TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Video Games
User Name
Password

Old 02-28-2003, 12:42 AM   #1
Finn

Emperor's Tomb hints and tech help

Okay people, to keep places nice & clean, can I ask everyone who now on has problems with ET (any version) to post his problem to this one & only thread. This is because N+more threads about ET strategy hints will turn the table a mess to read. At least in the minds of the staff.

So clearly substitute your problem, version of the game (XB, PC, P2) and warn about possible spoilers.

And I hope that you understand that every other thread opened for help in ET will be served Abloy, no matter if the opener got a solution to his (or her) problem or not.

Thank you.

[Edited by Finn on 03-30-2003 at 09:55 am]
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 07:37 PM   #2
Attila the Professor

I don't have the game yet, so I have no real reason to post here at this point, but I'd like to recommend something for clarity. Could all of the posts in this thread have in the subject line what problem the post regards (you know, in bold at the top of the post). I think that would be helpful for all of us.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 10:09 PM   #3
Gregoire Defence
IndyFan

I am not exactly stuck, but I can certainly use some help from someone who beat this stage.

Is there a trick to beating this stage? (It is the stage with the drill tank).
I think I pretty much have the hang of it, except for when it comes to the point where the ground falls out from underneath you.

Here I have problems, I almost always die at these spots.
I going to try to explain it to you. The ground falls out from under you, then you jump and whip a beam, as soon as you land the ground falls out again, and there is a second beam to whip. I hope you understand what I am trying to say.

It is on the second beam that I have trouble. I can whip the fist beam okay, but when I land, I always land in a hole.
What should I try to do:
1. Should I try a double whip?
2. Should I try to cut my whip swing short so I can land on solid ground?
3. Or should I do a full whip swing, and hope I hit solid ground? Then jump AS SOON AS I hit the ground. (This method works for me some of the time. But not all of the time. I am looking for a more reliable method.)

If you can understand this, I would apprieciate your tips.
Gregoire Defence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 10:20 AM   #4
swords
IndyFan

Istandbul: The Sunken Palace

There is a pillar you must place explosives on. However, I don't have any explosive charges, nor can I find any explosive charges in the Sunken Palace itself. Should I play previous stages, secret of the Mosque part 1 and 2, to find more explosive charges? In part 1 you get one explosive to advance to the next stage, which is part 2. Is there more explosives I missed in these two stages? Because I can't find any in the Sunken Palace. Or unless there is some in the Sunken Palace itself, then can anyone give me a hint as to where they might be?

Thanks...

swords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 10:28 AM   #5
James
IndyFan

Gregoire, I know exactly what point you're referring to, because it took me forever to figure out the trick!

Basically, you've got the right idea with your second option. You want to cut your whipswing a bit short in order to land on the solid ground. Only for a second though, as you immediately need to jump and swing again.

Heads up, though- after you round another corner, you'll need to employ this same tactic.
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 10:47 AM   #6
swords
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally posted by swords
Istandbul: The Sunken Palace

There is a pillar you must place explosives on. However, I don't have any explosive charges, nor can I find any explosive charges in the Sunken Palace itself. Should I play previous stages, secret of the Mosque part 1 and 2, to find more explosive charges? In part 1 you get one explosive to advance to the next stage, which is part 2. Is there more explosives I missed in these two stages? Because I can't find any in the Sunken Palace. Or unless there is some in the Sunken Palace itself, then can anyone give me a hint as to where they might be?

Thanks...

*cough* Where can I find the explosives if there are any*cough!* Or is it something else I have to figure out *cough!*[clears throat]
Old 03-01-2003, 11:19 AM   #7
Gregoire Defence
IndyFan

Thanks James! I got you swords

(THank you James!)

Swords:

To the left of the pillar is a platform that you can get out of the water on. (It is the platform that had te Oxygen tank on it) Jump in the water that is on the other side of this platform. You will see an underground doorway. Swim through it to enter a new area. WATCH OUT FOR SHARKS!
You will come out of the water at a Nazi station. But the demo charge is under the water near the station. Gaurded by two Scuba-Nazis.
Old 03-01-2003, 12:53 PM   #8
swords
IndyFan

Thanks. And excuse my stubborness!
Old 03-01-2003, 01:20 PM   #9
J. Charles Holt
IndyFan

Defeating the kraken

How?

Apparently I HAVE to be underwater to use the super speargun, as pumping 300 rounds into the kraken from above water did nothing. From underwater, occasionally I manage to hit the kraken in some sort of tender spot and it leaves. But in the meantime I'm overwhelmed by these little jellyfish things, and then I drown. I'm also assuming that the demo charges need to be used on the column.

What's the trick? There must be one, because I died llike 10 times in a row, and I'm not set to hard.
J. Charles Holt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 01:53 PM   #10
Gregoire Defence
IndyFan

Re: Defeating the kraken

Quote:
Originally posted by J. Charles Holt
Apparently I HAVE to be underwater to use the super speargun, as pumping 300 rounds into the kraken from above water did nothing.

Hahahhaha. Nice try.

Jump in the water with the Super Spear Gun in hand. Press the left trigger to aim. Aim at the squid's eyes and shoot. You have a whole lot of ammo, so don't worry about conservation, just shoot! Shoot the little jellyfish too if you can. Once the squid retreats swim up to on of the four pillars at set a demo charge. Now swim away as fast as you can. Sometimes jellys will stick on you preventing you from swimming. Do not give up! The jellys will go away eventually.
Repeat this four times, once for each pillar. When all for pillars are destroyed the squid will be blocked off, and the water level will be lowered.

Congratulations, now pick up the Mirror piece.

Tell me if you need help, with anything.
-Greg
Old 03-01-2003, 06:34 PM   #11
Pog Zig
IndyFan

Yes

Alright, here's my problem. I beat the game, I've collected all artifacts except two and I've searched high and low for them but I still can't find them. The jade slab in the level where you ring the bells and the gold disc in the first "Netherworld" level where you jump from the falling platforms. I think there's two artifacts in that one, too, because I found the funky mask but I can't find the golden disc and I don't know where it could be. HELP!

If anyone here hasn't found them and you have the strategy guide, please tell me how to find those two artifacts!
Pog Zig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 06:36 PM   #12
Pog Zig
IndyFan

Teehee

Oops, that's three artifacts in all, not two

Old 03-01-2003, 06:39 PM   #13
Pog Zig
IndyFan

Oops

Wait a minute, I did mean two. Heehee.
Old 03-01-2003, 08:11 PM   #14
Gregoire Defence
IndyFan

Well,

I did not find it myself, but the artifact in the falling platform stage (neatherworld) should be where you have to whip all of those lamps. It is directly opposite the 5 spining pillars.
Old 03-01-2003, 09:48 PM   #15
Raffey
IndyFan

Re: Defeating the kraken

Quote:
Originally posted by J. Charles Holt
How?

Apparently I HAVE to be underwater to use the super speargun, as pumping 300 rounds into the kraken from above water did nothing. From underwater, occasionally I manage to hit the kraken in some sort of tender spot and it leaves. But in the meantime I'm overwhelmed by these little jellyfish things, and then I drown. I'm also assuming that the demo charges need to be used on the column.

What's the trick? There must be one, because I died llike 10 times in a row, and I'm not set to hard.

This one is tricky because you have to shoot the Kracken in the eye IN the water as a certain range. Too far and it's harmless, too close and you get sucked in and die.

Staying in first person mode-- underwater-- shoot at the Kracken until you hit its sensitive eye. It varies so you just have to keep trying different eyes.

When the Kracken disappears into it hole STAY in first person mode and shoot all the jelly fish until there aren't any left. This will clear the water and allow you to move. Not shooting the jellyfish will cause them to stick on you and paralyze you from swimming.

Once the jellyfish are gone, you should have enough time to place a charge on a pillar before you have to start over and do it all again for the next.

I jump out of the water and position myself for an attack after for each pillar.
Raffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 11:07 AM   #16
The Monkey Did It!
IndyFan

Nazi Sub Base after the boatride

I have gone through and done the big machine gun part, zip lined to the crane, picked up the boat and moved it to the far right...but it is still way to low to jump from the boat to the ledge with the door...

What am I missing?

never mind...I found it.
The Monkey Did It! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 12:54 PM   #17
Pog Zig
IndyFan

BELLS OF THE DEAD! ARGGH!

Come on, does anyone know how to find the artifact in the Bells of the Dead level?
Old 03-02-2003, 01:10 PM   #18
Gregoire Defence
IndyFan

Help this boy out! He can tell us what the bonus level is.
Old 03-02-2003, 02:39 PM   #19
James
IndyFan

If it's the artifact I'm thinking of...

Before you enter the room with the Bells of the Dead, you'll pass through a small hallway. Equip the Mirror of Dreams and it will reveal a ladder to the left of the entrance. At the top, you will find the artifact. (This, in my opinion, was one of the best hidden artifacts.)

Btw, there is no bonus level after collecting all the artifacts. It unlocks a Gallery, with color artwork of all characters and levels.

It's an interesting bonus, however, as it includes a few characters that are not in the game. Most notably, there is a model for Abner Ravenwood...which leads me to hope there IS an extra level, character, or cutscene to unlock somehow. Lucasarts is pretty good at keeping game secrets for a few months though...
Old 03-05-2003, 05:39 AM   #20
Finn

Remember, people...

This is the place to post your gaming aid questions about ET. Please do not open your own threads in search for help. Thank you.

UP!
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 11:57 PM   #21
tas1987
IndyFan

Istanbul Shark

I am in the Istanbul where you hit the big room flooded room with the shark and the drinking fountain. How do I get out.

Thanks for any help, ready to toss the Xbox through the TV.
tas1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 08:11 AM   #22
swords
IndyFan

This is a very detailed stage, so I'll try to make sense. Instead of going to the fountain, behind you there is another platform. You jump on that platform. Then go into first person view, and look down. You will see another platform down below, where a bunch of stones(or are they steps?) are placed. Jump down there. Then you can problably figure out the rest...
Old 03-09-2003, 09:38 AM   #23
Rumpled Fedora
IndyFan

Istanbul coin hunt

I'm at the point where you have to find some coins (six, I think) and return them in a certain slot area. I know where the Trident coin is but I haven't found any others yet.
Can anyone help?
Rumpled Fedora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 10:24 AM   #24
James
IndyFan

There are only four coins.

From the starting point:

-Straight ahead, climb the small ledge onto the ruins. Navigate around them (whipping, jumping and wall-hugging) until you reach some stairs. At the top, jump over the gap and fight a swordsmen. Around the corner, fight another swordsmen, then retrieve the coin from in front of the collapsed wall.

-Back at the small ledge, swim toward the underwater ruins. There is a shark circling and some speargun ammo on the ruins. Grab the ammo, then swim up the sunken stairwell. At the top, proceed until you reach a small ledge facing out on a temple entrance. You need to jump at an angle towards the sloping wall and land on the temple. There's a crack in the wall of the temple. Find the demo charge- a coin is within.

-To get the demo charge, walk up the fallen pillar, then cross over to the ledge with a burning fire. Grab two demo charges, jump in the water and swim to a cracked wall (back in front of the temple). Beware the shark, blow the wall, grab the coin inside.

-Return to the temple by climbing out of the water and repeating the angle jump to the temple ledge. Collect the coin inside, then return to the ledge with the burning fire. Grab the third demo charge, then proceed until you find the next cracked wall. Inside is a fountain.

-Continue on until you reach a dirt pathway that leads to the tiled floor of a long hall. There is a large gap in the floor, but before you jump it, drop down into the water. There is a shark, and the final coin rests on the floor by a light.

-Climb out, jump the gap, then put the coins in their respective slots at the end of the hall.
Old 03-09-2003, 10:27 AM   #25
Rumpled Fedora
IndyFan

Thanks! I'll do that.
Rumpled Fedora is offline   Reply With Quote