Things the Paramount logo could fade into

Hanselation

creemee

In an Indiana Jones movie playing in the 50th the paramount logo could fade into soft ice cream ;)
7Ms8ToevEZ.jpg

XanaduEli

As soon as I heard about the whole Bermuda triangle thing, I thought that it would show some huge waves In freeze frame and then as soon as the logo fades they start moving.:whip:

Dr. Gonzo

I like the idea of a dissolve to an iceberg adrift in the sea... so much so that I'm already using it.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gmNcQCBzsXM?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gmNcQCBzsXM?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Fifty seconds from an action figure Indiana Jones film I've been doing.

Perhilion

I think it'd be cool if it faded into a mountainous cloud at night, slowly sliding away to reveal a big full moon, as that bit of opening music used in LC and KotCS plays. The camera pans down to a train of camels crossing the desert. Indy's in the lead, but we only see his silhouette from the back until he's revealed later. Sort of like Raiders.

AtomicAnt

I had an idea recently that it'd be nice for the logo to fade into a picture of a mountain on a drink coaster in some classy restaurant, Indy and Marion are on their honeymoon, and soon after someone shows up to interrupt and hijinx ensue.

DoomTown

Some great ideas here! Glad to see this thread was of interest...(y)

How about a stalagmite...and as the Paramount logo fades into the stalagmite it rotates and is actually a stalactite, dripping water,and as we follow the drip onto Indy's fedora,we find him on a dig or adventure of some sort in a lost cave...

To elaborate on my earlier idea about skyscrapers and an urban environment today walking in Chicago I stumbled across the obvious choice I never thought of before. There is a skyscraper in Chicago with a mountain relief on it! It is One Prudential Plaza and it was completed in 1955 so it would fit in with the times of a 1960ish movie setting.

Here are some pics of it:
9691ed13-1d58-48e6-982e-5b5a5737fdb1.jpg

6bd91988-24e9-44f2-8ad8-8c13e81a8576.jpg

15c2a790-b127-4c4c-9b68-82f3ef2483ae.jpg

The first picture shows the building in relation to skyscrapers of today, those other skyscrapers would not be there in an Indy time frame, the other two pictures show you exactly what I am talking about with the mountain.

It would be awesome to film part of the movie in Chicago in addition to having part of it set there. The Indiana Jones saga has two connections to Chicago, within the fictional context Indy went to the University of Chicago (where they could film the college scenes, even if they still pretend its Marshall College as in the others). The real world connection is that Chicago is Harrison Ford's hometown. Chicago has seen alot of great movies filmed here, Harrison Ford filmed the Fugitive here, more recently Batman Begins, the Dark Knight and currently Transformers 3 is being shot here and this would be another great blockbuster to shoot here in part.

Obviously the movie should include lots of globetrotting, more so than KOTCS which was filmed entirely within the US and its setting was strictly the Western Hemisphere.

Here is how envision the opening scene. There would be the paramount logo that fades into the mountain on One Prudential Plaza then the camera drops to show a silouette of a man in a light colored formal suit holding a briefcase and wearing a fedora looking up at the logo (think Indy at the train station in KOTCS but from behind) with hordes of pedestrians walking by like its rush hour in the big city. Somewhere around here the caption will say "Chicago 1962" or thereabouts. The man enters the lobby of the building, removes his hat but we still only see a familiar looking grey haired head from behind. He descends down to the train station level (there is a commuter train station down there) walks around the train platform and a conductor says "South Shore Line to INDIANA, all aboard!", the man boards the train quickly, runs into a lavatory, as the door is closed the train starts moving but not ten seconds later the door opens and Indiana Jones emerges dressed in his usual leather jacket with a whip and the fedora. He hurries and jumps off the moving train to the puzzling look of the conductor. He waits for the train to go by and then opens a manhole cover (the train platforms there are already underground) and descends further down through sewers and freight tunnels (common in old Chicago) and eventually what looks like caves or primitive tunneling. He stumbles across the remains of Fort Dearborn, (the first permanent white settlement in what would become Chicago) but Indy is looking for something older, some native american artifact relating to the pre-history of the city.

That's all I can think of for now, its an idea that maybe needs to be fleshed out a bit more but its a start. Of course this is the pre-adventure and probably not related to the main McGuffin.

Montana Smith

DoomTown said:
How about a stalagmite...and as the Paramount logo fades into the stalagmite it rotates and is actually a stalactite, dripping water,and as we follow the drip onto Indy's fedora,we find him on a dig or adventure of some sort in a lost cave...

That's a really neat idea. I'm reminded of the opening of Once Upon a Time in the West, with the water dripping from the leaking water tower onto Woody Strode's hat. (Eventually he takes his hat off and drinks the water.)

At this point the camera can pan round to show why Indy's been standing still for so long. We finally see what he's staring at...

chicago103 said:
The first picture shows the building in relation to skyscrapers of today, those other skyscrapers would not be there in an Indy time frame, the other two pictures show you exactly what I am talking about with the mountain.

It would be awesome to film part of the movie in Chicago in addition to having part of it set there. The Indiana Jones saga has two connections to Chicago, within the fictional context Indy went to the University of Chicago (where they could film the college scenes, even if they still pretend its Marshall College as in the others). The real world connection is that Chicago is Harrison Ford's hometown. Chicago has seen alot of great movies filmed here, Harrison Ford filmed the Fugitive here, more recently Batman Begins, the Dark Knight and currently Transformers 3 is being shot here and this would be another great blockbuster to shoot here in part.

Obviously the movie should include lots of globetrotting, more so than KOTCS which was filmed entirely within the US and its setting was strictly the Western Hemisphere.

Here is how envision the opening scene. There would be the paramount logo that fades into the mountain on One Prudential Plaza then the camera drops to show a silouette of a man in a light colored formal suit holding a briefcase and wearing a fedora looking up at the logo (think Indy at the train station in KOTCS but from behind) with hordes of pedestrians walking by like its rush hour in the big city. Somewhere around here the caption will say "Chicago 1962" or thereabouts. The man enters the lobby of the building, removes his hat but we still only see a familiar looking grey haired head from behind. He descends down to the train station level (there is a commuter train station down there) walks around the train platform and a conductor says "South Shore Line to INDIANA, all aboard!", the man boards the train quickly, runs into a lavatory, as the door is closed the train starts moving but not ten seconds later the door opens and Indiana Jones emerges dressed in his usual leather jacket with a whip and the fedora. He hurries and jumps off the moving train to the puzzling look of the conductor. He waits for the train to go by and then opens a manhole cover (the train platforms there are already underground) and descends further down through sewers and freight tunnels (common in old Chicago) and eventually what looks like caves or primitive tunneling. He stumbles across the remains of Fort Dearborn, (the first permanent white settlement in what would become Chicago) but Indy is looking for something older, some native american artifact relating to the pre-history of the city.

That's all I can think of for now, its an idea that maybe needs to be fleshed out a bit more but its a start. Of course this is the pre-adventure and probably not related to the main McGuffin.

I like the sound of this. Going underground is always a good move, especailly into the bowells of a city.

jasperjones

I wrote this for a fan-fic Indy 5 script last year.

The famous PARAMOUNT logo dissolves into A SHARK?S FIN, knifing through swelling turquoise waters of the ocean...

EXT. THE BERMUDA TRIANGLE - DAY

The huge fin cuts through the waves with ease as the GREAT WHITE SHARK follows a SLICK of BLOOD that must surely lead to its prey. Mirroring the blood in the sky: a pall of thick black smoke.

Blood and smoke trail from a sinking STEAM-BOAT. The large steamer is caught on the REEF, tantalisingly close to land.

The Shark follows the trail, and as it?s muscular tail propels it ever closer through the blood, oil and debris, we notice other FINS. Sharks. Circling. Hunting. Driven to frenzy by the blood in the water.

Blood that leads to the boat. Blood that streaks up the sloping deck to the WHEEL and the man tied to it. An old FEDORA somehow still clinging to his greying head:

INDIANA JONES. Battered. Beaten. But still not out. Yet. He raises his rugged face, steel eyes glaring out from under the brim of the hat at his tormentors.

A fist slams into that face. Indy?s head snaps back, whiplash style. The owner of the fist, draws it back. Thirty years Jones?s junior, dashing, phenomenal shape and immaculately turned out in hunting gear: BUSTER GORDON. As Indy spits blood, Gordon clenches his fist. Winds up another haymaker.

Indy's brother

There are more than a few really excellent ideas here! However for my tastes, my mind keeps coming back to this one:

Yure said:
I'd love to see it fading to light, like the light coming from the exit of a cavern or a tunnel. Then a familiar silhouette pops in.

I'd like to see Indy spin around in silhouette, kind of like Bond in the gun-barrel bit, but in the frantic Indy way, and shoot his webley twice in a panic :gun: and run through the opening out of the cave! Then of course next we see get to see who is pursuing him!

Forgive the horrible pun, but that would really get Indy 5 started with a bang, and hit the ground rolling!

Montana Smith

Indy's brother said:
Forgive the horrible pun, but that would really get Indy 5 started with a bang, and hit the ground rolling!

And we'd have the issue of will he/won't he fire his gun out of the way right from the get go. :gun: :gun:

StoneTriple

AtomicAnt said:
I had an idea recently that it'd be nice for the logo to fade into a picture of a mountain on a drink coaster in some classy restaurant, Indy and Marion are on their honeymoon.....

I think that's one of the more interesting and original ideas yet. It could set up a nice dialogue-driven opening that eases us into the adventure. Something more grounded and serious. During the conversation they could mention that Mutt's doing well while he's away at college.
;)

Give us a proper and more reality-based Indy & Marion story. Sort of pick up where Raiders left off.

Montana Smith

StoneTriple said:
Give us a proper and more reality-based Indy & Marion story. Sort of pick up where Raiders left off.

Cos I totally believed in the power of the Ark and Area 51! :p

Seriously, though, I know exactly what you mean. The trouble is that no matter how down-to-earth Indy V might be, we'll always know that some very strange things have already happened in Indy's life. And that there are some very strange laws of physics at work.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Yure said:
I'd love to see it fading to light, like the light coming from the exit of a cavern or a tunnel. Then a familiar silhouette pops in.

I like this idea. If it has to start in the field, this is a nice way to treat it, and allows them to throw in yet another reference to <I>The Searchers</I>.

3The+Searchers.jpg