Now don't get me wrong, I'm no prude, and I like some stuff that is artistically questionable at best, but this? Seriously? Am I simply another uncouth and uncultured big-mac-pounding american joe-six-pack, or is this just a load of crap being weird for the sake of being weird. If I'm wrong to be dismissive, tell me what I'm missing here.

Edit: Son of Indiana Jones my left foot.

Last edited:

Indy's brother

Moedred said:
Maybe it skips a generation.
seanconnery-zardoz.jpg

Of course, this was after Connery was Mr. Universe, and James Bond, so I'll give him some slack for Zardoz. Shia hasn't done enough "manly" things in his career to get a pass from me on this.

Brooke Logan

I've never seen Shia in anything else so I can't compare his performances, but I don't think he seemed like a bad actor. I don't know if he was the best choice for Indy's son, but I really doubt any other actor could have made it much better. I think the problem with the movie was more the script, because it had a lot of good actors in it (Karen Allen, Cate Blanchett, John Hurt) but none of the characters were all that great to me.

I liked the villains the best but even they weren't up to par with the other movies' villains.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I think reports of bridge-burning are wildly exaggerated, though this overlooked quote was interesting:
Company and LaBeouf's The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman, now in postproduction, were financed by L.A.-based Voltage Pictures. "These dudes are a miracle," he says. "They give you the money, and they trust you -- [unlike the studios, which] give you the money, then get on a plane and come to the set and stick a finger up your ass and chase you around for five months."

Indy's brother

Shia plagiarizes comic, and also his response

As words fail me, I will let this article speak for itself. Follow the link for a compilation of Shia's tweets on the matter.

Shia LaBeouf made a short film about critics. That in itself was enough to earn an avalanche of attention when the film, "HowardCantour.com," debuted online yesterday, available for a wide audience for the first time after premiering at Cannes in 2012. Critics are totally unaccustomed to anyone looking at them, much less to being portrayed by Jim Gaffigan and Thomas Lennon as they mouth pitch perfect lines like "I love these publicists?they always spring for the good cookies." "HowardCantour.com" could have been a train-wreck vanity project from an actor who'd always seemed *****ly to critics, but instead it was interesting and thoughtful. The reception was surprisingly warm. That is, until the accusations of plagiarism began.

This being the Internet, with much better access to Google than a theater at Cannes, it took no time at all for baffled writers to realize LaBeouf's film was a very close adaptation of a comic strip by Ghost World and Art School Confidential author Daniel Clowes, called "Justin M. Damiano." Same characters, different names, same lines of dialogue?the connection is unmistakable. And it didn't take long for the uproar to get back to LaBeouf, who then password-protected the film and issued a series of tweets by way of apology.

Ready for yet another twist? That first part of the apology??Copying isn?t a particularly creative work??was itself copied from Yahoo Answers, as pointed out by Buzzfeed's Jordan Zakarin. The writer also got in touch with Clowes, who said he?d first heard of LaBeouf?s adaptation yesterday morning, when friends sent him the link: ?I was shocked, to say the least, when I saw that he took the script and even many of the visuals from a very personal story I did six or seven years ago and passed it off as his own work. I actually can?t imagine what was going through his mind.?

Shia LaBeouf may be an amateur filmmaker, but he's not an amateur filmmaker who gets to claim naivete. He has been acting since he was 12. He has worked for Steven Spielberg, Michael Bay, Oliver Stone, Robert Redford, and Lars von Trier. He is surrounded, both professionally and privately, by people who know perfectly well that even when a newspaper article inspires you to write a story, you give it credit. It is possible that LaBeouf didn?t tell any of the dozens of people who worked on ?HowardCantour.com? about Clowes?s comic. But it seems impossible that LaBeouf himself never supposed that his adaptation was the kind of thing that demanded credit.

Then again? how could he have possibly thought he?d get away with it? Nobody said anything when the film screened at Cannes, sure, but that?s an incredibly small audience compared to the Internet, where no indie comic is too small to be defended by its ardent fans. Clowes?s original comic appeared in the anthology collection The Book of Other People, a charity effort that directed all proceeds to Dave Eggers's 826NYC non-profit. By adapting the comic without permission LaBeouf isn?t taking money away from the charity or Clowes himself; it is a fairly victimless crime of omission. But for a guy who can?t seem to catch a break, between feuding with Alec Baldwin and getting into a bar brawls, it can?t help to cross a beloved indie artist who did his work for charity. It?s a shame, too?the film is actually pretty good.

Dr. Gonzo

You know you've made it when presenter Jim Carrey makes you a 2014 Golden Globe punchline... I guess he can retire now...