TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones 5
User Name
Password

Old 12-14-2007, 12:26 AM   #76
Violet
Moderator Emeritus

Location: The Host City of the 2018 Commonwealth Games, Australia
Yeah, and it always showed the Paramount logo at the end of each episode when it broadcasted. Part of the rights for Indy must lie with Paramount to some degree. Distribution, I would think. So I would think that counts, even if most fans didn't like the series.
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 04:53 PM   #77
Adolf Hitler
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamwankenobi
The re-edited Young Indy episodes have a Paramount logo in the opening, and the DVD boxes have the Paramount logo on them.
This is a curious one as all Paramount TV products are now CBS/Paramount. For instance, the recent release of remastered Star Trek has the CBS logo all over it instead of Paramount, so I would say at a shot that it's Lucasfilm's property and Paramount on ever had/have distribution rights.
Adolf Hitler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 11:58 PM   #78
Adamwankenobi
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adolf Hitler
This is a curious one as all Paramount TV products are now CBS/Paramount. For instance, the recent release of remastered Star Trek has the CBS logo all over it instead of Paramount, so I would say at a shot that it's Lucasfilm's property and Paramount on ever had/have distribution rights.

I think it's the same situation as the Star Wars films and the relations between Lucasfilm/20th Century Fox. Lucasfilm creates and owns the productions, while Paramount distributes them. At the PALEY festival earlier in the year, Lucas mentioned that, at one point, he considered buying the rights to the YIJC series from Paramount so that he could speed up the creation of the DVDs. See link: http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars...s20070309.html
Adamwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 02:09 AM   #79
chemeleon26
IndyFan

I am like most of you in the board.

I believe that the series should end with Indy 4. Going past this will most likely end with disappointment for us long time fans whatever combination of elements they choose to go with.

I'd much prefer an animated series in the style of Clone Wars -Genndy Tartakovsky style than another movie.
chemeleon26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 02:39 PM   #80
ReggieSnake
IndyFan

This is it folks. I mean, It has been confirmed, and I think another sequel would probably just be a dissapointment. Personally I'd like to see IJ go out with a glorious bang, not some slow desintegration at the hands of bad sequels.
ReggieSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 02:59 PM   #81
No Ticket
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemeleon26
I am like most of you in the board.

I believe that the series should end with Indy 4. Going past this will most likely end with disappointment for us long time fans whatever combination of elements they choose to go with.

I'd much prefer an animated series in the style of Clone Wars -Genndy Tartakovsky style than another movie.

I totally agree with the animated series in the style of Gennedy Tartakovsky. I love his art style and I actually prefer 2D animation anyway. I would rather just see a series pitting Indy in adventures in his 30s like the older movies... Raiders era... I think that makes a hell of a lot of sense and I'm surprised it was never done.

The animation could look beautiful too.
No Ticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 12:34 AM   #82
patrickm2009
IndyFan

i hope

i personally hope that there is an indy 5, even though is could be bad, I still think it would be cool for us to have two more adventures with Ford. I think its cool that he can still kick some @$$.
patrickm2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 04:55 PM   #83
TheLastCrusader
IndyFan

Maybe it's not sure yet that Indy 4 will be the last one!

from the interview in Vanity Fair with Steven Spielberg:
Quote:
People have read about Frank Darabont. Is it true you liked his script?
SS: Very much. I very much liked Frankís script.

Was it set in the 40s?
It was set in the 50s.

With latter-day Nazis coming at Indiana Jones?
Yes. And I quite liked Frankís script, but George and I had a disagreement over it, and George and I have always agreed to agree. So when we take each otherís temperatures, if I really am passionate about something, George will give in to me, and if George is really passionate about something, Iíll pretty much go his way. And in this case George was passionate that this was not the story he wanted to tell at this point in the Indiana Jones saga. And I think itís a wonderful script.

Is that leaving room open for another one?
Oh, I donít know. I havenít even thought about that. Iím still in the cutting room. I canít even think beyond the next cut.

He doesn't know, people!!
TheLastCrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 05:04 PM   #84
herr gruber

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastCrusader
Maybe it's not sure yet that Indy 4 will be the last one!

from the interview in Vanity Fair with Steven Spielberg:

He doesn't know, people!!

This is a momentous line from Spielberg. He ain't closed the door completely on Indy...
herr gruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 05:13 PM   #85
fatima
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah navarro
I think if there was a Indy 5 nobody would want to see it,i mean isnt 4 enough i already have enough people being skeptical about this one ,but i guess it all depends on this one.I just dont have the feeling that people will go to see it.

and like everyone else said ...NO HARRISON, NO MOVIE!

You know Sarah, I'm GLAD you think this way, I was expecting you to say, 'oh if it's another Indy movie with Shia just, I would not mind to see it!' no offense, but after all the drooling you do about Shia...I thought that way.
fatima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 05:22 PM   #86
deckard24
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by herr gruber
This is a momentous line from Spielberg. He ain't closed the door completely on Indy...

Let's just hope if it did happen, it would still be a Harrison Ford/Indy film! I can't bear the thought of a 5th Indy film as a vehicle for Shia LaBeouf!

I like him as an actor, but Indy is Ford's territory. If anything, Ford can let LaBeouf tag along!
deckard24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 05:29 PM   #87
herr gruber

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckard24
Let's just hope if it did happen, it would still be a Harrison Ford/Indy film! I can't bear the thought of a 5th Indy film as a vehicle for Shia LaBeouf!

I like him as an actor, but Indy is Ford's territory. If anything, Ford can let LaBeouf tag along!

Not too keen on Shia tagging along, even. Maybe we will be spared him returning - who knows, maybe he will fall down a deep pit in KOTCS. Don't worry about him, Shia fans, he'll have a supply of Bryllcream.
I know I sound unjustifiably nasty toward Shia's character but I feel the character MAY be irritating.
herr gruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 05:30 PM   #88
The Stranger
IndyFan

Quote:

Uhm... maybe Spielberg hasn't closed the door, but... Harrison's age would be the number one issue for a possible Indy 5... unless the Big Three already have a screenplay ready, only waiting to be greenlit.
It could be... who knows? Maybe one of the old scripts they worked on... they could have lied about one or more of them... they said they were rejected, perhaps they were lying. After all, so many screenwriters worked for them, and we know next to nothing about the many screenplays they've written...

In any case, I personally don't think an Indy 5 will really happen...
The Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 05:44 PM   #89
sarah navarro
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatima
You know Sarah, I'm GLAD you think this way, I was expecting you to say, 'oh if it's another Indy movie with Shia just, I would not mind to see it!' no offense, but after all the drooling you do about Shia...I thought that way.
No offense taken
Ive said this before but I liked the Indiana Jones trilogy way before i even knew who Shia was.I was one of those people who have been long awaiting KOTCS ,it wouldnt matter if Shia was in KOTCS or not i would still be here on The Raven freaking about the new Indy movie I would hate to see Shia continue the Indy series.
sarah navarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:36 AM   #90
Major West
IndyFan

Quote:

Never say never. I don't think it should be read into too much.
Major West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:05 AM   #91
Sankara

Yes, "Indy 4" is the last Indy-Movie.
Sankara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 10:00 AM   #92
deckard24
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankara
Yes, "Indy 4" is the last Indy-Movie.

Unfortunately there is nothing to confirm this! I wish it were the last movie myself, but when there's tons of money to be made...you never know!
deckard24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:22 AM   #93
ReggieSnake
IndyFan

Apples and oranges folks, we really have no idea. Personally, I don't think 5 is likely to happen, but I also think it will depend on how 4 is received.
ReggieSnake is offline   Reply With Quote