Why do (some) people dislike Mutt Williams

Indy's Fist

sandiegojones said:
All of those things are part of Indy scenes.

So he had a few seconds of screen time ! Pardon me! If things like that bother you, then you must have a pathetic existence.

And who could forget all that screen time Mutt took up during the credits when Indy & Marion walked out of the church and he just stood there blocking the credits?!?!?

DAMN YOU LUCAS & SPIELBERG!!!! GOD DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!!!!
Hey pal, I know where you live! Just kidding! But I'm in Phoenix too!

sandiegojones

Lonsome_Drifter said:
You're the one popping a vein over a character in a movie. Learn how to accept other people's opinion, and then maybe they will treat you like a big boy! :)
Not sure what you mean? I'm not the one counting the every second of Shia's screen time!

The Mutt scenes you make mention of would likely be on the cutting room floor if there were no Mutt. I'm sure the Tarzan stuff and the sword fighting would be absent, so I still disagree as far as taking away screen time is concerned. I think the film would just be a few minutes shorter.

The Drifter

sandiegojones said:
Not sure what you mean? I'm not the one counting the every second of Shia's screen time!

Me counting the seconds? Who was the one who done the following?

sandiegojones said:
When is Mutt on screen when Indy is not except for the 15 seconds he is introduced at the train station?

sandiegojones said:
So he had a few seconds of screen time ! Pardon me!

Hmmmmm, who's counting the seconds?

sandiegojones

OMG! NERD ALERT!!!

You just reminded me I stopped coming here for the past few months.

I make a few general statements and everyone gets their underoos in a bunch!

The Drifter

sandiegojones said:
OMG! NERD ALERT!!!

You just reminded me I stopped coming here for the past few months.

I make a few general statements and everyone gets their underoos in a bunch!

Um, it was you who got their panties in a bunch. And, please leave for a few more? :gun:

sandiegojones

Indy's Fist said:
I actually like Phoenix! But I'm more loyal to my birthplace, Tombstone!

I don't hate it either, but I was born and raised in San Diego and spent a few years in Los Angeles and Baltimore so I'm used to cooler weather and the ocean. I like to hike though and like racing so there's a lot more of that here, until it gets hot.

sandiegojones

Lonsome_Drifter said:
Um, it was you who got their panties in a bunch. And, please leave for a few more? :gun:
I just said your argument was "funny". It's really negative and slanderous, I know, but funny.

You were making it sound like Indy disapeared for 30 minutes or something (kinda like Keanu Reeves in the last Matrix film - WTF was that about?).

The Drifter

sandiegojones said:
I just said your argument was "funny". It's really negative and slanderous, I know, but funny.

You were making it sound like Indy disapeared for 30 minutes or something (kinda like Keanu Reeves in the last Matrix film - WTF was that about?).

I never went to any extreme in my opinion. It may have been funny (should I be a stand-up?), but did I once act like a twelve year-old fanboy defending his favorite video game?
I do feel that they gave Mutt too many action scenes. I liked the times he was interacting with Indy, but I don't wanna see Mutt fencing with Spalko and getting bushes to the nuts; I wanna see Henry Jones Jr. kicking ass!

And, Keanu Reeves was too busy going back in time with Alex Winter in that old phone booth to be in the last Matrix film.

sandiegojones said:
Some of these arguments are funny.
I'm glad it wasn't a daughter because she would have likely been a teenage Willie Scott or Marion. Since Marion was back I think it narrowed the options. Women in the 50's weren't quite as adventurous as they were in the 30's and more recent decades.

Imagine a daughter who's rebelled AGAINST Marion, the way Indy differed with his father.

Imagine a Marion still rough around the edges and a starry eyed daughter, a tomboy, strong and independent who would romanticize a normal life that Indy would represent, at least in the beginning.

Then discovering her father, initially siding with him on everything.

Couple that with Indy trying to mend the Marion fence while coming to grips with the daughter who thinks he's a straight laced professor.

Mutt was ok though.

Indy's Fist

sandiegojones said:
I don't hate it either, but I was born and raised in San Diego and spent a few years in Los Angeles and Baltimore so I'm used to cooler weather and the ocean. I like to hike though and like racing so there's a lot more of that here, until it gets hot.
I've always dreamed of living by the ocean. Yeah, the heat does suck.

sandiegojones

Lonsome_Drifter said:
I never went to any extreme in my opinion. It may have been funny (should I be a stand-up?), but did I once act like a twelve year-old fanboy defending his favorite video game?
I do feel that they gave Mutt too many action scenes. I liked the times he was interacting with Indy, but I don't wanna see Mutt fencing with Spalko and getting bushes to the nuts; I wanna see Henry Jones Jr. kicking ass!

And, Keanu Reeves was too busy going back in time with Alex Winter in that old phone booth to be in the last Matrix film.

I didn't say that you did act like a 12 year old. I just said it was funny. In my opinion the moments were brief. I can understand thinking the Tarzan thing is lame (though that view has been beaten to death at this point), but as far as "screen time" I didn't feel it detracted from Harrison Ford as Indy or took time away.

sandiegojones

Indy's Fist said:
I've always dreamed of living by the ocean. Yeah, the heat does suck.
I can deal with the heat. Getting in the car after is sits in the parking lot all day is probably the worst part. I'm also bald and freckly so the sun is murder on the head!

Indy's Fist

sandiegojones said:
I can deal with the heat. Getting in the car after is sits in the parking lot all day is probably the worst part. I'm also bald and freckly so the sun is murder on the head!

Wow, the sun is NOT your friend!

Indy's Fist said:
I think some people took my post way too seriously and didn't read all of it.

It did seem pretty harsh...but I was talking about junior jones' "deep thoughts"!

Last edited: