Tom Selleck would have been a better Indy

dapthx

ElodieJones said:
NO !!!

Indiana Jones is only HARRISON FORD !!!
Tom Sellck would be good, but NOT BETTER !!!

Steven Spielberg say somewhere that if it was Tom Selleck, the movie would be more funny. Harrison Ford give to the part more humanity !

Also..only Harrison can come up with those facial expression unlike any other actor I have seen in that kind of film:)

otto rahn

A "better" Indy ? Hard to say. But if Harrison Ford were to suddenly retire from being Indiana Jones , and they wanted to make another movie in the series and cast Tom Selleck, I think that we'd get used to it after a while in much the same way that James Bond fans got used to Roger Moore, Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig all playing their favorite spy after Sean Connery retired from the role.

Indiana Jones and the temple of moustaches.

Selleck would have made an excruciating Indy. He's too vain and his performances come across as ' Look at me, aren't I gorgeous? Do you like my moustache?' I think we have to all thank the Lord for that contract that he was unable to escape. Those audition scenes for Indy were awful. Although, I admit he does a good arched eyebrow. Must have learned the Stanislavsky/ Burt Reynolds method.

Major West

It worked out great. Only Selleck could be Magnum and I wouldn't change that for the world, speaking as a Magnum fan. Whilst Ford was born to play Indy and I wouldn't change that either.

metalinvader

larry_manetti_tom_selleck.jpg

Well,Here is Selleck in full Indy gear from that Magnum PI episode....

Eh,I'll take Ford anyday.

IndyFan89

I would like to add that Tom Sellek is a deadbeat and i hate his acting. I'm also ofended by the very thought of you dissing HF. :mad:

I'm a [jerk]! (y)

[mod]Please read the code of conduct.[/mod]

Last edited by a moderator: