MySpace and Facebook

ElodieJones said:
Why do people says that Facebox is better than Myspace :confused:

Frankly I don't like either. But they allow me to keep in touch with some people with whom I otherwise have difficulty staying connected. Facebook though I mainly use for my college pals and other really close friends. That's where I just keep my more personal stuff so I only let closer acquaintances in. Facebook started at Harvard (I believe... I know it was one of the Ivy League schools) so I associate this stigma with it; it's a more formal friend networking application, or so I feel. Myspace has always seemed junkier to me. It's the Weekly World News of online networking services. All that blatant advertising and the sexing-up of profiles through fancy graphics in my mind lessens the service somewhat. I know that's a purely superficial analysis, but it's how I've always personally seen the two. Nothing against anyone who uses them; hell, I use them enough myself.:)

Though of all things, I'm actually addicted to Flixster! Sure, it's a haven for prepubescent girls to declare their love for High School Musical and Hillary Duff... but there is a small underground of serious film fans there and I've found some wonderful people who have great suggestions to give and with whom I now speak regularly. By far Flixster has become my favorite social networking site!

"Why do people says that Facebox is better than Myspace"
Because Myspace is full of adds and spammers and scammers and some of the ugliest pages the internet has ever seen

HovitosKing

I'm on all three--myspace, facebox, and flixster. personally, i don't think any of them are any better than the others, and none are all that great. BUT, they do keep you in touch with your friends when you're far from home.

HovitosKing

HovitosKing said:
I'm on all three--myspace, facebox, and flixster. personally, i don't think any of them are any better than the others, and none are all that great. BUT, they do keep you in touch with your friends when you're far from home.

I forgot to post my page: http://www.myspace.com/mstatebulldog

like sarah, i get lots of messages from weirdos, so let me know you're a ravener

Jooones!

ElodieJones said:
Aww youre so cute...Elodie.
yeah got one too but WARNING: I dont take that myspace stuff too seriously and will delete most of my "friends" after a short time again..so you have been warned: "ships that pass in the night" etc...so if you're offended by being relentlessly deleted dont befriend me...;) (but who knows? I might yet keep you..)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=140544261

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Ok everyone's who's messaged me has been approved (not surprising). Just figured I'd say it here than message all of you personally.

Decided I'd post my Flixster here too...

http://www.flixster.com/user/theresidentalien

I'm tellin' ya right off though, if you request me, I won't accept you--except perhaps on the extremely off-chance that your tastes intrigue me enough.... but chances are I won't even bother looking at your profile before clicking 'reject.' Flixster's my personal playground. Feel free to read my reviews though... ...if for some strange reason you'd actually want to. :cool:

Who's in my space?

Herr Gruber is not on YOUR space, for one. You have your space and I have my space. We all have our own little spaces. It is important not to cross other peoples boundaries and enter spaces that are not yours. We have a right to our own spaces.
That is Herr Gruber's philosophy.

:eek: