Who the heck is this guy?

XanaduEli

lguerra said:
In the scene rite after indy gets the truck back and runs belloq off the road , he hides the truck in the market .Belloq ,Toht and the nazis are in the car they make one pass around and you can see Toht .When belloq stands to look around in the next scene, every one in the car looks around but to me look like Toht is missing and they placed his Black fedora on the seat with his jacket to make it look like he was there. Everyone in the scene is moving or doing something but the hat stays still . Then when belloq sits and they drive away Toht is visible.

hehe i saw that last night, il try and upload a picture of it later on today :whip:

AnythingGoes

Adventure Girl said:
Wow I gotta hand it to you, I wouldn't found that!:hat: Tipping my hat to you. It's probably a stupid guess but maybe he's a tourist? :rolleyes:
Probably not a tourist...he seems more in the line of crew member...perhaps a camera man?
:whip:

Cole

lol, Wow, great catches. This......this is why I come here.

Hard to believe a crewman would be casually strolling around in front of the camera while shooting.......but then again, I've never been on a movie set so who knows. Maybe he thought he was off-camera and nobody noticed.

Looks like he's holding some sort of folder/clipboard which suggests a crewman.

Matt deMille

A crewman most likely, but a rather foolish one

I spend a good deal of time on movie sets and when it's time to roll the camera, the 1st AD (Assistant Director) shouts out a lockdown of the set. Everyone is supposed to clear the frame. They may as well say "Fire in the hole!" The money that's on the line is serious and all crew know to get the hell out of the way, as if the camera is the Argo's Wave Motion Gun. Also hard to believe that even if nobody noticed on set that the editor wouldn't have said "Mr. Spielberg, we need to use a different take -- there's this guy . . ." Maybe Spielberg, being the way he is, didn't think it was an issue and preferred the performance over blooper.

My conclusion: This *is* a crew member who probably got a good deal of heat (but not termination) from one of the producers.

Stoo

Matt deMille said:
My conclusion: This *is* a crew member...
Of course it is. Anyway, like I mentioned before...there are two of them. ("There is another.") Can anyone else spot crew member #2?:D

XanaduEli

Stoo said:
Of course it is. Anyway, like I mentioned before...there are two of them. ("There is another.") Can anyone else spot crew member #2?:D

is it in the same scene as this one?

Montana Smith

XanaduMel said:
is it in the same scene as this one?

VisibleCrew.jpg

Visible crew/equipment: As soon as Marion gets locked in the cockpit of the Nazi plane, you can see a crew, a blue van, a ladder, and a man with a white sleeveless shirt and a big brimmed hat all in the reflection of the glass.

http://www.moviemistakes.com/film1040?singletype=visiblecrew

Also from the same site:

After Marion supposedly dies in the truck explosion and Indy is drinking outside at the bar, watch to the left of him. You can see a man wearing a modern t-shirt and jeans walking through the crowd.

As soon as Marion gets locked in the cockpit of the Nazi plane, you can see a crew, a blue van, a ladder, and a man with a white sleeveless shirt and a big brimmed hat all in the reflection of the glass.

When Indiana is chasing the Nazis in the truck, look closely at the convertible, you can see the camera on the windshield.

When Indy and Sallah are deciphering the head piece there is a shot over Indy's shoulder. As he turns you can see the reflection of a fluorescent light in his glasses.

When Indy is fighting the big German at the plane, if you look at the wheels when the plane is turning around, you can see a chain and sprocket assembly that is driving the wheel to actually turn the plane.

Once Indy & Sallah have descended into the Well of the Souls, they slowly begin to approach the concrete structure that houses the Ark. As they approach, the camera pulls back to reveal the huge scale of the Well of the Souls, and across the top of the screen, in perfect silhouette, is the lighting rig.

After Marion goes in the basket, there is a chase and a truck tips over, if you look amidst the dust, you can see the ram used to put the vehicle on its side.

As they come out of the "mapping room" in the tomb, there is an extra crouched down by the door, apparently hiding. It seems as if it was a quick fix for someone who was where they weren't supposed to be.

During the truck chase scene, Indiana is thrown or forced over the front of the bonnet and almost run over. There is a wide camera shot, and while holding on to the front fender, Indiana can be seen sitting on a chair which is attached to the truck.

VisibleCrew2.jpg

Last edited:

XanaduEli

its amazing for when you are thinking of a movie and dont know what the name is,

you can post the description in generic questions and hope you get an answer,

i did it for

Stigmata
Johnny and the Bomb
and
Toothless

may i add you to my buddy list?