Shia LaBeouf

Indy's brother

Holy crap that was a funny read. I don't have what I would consider a deep-seated hatred of the guy (by Indyfan standards, anyway), but he annoys me enough. Enough to have thoroughly enjoyed that. Best Cracked article I've read in quite a while.

Montana Smith

233293.jpg

On the upside, he's a much better actor in this one.

Playing the nerd comes naturally. He'd be great playing himself in a biopic.

233333.jpg

This is to lower your blood pressure. The next line runs a risk of rageurysms.

Yay!!! Kittens!!! :D

Mickiana

kongisking said:
I'm mad at the guy too, but that's just laughably, unreasonably vitriolic.

Why was it unreasonable? He was caught out plagiarising someone else's work. That's theft. How or why did he not credit the source of his efforts? We can guess at that.

The article is vitriolic and creatively and justifiably so. What are the alternatives - that Shia doesn't get caught (impossible) or that he doesn't commit this legal and artistic travesty in the first place?

kongisking

Mickiana said:
Why was it unreasonable? He was caught out plagiarising someone else's work. That's theft. How or why did he not credit the source of his efforts? We can guess at that.

The article is vitriolic and creatively and justifiably so. What are the alternatives - that Shia doesn't get caught (impossible) or that he doesn't commit this legal and artistic travesty in the first place?

Maybe because the article is acting like LaBeouf is the absolute worst thing in existence right now. It's completely unbelievable how negative that article is. And yes, I'm aware Cracked is trying to be funny while telling news stories, but sheesh. And putting aside my obvious ire at them using a Mutt still to compliment a running gag...

Next they'll make one called, "Why Shia LaBeouf is No Better than Osama bin Laden".

See? Even when I'm pissed off to hell and back at Shia, I still defend him from the obnoxious haters. Truly pathetic, I am. *Yoda chuckle*

Indy's brother

Mickiana said:

I agree. If an actor who wasn't attached to Indiana Jones had made the same missteps, I would expect this exact sort of backlash online. Moreso, infact. Imagine if, say, Christine Aquilera had done all of the same things. The internet response would be HUGE. This guy seems to have no self-awareness whatsoever. Celebrity is a privilege, and part of the job is handling yourself in the media. Shia Hasabeef with being called out on his own BS, a better actor would pretend to possess humility with a bit more believability.

Mickiana

kongisking said:
Maybe because the article is acting like LaBeouf is the absolute worst thing in existence right now. It's completely unbelievable how negative that article is. And yes, I'm aware Cracked is trying to be funny while telling news stories, but sheesh. And putting aside my obvious ire at them using a Mutt still to compliment a running gag...

Next they'll make one called, "Why Shia LaBeouf is No Better than Osama bin Laden".

See? Even when I'm pissed off to hell and back at Shia, I still defend him from the obnoxious haters. Truly pathetic, I am. *Yoda chuckle*

The article does not make him out to be the worst thing in the world. The worst thing in the world is in Room 101. ;) Try to refrain from such exaggeration as it won't bolster your argument.

In this case the humour employed in deriding Shia is heavily tinged (i.e. soaking in it) with the more important aim of pointing out how wrong he was in plagiarising someone else's work.

And as for whether he is worse than Osama BL, well, Osama did used to help out the CIA! I don't think Shia did anything that important! I joke there of course, but no one is comparing him to a terrorist force, except maybe the person he's stealing from.

Montana Smith

Mickiana said:
And as for whether he is worse than Osama BL, well, Osama did used to help out the CIA! I don't think Shia did anything that important! I joke there of course, but no one is comparing him to a terrorist force, except maybe the person he's stealing from.

Maybe change the analogy to Saddam Hussain?

Oh, wait...

The media demands something to kick and something to adore. They'll go to the extreme in both cases because the dunce in the street likes things to be set out nice and clearly. The black and white, the good and the bad, because grey areas are just a little bit too taxing.

In this case, Shia just keeps on giving a justification for the kicking he's getting.

The only hope he has of self-reclamation is doing something like opening a sanctuary for orphaned kittens.

kongisking

Montana Smith said:
Maybe change the analogy to Saddam Hussain?

Oh, wait...

Once again, you spook me, Smiffy. For I was going to say Saddam in my original post, but changed it to bin Laden at the last second.

How do you do it?

Montana Smith

kongisking said:
Once again, you spook me, Smiffy. For I was going to say Saddam in my original post, but changed it to bin Laden at the last second.

How do you do it?

"...I know the rage that drives you. That impossible anger strangling the grief, until the memory of your loved one is just... poison in your veins. And one day, you catch yourself wishing the person you loved had never existed so you'd be spared your pain."

http://www.the-movie-times.com/thrsdir/ActorVS.cgi?slabeouf+lneeson

Gear

Shia LaBeouf said:
"Once I had a wife. She was...taken from me."

Shia LaBeouf said:
"...I know the rage that drives you. That impossible anger strangling the grief, until the memory of your loved one is just... poison in your veins. And one day, you catch yourself wishing the person you loved had never existed so you'd be spared your pain."

Tisk, tisk.. Site your sources, guys.

Indy's brother

Shia hasn't hit bottom, yet, apparently. This from The Hollywood Reporter

"He has been detained. He is expected to be charged but nothing has been filed yet," an NYPD spokesperson told The Hollywood Reporter. "The incident occurred at Studio 54 during Cabaret at around 9 p.m [ET]. He was acting disorderly, yelling and being loud, and is currently being held at the Midtown North police station," said the police. Broadway songwriter Benj Pasek tweeted that he saw LaBeouf "in handcuffs in tears surrounded by 6 police officers outside of CABARET the musical."
link

The report from ABC News adds a few more details, including the charges he now faces:

"LaBeouf, 28, was smoking inside the theater and engaging in other disruptive behavior, police said. When he was asked to leave, he refused and then threatened the officers and people on the sidewalk outside. He was charged with two counts of disorderly conduct and one count of criminal trespassing."
link

kongisking

I guess it's a good thing the majority of fans loathed the Mutt character, so its easier to mock LaBeouf for all this. Imagine if our beloved John Ryse-Davies or (gasp!) Karen Allen had these breakdowns? Boy, fans would be inconsolable...