Dr. Gonzo said:
tumblr_mcrrxdJGTG1qgbw3do1_1280.jpg

1faa8888b635d51cf228d447dc18734c-princess-leia-is-now-a-disney-princess.jpg

Step it up, Gonzo
star-wars-meme-1.jpg

Sakis

TR.N Staff Member
I.M.J. said:
This from the 45 year old guy who spends his days and nights posting on the Indiana Jones forums, inventing stabby comebacks for things that have nothing to do with him, and spends the rest of his time on You Tube chopping up videos of old men playing his favorite action hero.

Seriously, get off your high horse bud. I responded to Sakis commentary in the nature that he responded to my thoughts that the Lucas film purchase is no big deal.

Everyone, meet Stoo and Sakis - hopefully not a keen example of the cross section of Indy fans that are otherwise respectable people.

Listen my friend, this is a forum for people interested in the Indiana Jones films. (Like you I suppose, otherwise you haven't answered to my question, what are you doing over here?) People from many different backgrounds, cultures and places but with one thing in common. We don't have to agree on everthing. It would be boring and we wouldn't have anything to say to each other. This is called communication and I'm fine with it as long as it is happening in a civilized manner. But what you do right here is far beyond that. Because you can't accept other opinions and make a decent argument you are turning this into a quarrel by making personal insults. I'm sorry all this is happening in a text form because if we were face to face you would be able to notice that my tone is quite friendly and non-aggresive. So, do yourself a favor and make your points in an orderly fashion.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
The only thing missing from this announcement is reassurance that the new trilogy is inspired and founded in classic myth. Hopefully there's a webisode in the can of Lucas with his cowl and quill cloistered in the Skywalker Ranch library, referencing the books of old. I think that would hold fans into 2013.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kUn3nohOtVQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Note at 2:00 that his bookshelf contains Edgar Rice Burroughs, from which Lucas borrowed heavily for Star Wars. I wonder if the failure of the proposed John Carter of Mars trilogy was a factor here. Disney lost hundreds of millions there, but I still think they got Lucasfilm for a song.

Dr. Gonzo

Moedred said:
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kUn3nohOtVQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kinda strange that this video was filmed 18 years ago today.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
I.M.J. said:
Everyone, meet Stoo and Sakis - hopefully not a keen example of the cross section of Indy fans that are otherwise respectable people.

Ooooooooooooh! Montana, MONTANA, Get the POPCORN!!:p

brianblessed_flashgordon_vultan-744444.jpg

Dr. Gonzo

Pale Horse said:
163.jpg

I guess we're all Scottish Royalty now.

I guess I am Mickey Mouse.
Well if I am, I better start claiming dibs on my favorite characters...
rrrr... wait. Damn.

9274_10151304891514365_130600347_n.jpg

Goonie

Pale Horse said:
I guess we're all Scottish Royalty now.

Don't forget that Red Skull quote in Captain America...
"And de fuhrer digs for trinkets in ze desert,"
Hinting last year already about this deal?

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Goonie said:
Don't forget that Red Skull quote in Captain America...
"And de fuhrer digs for trinkets in ze desert,"
Hinting last year already about this deal?

Just an indication that some of them have ample interest in the <I>second</I> franchise too, perhaps especially one guy who's worked on both of them.

Been wondering where the money's going? Well...

George Lucas Will Spend $4 Billion on Funding Education
STUBBY THE ROCKET

The Hollywood Reporter recently asked George Lucas what his next steps will be, following the 4.05 billion sale of Lucasfilm, ILM, and effectively the Star Wars juggernaut, to Disney. The bulk of the money from the sale will go to a foundation that will focus on educational issues, following a philanthropic course most visibly set in recent years by Bill and Melinda Gates, among others.

Lucas is no stranger to philanthropic efforts, having formed The George Lucas Educational Foundation, dedicated to creating more integrated processes for getting children the information they need to learn, better coordination of teachers, administration, and state and governmental educational requirements. It is not currently known whether Lucas will direct the majority of the funding to this existing foundation, or whether he will branch out into funding additional efforts, as he did with his 2006 donation of $175 million to USC.

Reps from Lucasfilm noted that this continues Lucas?s ?Giving Pledge,? made in 2010, where he stated, ?I am dedicating the majority of my wealth to improving education. It is the key to the survival of the human race. We have to plan for our collective future?and the first step begins with social, emotional, and intellectual tools we provide to our children. As humans, our greatest tool for survival is our ability to think and to adapt?as educators, storytellers, and communicators our responsibility is to continue to do so.?