Alison Doody VAVAVOOM!

emtiem

She does appear to have the Hollywood Face nowadays; you'd think they'd be able to give those women different ones...

Attila the Professor

Staff member
emtiem said:
She does appear to have the Hollywood Face nowadays; you'd think they'd be able to give those women different ones...

Yeah, she looks almost nothing like she used to. Then, I suppose, neither does Kate Capshaw. I'll give Karen Allen props for keeping her face, at the very least.

Team Indy

I didn't know that on Irish talk shows, the host hugs and kisses the guests. They sounded like Americans with slight Irish accents.

"And this is how we say hello in Ireland, Ms. Doody."

ElsaFan said:
And the discussion, yet again, turns to plastic surgery. Yawn.

Don't underestimate the effects of childbirth too! It took her "features" for a ride. She's still attractive, but homogenized.

She has a certain air about her that's unappealing, as though she's royalty or something.

Jeremiah Jones said:
Yup, Ryan Tubridy one of our 5 'stars'. Irish accents aren't as strong as one'd think

Well, if you're not from Swinford or New Ross maybe...

Toht Luck

My wife and I just watched the 1st clip with the sound off (napping kids). Without hearing the host use their names honest to God I can't tell which one is Alison.:confused:

ElsaFan

You guys should stop this cynicism. Yes she's had recourse to surgery (who hasn't in the showbizz industry?), but she really hasn't changed that much. When I look at her I still see Elsa. She's stunning, and she's a good lady with values in the right place.

Toht Luck: Come on! Amy Huberman is 20ish and Victoria Smurfit looks nothing like Alison Doody.

Robyn

Rocket Surgeon said:
Don't underestimate the effects of childbirth too! It took her "features" for a ride. She's still attractive, but homogenized.

She has a certain air about her that's unappealing, as though she's royalty or something.

I agree, she definitely has some sort of royal attitude.. And it did took me a few minutes to figure out which one was her, she blended right in with the other two blondes, she probably would look a lot better if she hadn't been stretched and pulled, the only thing recognizable on her is her teeth when she smiles.

ElsaFan said:
Yes she's had recourse to surgery (who hasn't in the showbizz industry?),

There are some in showbiz who haven't been stretched and pulled, and the ones who haven't and still look recognizable usually look much better than the ones who have..

Last edited:

Team Indy

Elsafan said:
So no one has anything positive to say about her?

Yes, this is Saturday, and everyone is still recovering from the workweek.

The video was pretty dull, actually. They weren't discussing anything interesting or entertaining. It was a typical talk show.

deckard24

emtiem said:
Maybe her and Sean Patrick Flanery got work done by the same doc?

ElsaFan

I thought it was both funny and interesting when Alison explained that "misquote" situation about what it's like to kiss Harrison Ford!!

ElsaFan said:
I thought it was both funny and interesting when Alison explained that "misquote" situation about what it's like to kiss Harrison Ford!!
Yeah...its a cute little story, it can can be found here at the Raider.net and was a trivia question on the Indy-Cast earlier this year...thanks for the link.

ElsaFan

Sarcasm will kill you. I know this anecdote has been around a long time. I just thought it was interesting to hear it from the horse's mouth, Jesus.

indyartist

she looks good but different now of course. her upper lip is much fuller and the tip of the nose was toned down some. Not negative, just an observation.

ElsaFan said:
Sarcasm will kill you. I know this anecdote has been around a long time. I just thought it was interesting to hear it from the horse's mouth, Jesus.
Persecution complex much? Get a grip, just gave my experience with the anecdote and a thanks...wow.

Yes, sarcasm kills.