Temple of the Forbidden Eye

mattzilla2010

On the bright side, you can proudly say that you were one of the last to experience that part of the ride in its original form! ;)

Nurhachi1991

I work and Disney land and was offered to go to the preview for the new changes but I was like nah man i'm tired. haha

I saw the video. Not digging the new voice they might as well of used Paul Rubens

IAdventurer01

I was expecting the new voice to really bad from people's reactions here and elsewhere, but I don't think its terrible. Honestly, the old voice was kinda hokey, but in that perfect Disney-evil way. The new one just seems forgettable. :sleep:

ROB98374

I just got to California today. I will be visiting Disneyland for the next 3 days.
First stop, Temple of the Forbidden Eye.
Second stop, the Indiana Jones shop.
Repeat ;)

ROB98374

The ride was great as usual, but I didn't like the video projection of the rats running across a branch. It was projected on some smoke that you drove through. It just seemed out of place with the rest of the ride.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
ROB98374 said:
The ride was great as usual, but I didn't like the video projection of the rats running across a branch. It was projected on some smoke that you drove through. It just seemed out of place with the rest of the ride.

Yeah, I've never seen it working effectively. I don't recall at the moment whether it was in better shape in the earliest days of the ride, by virtue of some since long-lost effect still working.

Stoo

Fun Facts - Forbidden Eye

Check out this website for an exhaustive wealth of details & conversation about The Forbidden Eye. (Don't know how much of it is correct but felt it was worth mentioning.;)) The page may take a long time to load but fans of the ride should find it interesting.

Fun Facts of Disneyland's Indiana Jones' Temple of the Forbidden Eye
http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/Disneyland/Secrets/Adventure/Indy.html

mattzilla2010

The year that the Indiana Jones ride takes place is in 1935. This is directly off the Cast Member Training Handout from 1995.
REPORTED: Kirsten 19 FEB 02

Aha! I knew it! I was trying to argue this in the chronology thread way back when, but couldn't remember when or where I'd read it.

Fun stuff there Stoo.

Last edited:

TheFedora

Ah this ride, remember when I was younger I would close my eyes during the part all the bugs come out. Now, I'm a bit made of sterner stuff. Also, never really had a use for the 'Indy' hats the shop sells right across from it.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
John Rhys-Davies rides... for the first time ever?

JRD806075-613x570.jpg

micsteam

Does anybody have an audio file of the complete ride from entrance to finish ?? I had a copy of it but now it's on another computer (my old one) and it's a real hassle to set up just to extract a copy of that file. I could have sworn I got my initial copy from here at The Raven. Any help would appreciated, thnx. :hat:

InexorableTash

PM sent.

To bulk up this trivial post with some content, here's my Temple of the Forbidden Eye playlist:

Jungle Cruise Radio News
Entry Queue Music (Filtered)
The Bat Cave (Ambience)
Spike Room
Dr. Dunfor Pullit - 50 Years of Toil
Dr. Dunfor Pullit - Frightfully Valuable Artefact
Dr. Dunfor Pullit - Stop Mucking About
Sallah - Safety Film
Sallah - Seat Straps
Sallah - Start - Wheels
Sallah - Accelerator and Breaks
Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye
Sallah - Exit - Wealth
Exit Queue Ambience
Esplanade - Indiana Jones Theme

Indy89

Anybody have a copy of the "The Making of Disneyland's Indiana Jones Adventure" they are willing to share? I just want to see a high quality version of it and not the crummy YouTube one I saw. :(

I'd be eternally grateful if someone out there would be willing to send me a digital copy!