Favorite Use of The Indy Melody?

TheMutt92

The Raider's March is so iconic and used throughout the series so well. But which use of the Indy melody do you think is the best?

I don't know about best, but my personal favorite is when is Indy is beating up the Thuggee and Short the Maharaja in TOD. Its just played so triumphantly it makes me wanna cheer!

Kooshmeister

When Indy and Henry bust out of the crate on the motorcycle in Last Crusade, prompting Vogel et al to pull a collective "WTF?!" face, with the added bonus of those two totally unprepared guards getting knocked into the river. The music makes the entire scene way more triumphant, funny and enjoyable. :)

Crack that whip

I think mine's when Katanga's crewman spots him in the water, and the whole Bantu Wind crew breaks out in cheers as Indy climbs atop the sub...

Or when the Lao Che Air Freight Trimotor takes to the air...

Or - heck, this is too hard; there are too many...

TheMutt92

Crack that whip said:
I think mine's when Katanga's crewman spots him in the water, and the whole Bantu Wind crew breaks out in cheers as Indy climbs atop the sub...

Or when the Lao Che Air Freight Trimotor takes to the air...

Or - heck, this is too hard; there are too many...

Those two you mentioned are a close second and third for me.

Indy~Annie

i liked the ark music...dont know what its called but love it!! gives me goose bumps!!

and i love the call of the crystal!

but i love all of them.so i really cant choose....

James

Crack that whip said:

I've always been a big fan of that one too. It not only shows Indy's determination, but also that he frequently doesn't really have a plan in mind. :D

LostArk

Raiders
All the Raiders March melodies during the truck chase scene.

Temple
Indy and Short Round hugging after returning each other's hats. The way the melody is used there all slow and epic.

Crusade
When Indy and his father make their escape on the motorcycle. The sound of the crate side hitting the floor is great with the melody.

Kingdom
One of the FBI agents asking if Indy really deserves the medals he won during the war.

michael

raiders
When Indy appears on the submarine.

temple
When the boat opens in mid-air out of the airplane.
When Indy and Short Round are both punching away at their enemies. (Giant Thuggee on the conveyer belt and the Maharaja)
When Indy swings into the mine cart from the rope.

crusade
After Fedora gives young Indy the hat...when it goes to Indy on the boat, and his smile.

Only saw Crystal Skull once...so I really can't pin point a time during the movie.

Cagefighterkip

RAIDERS
when indy swings onto the vine and into the river while being chased by the Hovitos and the plane w/indy and jock takes off

TEMPLE OF DOOM
when indys free of the vooDoo doll spell and beats the crap outta the thugee warrior on the conveyer belt

LAST CRUSADE
when indy is on the boat in the beginning and climbs up, grabs the chain and swings off the boat kicking the henchmen over as the boat explodes in the ocean

CRYSTAL SKULL
when indy is being chased by the russians in the hangar 51, gun fire going off and indy runs along the crates

Professor Jones

All those scenes made great use of the melody, but I love the way it rises up in some map-scene (or plane-travel scenes):

- Raiders: when Jock takes off from Peru;
- Temple: "Goodbye Lao Che!" and flight to India
- KOTCS: Journey to Akator (that's the same cue from Raiders flight from Peru)

StoneTriple

Professor Jones said:
.... (or plane-travel scenes):

- Raiders: when Jock takes off from Peru;
- Temple: "Goodbye Lao Che!" and flight to India
- KOTCS: Journey to Akator (that's the same cue from Raiders flight from Peru)

My feelings exactly. The plane superimposed over the map route with the music playing - I love those moments in the films.

Cagefighterkip

the scene in KOTCS in the jungle chase where Indy goes into the ruskies car and takes over, punches out the bad guys is great (just reWatched it)

loganbush

About every time in Raiders because it is played so triumphantly. But I love the submarine, truck chase, Jock's plane.

Temple:

Indy swinging towards the mine cart.

Crusade:

No, not that Jones, the other one!

Kingdom:

Hangar 51. A great, long cue. I got goosebumps every time.

Cagefighterkip

loganbush said:
About every time in Raiders because it is played so triumphantly. But I love the submarine, truck chase, Jock's plane.

Temple:

Indy swinging towards the mine cart.

oh yeah!
when he uses the rope as a zip-line!! lol that was great!!

Raiders of Clay

In TOD when Indy was escaping from the thugee, on the rope trying to get to Short Round and Willy. Bullets wee flying around him and it looked so badass.(y)

Darth Vile

It would have to be...

A) Indy swinging from the vine in Raiders (the first time the cue was used).
B) The string rendition of the theme when Short Round hands Indy his hat after saving Willie from the molten pit (TOD).
C) Indy's hat blowing back to him when he's sitting on the ground after the tank chase (LC)
D) Indy scaling up the crates with gun shots zipping by (KOTCS)

:D

The_Raiders

TOD: I've always loved the cue when the plane takes off at the begining, and when the raft opens up, I just love the cue that plays when Indy is swinging towords the mine cart.

ROTLA: Of course when Indy swings on the vine

And, well pretty much everything else everyones mentioned. :p