Shia LaBeouf

Dr. Gonzo

His recollection

<div style='text-align:center'>
<script type='text/javascript' src='http://pshared.5min.com/Scripts/PlayerSeed.js?sid=281&width=560&height=345&playList=518461533'></script>
<br/>
</div>

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Richard Harris used to tell Letterman thrilling tales of shenanigans and petty crimes from his drinking days in the 1960s, with a little polish Shia could deliver his own yarns.

Dr. Gonzo

Moedred said:
Just a normal Tuesday night.

that was... beautiful...

slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

See what I/he did there?

kongisking

Gotta admit, I was kinda stunned and confused watching that, unsure what to think (certainly well choreographed and cleverly written, but is it yet more Shia-Deserves-To-Die propoganda or what?)...then the ending. That was indeed fantastically, hilariously cool.

IAdventurer01

Well it's by Rob Cantor of Tally Hall fame and is an extended version of what a previous version. Cantor reportedly wrote the original song because "sternly whispering 'Shia Labouf' makes me giggle."

Not exactly anti-Shia ... just weird. And much in the same vein of Cantor's similar work "Christian Bale is at Your Party."

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Moedred said:
Richard Harris used to tell Letterman thrilling tales of shenanigans and petty crimes from his drinking days in the 1960s, with a little polish Shia could deliver his own yarns.

I've always chosen to believe that the woman in the bedspread jacket story is Helen Mirren.

And come on, this deserves an embed:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Surf's Up 2 appears to have a completely new cast.

And Shia auditioned for War Dogs but didn't get it.
Upon his release from jail, LaBeouf then headed straight for their scheduled meeting, complete with shoelaces atop his sunglasses, as shown in the footage (aired with LaBeouf's permission). “They take your shoelaces away in prison because they’re afraid you’re going to kill yourself, I suppose,” director Todd Phillips explained. “So he was carrying his shoelaces, and for some reason he put them on his face because he was being weird and wanted to throw you off a little bit.”

tssurfer

worth about 25million

some people like him some don't (i personally don't) but he must have a fan base hes only 29 and hes worth bout 25MILLION!!

(from google net worth search)

BTW HI ALL IM NEW TO THE THREADS NAMES SURFER!!

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
tssurfer said:
HI ALL IM NEW
Hi! Didn't see Shia on the 2016 Forbes list of highest paid actors, but Ford just made it:
$15 million - The only returnee on the ranking, Ford makes the cut thanks to an outsized payday for his return as Han Solo in 2015’s Star Wars: The Force Awakens. At 74, he is the oldest member of the ranking.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
http://variety.com/2016/film/news/shia-labeouf-drinking-steven-spielberg-american-honey-1201851776
LaBeouf eventually followed Disney with a lucrative partnership with Steven Spielberg on several projects at DreamWorks–including “Disturbia,” “Transformers” and “Eagle Eye”–as well as Paramount’s “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.” He thought it would be a dream come true, but he had a hard time. “I grew up with this idea, if you got to Spielberg, that’s where it is,” says LaBeouf, who originally wanted roles like Macaulay Culkin’s in the “Home Alone” movies. “I’m not talking about fame, and I’m not talking about money.”

He thought Spielberg would be his ticket to a big-screen legacy. “You get there, and you realize you’re not meeting the Spielberg you dream of,” LaBeouf says. “You’re meeting a different Spielberg, who is in a different stage in his career. He’s less a director than he is a f–king company.” (Spielberg declined to comment.)

LaBeouf felt like there was no room to grow as an actor, and that he was stuck. “Spielberg’s sets are very different,” he says. “Everything has been so meticulously planned. You got to get this line out in 37 seconds. You do that for five years, you start to feel like not knowing what you’re doing for a living.”

When LaBeouf completed the recent art project of re-watching his old films, he purposefully got up and left during the second “Transformers,” which was executive produced by Spielberg. “I don’t like the movies that I made with Spielberg,” he says. “The only movie that I liked that we made together was ‘Transformers’ one.”

LaBeouf says he felt the most disappointed by the reception for 2008’s “Crystal Skull.” He doesn’t consider the sequel a success, despite its worldwide gross of nearly $800 million. “I prepped for a year and a half,” LaBeouf says. “And then the movie comes out, and it’s your fault. That sh-t hurt bad.”

Spielberg once told him not to read his own press, but it didn’t seem like practical advice. “There’s no way to not do that,” LaBeouf says. “For me to not read that means I need to not take part in society.” It was easier for actors before the Internet. “The generation previous to mine didn’t have the immediate response,” he says. “If you were Mark Hamill, you could lie to yourself. You could find the pockets of joy, and turn a blind eye to the sh-t over there.”

He kept seeing anonymous comments online from people complaining that between “Transformers,” “Wall Street 2,” and “Crystal Skull,” he had destroyed the ’80s. Whenever a fan asked him for a selfie, he’d replay those thoughts in his head. “I didn’t like going in public, because I had to face my failures constantly,” he says.

It was around this time that he started drinking heavily.

Z dweller

Re: Shia interview linked by Mo

You're not Brando, dude, not even effin close - get over it. :rolleyes:

Hope that's not too strong, he really needs a dose of reality.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
He got inked with 12 tattoos while making the film, which drove his director crazy, because she didn’t want her star showing up looking different in every scene. The memories of “American Honey” are now forever engraved on LaBeouf’s arms, neck, and both of his knees, which feature matching portraits of Missy Elliott. “I don’t love Missy Elliott like I wanna get two Missy Elliott tattoos,” LaBeouf says. “But you’re in a tattoo parlor, and” — he shrugs — “peer pressure.”
Is this what people in AA do? When you quit smoking, it's sunflower seeds.

He's not as petulant as Megan Fox, but I really think his Spielberg era is over except maybe for cameos. Maybe try the daughter idea next time.

Pale Horse

Staff member
He may not be Brando, but if the rumors are true that Actor Louis Stevens created Shia Labeouf, to perpetuate his ongoing performance art project, then WOW. He's better than we all think.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
The saga continues.
I probably coulda gone lighter on Spielberg. That was probably something I should?ve backed off of, but my feelings are real. Dude gave me a lot of opportunities, though. And that?s on me.