wit. Some briefs shots of the *new version* showed the opening temple
sequence of Indy facing the idol, swinging over the pit while pursued by
Ewoks...some very funny stuff.

There was even a fake commercial for the digitally re-enhanced 1st
season of "South Park" complete with CGI. Man, did this ever make
me laugh. Parker & Stone really went for it on this one!:whip:

I think the episode was from 2002 so it might have been done during
the hype for the DVD releases. This was a good one, so try and see it
anyway, anyhow or anywhere you can (or choose).

VP

Moderator Emeritus
I have seen that one. It's episode #609, Free Hat.

In the episode #135 of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy they had an Indyfan who was a gearhead. The episode will be aired tomorrow in Finland.

I just saw an episode of "Mythbusters" today. They tackled the myth of jumping out of a plane in a raft to save yourself, even going so far as to use footage from Temple of Doom. They used one of the crappy modern rafts that are round, with the skinny floors and inflated outsides (I was like "Yeah, that's really gonna cushion the fall!" :rolleyes: ). It didn't work. Then they used an escape ladder, which, interestingly enough, actually looked more like the raft from the movie, and it did work. The myth was busted though, because they were just dropping it pre-inflated with a crash-dummy in it, and with how it was inflated, you wouldn't be able to inflate it properly to do it like in the movie.

IndyBuff

I was watching my Seinfeld DVDs last night and I caught an Indy reference. George buys a fedora at a flea market and wears it on the way home. When Jerry meets him he addresses George as "Indiana.":)

If anyone's curious, the episode is titled "The Parking Space."

IndyBuff

I recently remembered another Indy reference while watching Lupin the 3rd (one of my favorite shows). There's an episode in which Lupin and his gang are trying to return a stolen jewel to an island and once there they discover a path carved into the side of a mountain. Along they way they encounter several traps and one involves the floor falling out from under Lupin's feet. His friends ask if he's alright and find him hanging onto the edge of the pit. He looks down and sees a skeleton impaled on some spikes below and replies, "Well, I'm doing better than Indiana Bones down there." It's quite funny but I'm sure that line wasn't in the original Japanese because this episode was made in 1978, so I'm guessing it was added in during the English dubbing.

The episode is called "The Curse of the Jumbo Juju" and it will actually be on television on Adult Swim (on Cartoon Network, for those that haven't seen it) at 1:30 E/12:30C Tuesday morning. I know that's pretty late for some of you but if you get a chance be sure to check it out. It's a great show and the Indy reference is certainly worth seeing.:)

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I don't suppose anyone has heard of the UK kids show Basil Brush? My little brother watches it (that should give you a clue as to how old I am:p )and there is an episode called "Revenge of the Mummy". It has Basil Brush (who is a fox puppet) dressed as Indiana Jones bullwhip and all in the tomb of King Tutten-Beck. He dodges a out of control rolling stone (two actually: a dude dressed as Mick Jagger and a undersized boulder). The human co-star gets hit by darts in the butt. They are also attacked by the Salvation Army marching band. All to soundtracks of all three films. Also one of the kids on the show called David (who is obsessed with money) is dressed up as Toht.

roundshort

Indy said:
I recently remembered another Indy reference while watching Lupin the 3rd (one of my favorite shows). There's an episode in which Lupin and his gang are trying to return a stolen jewel to an island and once there they discover a path carved into the side of a mountain. Along they way they encounter several traps and one involves the floor falling out from under Lupin's feet. His friends ask if he's alright and find him hanging onto the edge of the pit. He looks down and sees a skeleton impaled on some spikes below and replies, "Well, I'm doing better than Indiana Bones down there." It's quite funny but I'm sure that line wasn't in the original Japanese because this episode was made in 1978, so I'm guessing it was added in during the English dubbing.

The episode is called "The Curse of the Jumbo Juju" and it will actually be on television on Adult Swim (on Cartoon Network, for those that haven't seen it) at 1:30 E/12:30C Tuesday morning. I know that's pretty late for some of you but if you get a chance be sure to check it out. It's a great show and the Indy reference is certainly worth seeing.:)

I am so behind the times of what is actaully on network T.V. is Cheers still on?

Indy Parise

Another one from a movie. In The Hebrew Hammer, Santa's son brings in a bunch of tywanese kids and one says " Okey Dokey Dr. Jones" to him.

Canyon

Violet Indy said:
I don't suppose anyone has heard of the UK kids show Basil Brush? My little brother watches it (that should give you a clue as to how old I am:p )and there is an episode called "Revenge of the Mummy". It has Basil Brush (who is a fox puppet) dressed as Indiana Jones bullwhip and all in the tomb of King Tutten-Beck. He dodges a out of control rolling stone (two actually: a dude dressed as Mick Jagger and a undersized boulder). The human co-star gets hit by darts in the butt. They are also attacked by the Salvation Army marching band. All to soundtracks of all three films. Also one of the kids on the show called David (who is obsessed with money) is dressed up as Toht.

Basil Brush dressed as Indy? Now, thats a worrying thought. :eek:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I know it's been a while for this thread, but I recently stumbled upon some Indy tv references. The other night, I saw a new Simpsons episode, called "The Seemingly Never-ending Story" where Snake (the crim who always says "Dude" and "awesome") before being a jailbird was in fact, an archaeologist and was dressed as Indiana Jones!:whip: He ends up in jail because Moe steals his ancient coins, which Snake was going to give to the museum in the morning.

Another one was on a videotape from a few years ago. You guys would know the Aussie comedian Paul Hogan, right (the guy who is Croc Dundee)? Well, back in the late seventies and early eighties, he had his own tv sketch show and did a sketch called "Wreches of the Lost Park." Paul Hogan was called Gutamuga Hoges (Hoges was his nickname) and had to endure vampire koalas and a kid show icon of Australian tv, Humphery B. Bear.

roundshort

Hey, I just was watching the South Park Season 8 dvd set, (god I miss having cable sometimes), and on the Jefferson epi. Micheal Jackson's son's room has the ark from raiders in it. very strange, but cool.