Would you accept an Indy film made in performance capture (Beowulf 2007 style)?

TheDarkCrusader

And I mean this as an alternative for Indy V if that doesn't get made. What would you think if they made an Indy prequel in performance capture like what Robert Zemeckis has done with his recent movies (and of course, Harrison Ford as the voice of Indy)? I'd probably accept it if they came up with a good story taking place before the events of Raiders or post-Last Crusade since Harrison's aged. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Morning Bell

I wouldn't care for it, personally. I like Indy films to be live-action and that's one of the charms of the series. Seeing something animated or captured would just seem weird and out of place.

Kevin

I would prefer this over a straight cartoon, but overall I like old-fashioned real movies.

The Magic Rat

Absolutely not. Awful idea (not a shot at you, I'm just cringing thinking about that style in general, let alone done to Indy).

TheDarkCrusader

Of course live-action is the best! It's just that since Harrison's getting too old to be Indy for live-action films and nobody seems open to the idea of Indy V after all the negative reactions to KOTCS. At least this way, Harrison could still reprise the role and we could get the Indy movie(s) that we should have had a long time ago. It was only a thought, nothing I'm serious about. Overall, I think they should retire the series. The first three are the real thing, KOTCS seemed like more of a one-time reunion than a sequel.

Last edited:

jamesdude

actually, this isnt a bad idea.

Harrison Ford cant play Indiana Jones forever. I mean what do you guys want, paramount to buy the rights to Ford's corpse so they can use it as a puppet in Indiana Jones VXIII?

TheDarkCrusader

jamesdude said:
actually, this isnt a bad idea.

Harrison Ford cant play Indiana Jones forever. I mean what do you guys want, paramount to buy the rights to Ford's corpse so they can use it as a puppet in Indiana Jones VXIII?

That's what I kind of meant. That way instead, we wouldn't have to see the franchise continue by replacing Ford with a copy-cat as Indy (remember Brandon Routh in Superman Returns?*shivers*)?

caats

TheDarkCrusader said:
That's what I kind of meant. That way instead, we wouldn't have to see the franchise continue by replacing Ford with a copy-cat as Indy (remember Brandon Routh in Superman Returns?*shivers*)?

man that's a bad example. Routh was actually quite good i thought. and it's not like Reeves was the first superman. and it's not like Superman started with Reeves' movie.

TheDarkCrusader

I know the 1978 movie wasn't the beginning of Superman but Reeve's portrayal is so iconic, Routh seemed like an Elvis impersonator in that movie. They even remade Reeve's classic trademark ending of flying pass the camera into space, pure blasphemy! :mad:

jamesdude

caats said:
man that's a bad example. Routh was actually quite good i thought. and it's not like Reeves was the first superman. and it's not like Superman started with Reeves' movie.

i actually liked Superman Returns FYI

The Man

TheDarkCrusader said:
And I mean this as an alternative for Indy V if that doesn't get made. What would you think if they made an Indy prequel in performance capture like what Robert Zemeckis has done with his recent movies (and of course, Harrison Ford as the voice of Indy)? I'd probably accept it if they came up with a good story taking place before the events of Raiders or post-Last Crusade since Harrison's aged. Any thoughts?

Would Janus Kaminski be involved in this..?

Dyonus

TheDarkCrusader said:

I think a better comparison is James Bond. We've had several and most of them were pretty good. I've only seen from Brosnan on myself, but I can't imagine that was much of a change earlier on.

caats

TheDarkCrusader said:
I know the 1978 movie wasn't the beginning of Superman but Reeve's portrayal is so iconic, Routh seemed like an Elvis impersonator in that movie. They even remade Reeve's classic trademark ending of flying pass the camera into space, pure blasphemy! :mad:

haha. Cause that's Reeeve's trademark. Reeve is obviously the iconic superman. but Routh was great. and will continue to be great if they keep him for the next film (which seems likely). Elvis impersonator? that's dean cain. I don't see how the movie WOULDN'T have ended with the flyby. so much of that movie followed the 78 film. which was my biggest problem with it. that and luthor. he's so lame.

Indy's Fist

caats said:
haha. Cause that's Reeeve's trademark. Reeve is obviously the iconic superman. but Routh was great. and will continue to be great if they keep him for the next film (which seems likely). Elvis impersonator? that's dean cain. I don't see how the movie WOULDN'T have ended with the flyby. so much of that movie followed the 78 film. which was my biggest problem with it. that and luthor. he's so lame.

Jimmy Olsen is gay!

Just kidding! I liked Superman Returns and would like to see a new villian. Someone on Supeman's level, like Doomsday or Darksied.