National Geographic Adventure of Archaeology Exhibition

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Well, well...this is a pleasant development. Be interesting to see what other cities end up getting it. I see the UPenn archaeology museum (which is superb, by the way) is involved; Wonder if it'll end up there.

Forbidden Eye

Hopes it comes near me in the US! This sounds pretty cool.

I already stated this in the "Indy 5" thread, but still, a shame TOD was shafted in the trailer.

Dr.Sartorius

Indiana Jones and the Adventure of Archaeology: The Exhibition will launch its world premiere at the Montreal Science Centre from April 28 through September 18, 2011

Let me get this straight. It'll be in Montreal until Sept. 2011?

And no mention of this thing coming to the US? This blows big time. Lucky Canadians.

Don't have the time or money to travel abroad to see it.

Attila the Professor said:
Well, well...this is a pleasant development. Be interesting to see what other cities end up getting it. I see the UPenn archaeology museum (which is superb, by the way) is involved; Wonder if it'll end up there.

The Magic of Myth tour dates:

October 29, 1997 through January 31, 1999 Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum September 25, 1999 through January 2, 2000 The San Diego Museum of Art
February 27, 2000 through June 4, 2000 The Minneapolis Institute of Arts
July 15, 2000 through January 7, 2001 The Field Museum, Chicago
March 11, 2001, through June 24, 2001 The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
August 5, 2001 through January 5, 2002 The Toledo Museum of Art,
February 16, 2002 through June 9, 2002 The Brooklyn Museum of Art,
Where I saw it...

September 18 2002 through February 23 2003 The Powerhouse Museum, Sydney

Do you really think it won't tour the US? My bet is they're working out the kinks and we'll get a more refined version of the exhibition. Also consider the ticket sales which can be tracked to negotiate the most equitable cut of the profits...

DoomTown

This looks incredible!!!

Might have to make a special trip back home just to check this one out...perhaps there can be a group of Raveners and Indy-Casters who can get together for this. Now THAT would be an event!

Stoo

The world abounds with treasures, some of which can be found in our own backyard. The exhibition is designed in such a way that the last gallery is dedicated to local archaeology, allowing the host museum to feature some of its prized collections. For its world premiere in Montreal, artefacts from the Archaeology Collection of the City of Montreal will be on display.
This will probably feature a healthy amount of stuff that was dug up when they were building the metro (subway) system in the mid-'60s. (It always makes me laugh when reading Marvel comics #4 where Indy says he was at the dig pre-1936!:p)
Indiana Jones and the Adventure of Archaeology: The Exhibition will launch its world premiere at the Montreal Science Centre from April 28 through September 18, 2011. Tickets are on sale now! For complete schedule and ticket information, visit the Montreal Science Centre Box Office or contact them at (514) 496-4724 or (877) 496-4724 or visit www.indianajonestheexhibition.com. Indiana Jones and the Adventure of Archaeology is the first production of X3 Productions, for more information visit www.x3productions.ca.
So far, the website for the Montreal Science Centre (Centre des sciences de Montréal) http://www.montrealsciencecentre.com/home.html has no info at all and neither does www.indianajonestheexhibition.com apart from the trailer.

Fun facts:
X3 Productions is literally down the street from my condo in Montreal just 3 blocks away AND they're in the building RIGHT NEXT DOOR to A2M (Artificial Mind and Movement) who made the "Staff of Kings" video game!

In a way, Indy was already at the Montreal Science Centre earlier this year. Check out these photos from the Can we get Indy around the globe? thread. Except for the shot with the raccoons, they were all taken in the vincity of the science centre at the Old Port. The picture of Indy and the ships is right beside it!

---
If anyone is planning on going to Montreal to see the exhibit, let's co-ordinate because I'll be back in the summer for a couple of weeks and it's also the best time to visit the city. There's always a lot going on in June & July (Jazz Festival, Comedy Festival, etc.) and the night-life is great. We can party at my place and then hit the town which is within walking distance of many hot-spots.:D Stoked!

Stoo said:
If anyone is planning on going to Montreal to see the exhibit, let's co-ordinate because I'll be back in the summer for a couple of weeks and it's also the best time to visit the city.
We'll talk! :hat:

Dr.Sartorius

Do you really think it won't tour the US? My bet is they're working out the kinks and we'll get a more refined version of the exhibition. Also consider the ticket sales which can be tracked to negotiate the most equitable cut of the profits...

I have no idea if it will. The press release doesn't mention the US at all. Even if it does come to the US it won't be for several years.:sleep:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Dr.Sartorius said:
I have no idea if it will. The press release doesn't mention the US at all. Even if it does come to the US it won't be for several years.:sleep:

Isn't the only thing that's apparent that it will be in Montreal through September of 2011? That's less than a year away.

Dr.Sartorius

Attila the Professor said:
Isn't the only thing that's apparent that it will be in Montreal through September of 2011? That's less than a year away.

This is from the official press release:

This first-of-its kind touring exhibition will be presented in twelve world-class institutions in Canada, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region. The world premiere run will be held at the Montreal Science Centre, starting April 28, 2011.

So it looks like it will be travelling to Europe and then the Asian Pacific Region later on.

Dr.Sartorius said:
Yeah, you're right. The announcement of an Official Indiana Jones event is much more tiresome then complaining about Ford and Jay Leno talking cars...and The Mod Squad.:rolleyes:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Hmm, good point. Well, it'll be interesting to see how it shakes out. It would be somewhat surprising to see Lucasfilm and the Penn Museum being so active in an exhibit that doesn't hit the states at any point.

Stoo

Rocket Surgeon said:
Yeah, you're right. The announcement of an Official Indiana Jones event is much more tiresome then complaining about Ford and Jay Leno talking cars...and The Mod Squad.:rolleyes:
What?:confused: Hate to take things off-topic but where can one find Harrison Ford talking about "The Mod Squad"? That was a good show and the music was top-notch!(y)
...twelve world-class institutions in Canada, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region
Twelve. I wonder what the other 11 are?:confused:

Looks like the exhibit will have the Chachapoyan idol, the Cross of Coronado, Nurhachi's urn, Mola Ram's head gear, the Grail, the Ark, the Crystal Skull and Orellana's mask, etc.!

Stoo said:
What?:confused: Hate to take things off-topic but where can one find Harrison Ford talking about "The Mod Squad"? That was a good show and the music was top-notch!(y)

One of Jay Leno's staff swears Ford was in an episode of The Mod Squad as a cop. Just like The Great Escape, he wasn't. Though the pic over on the General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities is another actor.
Dr.Sartorius said:
It would have been nice if they even mentioned Cowboys and Aliens. But no they had to talk about Jay's cars and a Mod Squad appearance that never happened.

indyclone25

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oFaZj_keCYo?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oFaZj_keCYo?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Dr.Sartorius

Rocket Surgeon said:

Huh? I'm just expressing my personal disappointment that I won't be going to this show in the foreseeable future. I'm happy for the people who are able to go to it.

I'm not sure why you are bringing up something I said in another thread.

Stoo

indyartist said:
is there a site on the National Geographic museum exhibition of Indy stuff?
Hi, Bill.:hat: Unfortunately, it appears that the exhibit will not be in Chicago (nor touring in the U.S. at all :() so this thread is pretty much a dead-end.:dead: For more info & details, check this one out: Indiana Jones and the Adventure of Archaeology: The Exhibition

P.S. I like Chicago because it's a great city with lots of character but you Chicago fans should make your way to Montreal for the premiere! It might be the only chance you get and it's not that hard to do. Only a 14-hour drive...Believe me, I've done it...:)