Temple of the Forbidden Eye

xfkirsten

DrHapgood said:
Maybe you mistook it for the Abner Ravenwood references. :confused:

We have a few of those. There are those telegrams next to Indy's Office, plus I believe there's a crate that says 'Ship to Abner Ravenwood'.

Maybe it was there... I remember it being associated with the "Ship to Abner Ravenwood" crate in my mind... I think maybe I'm just going crazy. (I kinda wish now I HAD gotten a picture of it! :p)

blueoakleyz said:
the ride in disneyland has a certain smell, anyone know what that is?

Is that the same smell you get sometimes when you are in the outdoor part of the Pirates queue? 'Cause that's nasty. (And this is coming from someone who spent a long time cleaning up wild animal poo for a living ;))

DrHapgood

xfkirsten said:
Is that the same smell you get sometimes when you are in the outdoor part of the Pirates queue? 'Cause that's nasty. (And this is coming from someone who spent a long time cleaning up wild animal poo for a living ;))

Nah, the smell outside Pirates is actually the Anaheim Sewer. The line goes right through that area.

IMHO the smell inside the Temple isn't exactly a bad smell; it's simply unusual.

blueoakleyz

Yeah it's weird but not bad and almost likeable at the same time. THe best way I could describe it though, is synthetic

Indy Pendant

Michael24 said:
I think the most I've ridden it during one visit was 6-7 times. But of course, it helps when you stay at Disneyland all day long from opening to closing, and during the off-season when crowds and lines are less. :)

My father had a medical conference in Anaheim in the middle of March, college spring break, that ended on a Wednesday afternoon. I arrived then, and we went to Disneyland at 9 am Thursday and stayed til 3, then we took the shuttle from SNA to SFO at 6. I rode Indy at 9 that day and again at ~2:30. That goes a long way towards explaining the fact that I developed a crush on Harrison Ford the next week...though his having four movies in the theatres that week probably also helped.

However, in August 2001, a friend and I went to Disney WORLD and rode the Rock and Roller Coaster (sic) about six times IN A ROW. And I went to another medical conference with my father in Toronto in 2005 and the conference rented out Canada's Wonderland, so I rode Top Gun NINE times in a row.

Jonesy9906753

i have the luck of living 20 minutes away from disneyland,im actually going tommorow on my last day of school.definitely going on temple of the forbidden eye,no matter how long the line~:whip:

DrHapgood

Bad News: The Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple Of The Forbidden Eye closed earlier today for unknown reasons, and will remain closed until further notice.

I'll keep you guys updated.

Horchata

the ride closes quite frequently. All the vehicles are aligned on the tracks using LIM. (linear industrial magnets)... so if one of them shoots at the wrong time, it shuts all the vehicles down temporaily.

One of the best rides i've ever been on. i LOVE it. Im actually going to disney world in ORLANDO for the first time since i was a child in LESS THAN A MONTH! i'm so excited. I cant wait for the indy action show!:D :D

DrHapgood

Nurhachi1991 said:
It closed? Oh man this was my favorite ride at Disneyland had a lot of great memories on it....

It's not permanent, but it seems like there's a possibility it might be prolonged.

I was supposed to work tonights Grad Nite at the Temple, but in the afternoon I was simply informed we were being given the night off. It wasn't until checking the Cast Member Resources that I found an article stating "Indiana Jones? Adventure will be closed to Guests until further notice."

With the Summer Of Hidden Mysteries in full swing, I expect that bringing the Attraction back into normal operation is their main priority right now.

Goonie

Nurhachi1991 said:
I wonder if there adding any new features? The Ark possibly.............. he I can dream can't I.

Mara's light beam now nukes a fridge and launches it up and over the rope bridge:

MaraNukesTheFridgecopy.jpg

Forbidden Eye

"I'm going to Disneyland!" sometime this August, and this should definitely be running while I'm there. (y)

I think I'll even pick up some Indy merchandise while I'm there.

sarah navarro

IndyFan89 said:
Wasn't there a rumor that the ride would be getting a update?
I heard that too so i was freaking out that i might go at the wrong time when Forbidden Eyes closed lol. I should be going in August too.(y)

Forbidden Eye

Sorry, but I'm sure any rumors to update the ride are false.

They did add a show to promote though, I also heard they added Indy twists to The Jungle Cruise.