Tom Selleck would have been a better Indy

I know Harrison Ford was a great Indy, but I believe that had Tom Selleck not been tied to Magnum PI he would have been a better Indy. As many already know Tom was first choice for the role but had to pull out. If he could have done it, I think he would have been better and bought more to the role. I know everybody loves Harrison, and so do I, but watch films like Quigley Down Under and imagine Selleck as Indy and you have the ultimate Mr Jones.

Selleck was also a lot better looking, but that's besides the point.

theinfiniteweird

Not this again. OK, ok, sorry if that was rude. This is one of those topics that's brought around a couple times a year and all.

Technically, as you would agree I'm guessing, we'll never be able to know- we'd have to get a first impression from both, and since you've already scene Harrison do it one way, that would creep into your judgement if you saw Selleck do it. So realistically, we'll never know.

But as far as personal opinions, I saw got a chance to watch the bonus footage (Yay!), and when they showed Selleck delivering some of the lines, it didn't seem like it was working. Of course, that was the audition and all, but that's all I have to go by really. It just seemed really bad. I think Harrison pretty much blows anyone out of the water.

again,

NO COMMENT

PLz there is nothing to argue here, i dont think an argument where we speak about things that could have been but werent could be useful

intergamer

Colonel Vogel:

You Are Being Flamed Because

[ ] You posted a Religious Thread
[ ] You posted a accusation with no proof
[ ] You posted a thread containing 1337 talk
[ ] You posted a me > u thread
[x] you posted a worthless offensive thread
[ ] You continued a long, stupid thread
[ ] You committed crimes against pork biproducts
[ ] You posted a "YOU ALL SUCK" message
[ ] You haven't read the FAQ
[ ] You don't know which forum to post in
[ ] You just plain suck
[x] You posted false information
[ ] You posted something totally uninteresting
[ ] You doubleposted
[ ] YOU POSTED A MESSAGE ALL WRITTEN IN CAPS
[ ] You posted racist crap
[x] I don't like your tone of voice
[ ] You are not civilized enough to post in these forums
[ ] Yuo mispeled evry sengle wurd.
[ ] Your parents are related
[ ] You and your wife are related
[ ] You dated my sister
[ ] You dated my brother
[x] You made love to my dog

In Punishment, You Must:

[x] Give up your AOL Internet account
[ ] STFU & GTFO
[ ] Jump into a bathtub while holding your monitor
[ ] Actually post something relevant
[ ] Read the f****** FAQ
[ ] Call Bush and inform him he sucks
[x] Go to your room with no supper
[x] Apologize to everybody on this forum
[ ] Go stand in the middle of a Highway
[ ] Recite the Greek alphabet backwards
[ ] Take a bath in bleach
[ ] Drink out of a spitoon
[ ] Eat my a**
[ ] Grind a rail on your sack
[ ] All of the above

In Closing, I'd Like to Say:

[x] 1 R 1337
[ ] Pwned
[ ] GG no re
[ ] Blow me
[x] Get a life
[ ] Me > u
[ ] Never post again
[x] I pity your dog
[ ] Go to hell
[ ] Your IQ must be 7
[ ] Take your s*** somewhere else
[ ] STFU & GTFO
[ ] Learn to post or f*** off
[ ] Go jump into some industrial equipment
[ ] STFU botter
[ ] All of the above

Webley

Colonel Vogel I hope you are not getting the impreshion that all Raven members are ass holes.

ElodieJones

NO !!!

Indiana Jones is only HARRISON FORD !!!
Tom Sellck would be good, but NOT BETTER !!!

Steven Spielberg say somewhere that if it was Tom Selleck, the movie would be more funny. Harrison Ford give to the part more humanity !

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
intergamer said:
[x] Give up your AOL Internet account

[OT] Now, that's harder then you think. I've been stuck with it for years cause i'm sharing the subsciption [modem] with parents ant sister. util i get my own subsciption there's no way out (cause my dad has his business email on AOL) [/OT]

intergamer said:
[x] You made love to my dog

So tell us, how did that happen? :p

(btw i'm not taking Vogels defense if that's what it looks like)

theinfiniteweird

I guess I missed something. Is Colonel_Vogel a troll or something? Did he/she do something/keeps doing something so horrible that no one can forgive him/her or at least try?

I saw nothing wrong with the thread, or another thread I replied to him/her on, but some other people seem very against him/her. I'm just confused, but I guess there's a reason.

To me, stuff like this is uncool no matter what-period-, but I'm one in a million.

intergamer

Vogel's probably a Chattar zombie. But don't ban him and maybe he'll get bored. Whenever chat makes a new zombie he likes to send me dirty PMs from it :p

the best indy would be...........

i think clint eastwood would make a fine indy ,he would give up on that wus assed webley 38 cal and instead he would cary a 44 mag.and he might use lines like "gee you spin that big sword realy good huh? . "BOOM!!!

no he wouldnt be a good indy, just imagine the end scene in the last crusade, donovan shoots Henry and Indy says how many shots have i made? 6, 7? u feel lucky today? :D

Webley

I think Eastwood and Selleck could have pulled of the fedora wearing hero but I cant realy see these two in the tweed suit teaching a college class.

San Holo

What if Harrison were cast as the short-shorts wearing,Hawiian shirt clad Magnum P.I.....Things worked out as they should have.

San Holo

Luisiana Jones said:
what could make you think HF would show up to a cast wearing short shorts and a hawaian shirt? :confused:
Indy wears a fedora,Magnum wears hawiian shirts.If HF were to star in Magnum P.I., he would dress accordingly.

dapthx

San Holo said:
Indy wears a fedora,Magnum wears hawiian shirts.If HF were to star in Magnum P.I., he would dress accordingly.

Then maybe the title may have changed to Hawaii Jones...err...ok...this thread is getting confusing now...LOL