Alison Doody VAVAVOOM!

emtiem

ElsaFan said:
And the discussion, yet again, turns to plastic surgery. Yawn.

Apologies: I haven't been on long enough to see a previous thread about her- I didn't know they always go this way. It really is the most striking and slightly disappointing thing when you see her nowadays.

WilliamBoyd8

I had trouble figuring out which lady was Alison, too.

All three women look alike, probably by design.

**** Spoiler ****
She's the one on the left.

ElsaFan

You all talk as if surgery completely and utterly destroyed her face, leaving her scarred and monstrous. The thing is, it's not true. She's only had minor surgery, and you people very easily forget that she was only 21 years old when she shot Indiana Jones. More than 20 years have passed and she's now 43. Cut her some slack. She's looking fabulous.

Lance Quazar

ElsaFan said:
You all talk as if surgery completely and utterly destroyed her face, leaving her scarred and monstrous. The thing is, it's not true. She's only had minor surgery, and you people very easily forget that she was only 21 years old when she shot Indiana Jones. More than 20 years have passed and she's now 43. Cut her some slack. She's looking fabulous.

The surgery doesn't look minor at all. She'd look much better as a naturally-aged 43 year old woman.

All I can see when I look at those images are how dreadfully fake and pinched her nose looks. It's just not flattering or attractive.

Too bad.

ElsaFan said:
Apologies for having wrongly interpreted your words, then!
No sweat...I think she's totally hot except the indents over her cheeks and under her eyes when she tries to make a natural expression.

(sorry,couldn't help myself!)

emtiem

ElsaFan said:
You all talk as if surgery completely and utterly destroyed her face, leaving her scarred and monstrous.

It's destroyed her natural looks. If I were casting for a glamorous woman in her 40's I wouldn't cast her because she looks unreal.

DocWhiskey

Just stumbled across this thread, and Alison doesn't look bad. She's still very attractive. But whatever she had done didn't necessarily leave her looking like the natural Alison anymore. She kind of reminds me of a next generation female video game character: Attractive, yet a little off, a bit too shiny, and impossible for me to have sex with.

DocWhiskey said:
Alison doesn't look bad. She's still very attractive. But whatever she had done...
...and impossible for me to have sex with.

Doc, WHAT kind of surgery DID she have?
(she didn't have Jethro Tull keyboardist surgery did she?)

DocWhiskey

Rocket Surgeon said:
Doc, WHAT kind of surgery DID she have?
(she didn't have Jethro Tull keyboardist surgery did she?)

It's a joke, you can't have sex with a video game character because they're fiction, and I can't have sex with Alison Doody because she's Alison Doody and I'm me.

Robyn

ElsaFan said:

Nobody said she wasn't attractive still, but she doesn't look like herself anymore and it sorta takes a lot of the charm of ones "original" looks away when it's so painfully obvious that they've had plastic surgery on their face. She may have been 21 in Last Crusade but I always thought she looked older than that, 43 is awfully young to need plastic surgery on your face, it makes me think she must not age very well. But I still say Doody would have looked better if she'd skipped the face surgery... Karen Allen was 29 when she got the part for Raiders, if Karen had been 21 she probably would have looked like a teenager.

Here's Karen still older than 21..

17446114.jpg

ElsaFan said:
Alison at the Indiana Jones premiere in 1989:

16152216.jpg

Alison at the Late Late Show in 2009:

2009-09-victoria-smurfit--amy-huber.jpg

Her teeth were done, (shame really, I kind of liked her snaggle tooth thing)and her eyes.

Sorry man, while she's not unattractive, she's no where near as pretty as she was.
Great shots though. It really is hard to say...

StoneTriple

Attila the Professor said:
Yeah, she looks almost nothing like she used to.

I agree. She has that generic, manufactured look that so many actresses have now. Her nose work looks uneven.

AD2.jpg

ElsaFan

You people are underestimating the ravages of age. Look up a picture of your mom when she was just 21, and have a good look at her now.