Indiana Jones References on TV

HUDAK

just saw a "Malcom in the Middle" rerun where the father was running out of work and the Raiders March started playing , as he ran he bumped a table and pencils fell onto a fan - throwing the pencils at him like darts, then he bumped a container of beach balls - and one rolled toward him as he ran, finally the security gate that is at the entrences of stores in malls and such is closing - and as the father slides through he drops his keys , which he then snatches quickly as the gate closes (like indies fedora)

wondering if anyone else remembers any other Indy Reference on tv if theres another thread like this i havent found it and nuke this one :p

Indy Parise

Simpsons: Bart switches bag for Homer's penny jar and homer rolls down the stairs like the boulder after him.

Family Guy: Peter is in a bar when a giant chicken pops up from nowhere and starts fighting him and backdrop changes to Raiders plane scene

IndyBuff

There's also another scene from Family Guy where Peter is looking for something in his attic and he holds up a staff and sunlight shines through the top of it and lands on a certain box, just like in Raiders. :)

roundshort

I am also pretty sure there were refrences when Stewart and Brian are going to Europe, they end up In Egypt, and have a "fight" not to different than the basket scene in RotLA

San Holo

When I was a kid, I used to watch Chip & Dale- Rescue Rangers. The "adventurous" chipmunk wore an Indy fedora and brown leather jacket.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
San Holo said:
When I was a kid, I used to watch Chip & Dale- Rescue Rangers. The "adventurous" chipmunk wore an Indy fedora and brown leather jacket.

Tic.gif

Stoo

Not really TV, but related. In the Brady Bunch movie, "A Very Brady Sequel",
the beginning features two Indy-type treasure hunters in Thailand.
The Paramount logo fades into a jungle mountain just like "Raiders".

Lon

ANOTHER Family Guy episode (the one where they go on The Diane Show) has Peter saying to Meg, ''now I won't give you the antidote....'', when she asks what for he replies ''for the poison you just drank'', making reference to the start of the movie 'Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom'.

Also in an episode of MacGyver where he's asked to go find the Holy Grail he says "Indiana Jones already found it. I saw the movie."

VP

Moderator Emeritus
BTW Finn, Tikun ja Takun pelastuspartio comes every saturday morning at 9:30 AM on MTV3.

IndyBuff

There was also an episode of The Venture Bros. where one of them was dressed like Indy and they were going after a golden idol like in Raiders. I don't normally watch that show but I was flipping through the channels and the Indy theme caught my interest. :whip:

Finn

Staff member
VP said:
BTW Finn, Tikun ja Takun pelastuspartio comes every saturday morning at 9:30 AM on MTV3.
A little cartoon squirrel wearing a fedora plus leather, squinting away bizarre lines in Finnish... man, and I thought I was tripping.

roundshort

New Family Gou

The new Family Guy DVD, has Seth doing one of his finest Indy references ever!
Stewie is saying how he the year he spent in Korea was the worst ever, and there is a flash back to Stewie as Shortround, Indy, and Willie in the room under the Temple as he sets off the trap and the roof closes and spikes come in. As Willie screams Stewie (Shorty) says, something like "Shut up woman, your only here because your humping the director!"

A few other great Indy references and some cool Star Wars ones as well. The best is a Ferris Bueller Day off rip off!

God, Love family guy!

Stoo

True, but the title, "UHF", refers to television so it's sort of fitting.
Thanks for posting that link, Indy Parise! I never bothered checking
that movie out but definitely will now.

IAdventurer01

Yet another Family Guy reference.

During an infamous "Chicken fight" the final fight erupts under a familiar looking propeller plane from Raiders. Of course, Peter is on the ground and cringes as the chicken gets his.