"Dinoland U.S.A"

indy148

I was just at Disneyworld, and yesterday I decided to go on "Dinoland U.S.A" in The Animal Kingdom. This ride has the same exact layout as the Indiana Jones Adventure!! Same transport (decorated differently) same three doors (time portals) sam hall (replacing Mara, a huge time vortex thingy) the same boulder room with a t-rex... AHH! I locved it. Any indiana jones adventure fan should go on this!!

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
This ride was originally going to be Indy, but they changed it to something different in order for Disneyland, CA to have a different ride.

indy148

Yeah, but in Tokyo, they have "Indiana Jones & the Temple of the Crystal Skull..." and that has the same layout too. I think that if they had just kept it as Indiana Jones, the park probably would have been more popular. In Disney's MGM sudios, the Epic Stunt Spectacular and The Tower of terror are the two main attractions, and a lot of people go on those....

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Well, it wouldn't make sense to have the Indy ride at Animal Kingdom - after all, the theming would be all wrong.

And I understand that the "Crystal Skull," is slightly different...clearly, the design would have to be changed from "Indian" to "Mayan," and I understand the rat effect, which never was that good, has been replaced with a fireball effect.

indy148

Actaully, it would make sense. Maybe, as decoration, it could be surrounded by the "Temple of the Monkeys!!"