Tonight I was a pilgrim in an unholy land....

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I don't understand why a straight gal would drag a guy to a gay bar. Did she give you a reason for it, 'Hachi?

Actually the scene where Stifler has the dance off in the gay bar in American Pie 3 (released as "American Wedding" in the States), comes to mind. "Everybody wants a piece of the Stifmeister!" ;)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2cELwKLkROc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2cELwKLkROc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Personally haven't been to a gay bar, nor would want to, unless I was going with a gay friend and then going to a straight bar in order to make a compromise.

AlivePoet

Here in Korea a few expat chicks my pals and I know in Seoul said they'd take us to the best bars in town, which happened to be gay ones. I know some girls enjoy the bars because that way they don't feel constantly hit on by other dudes, and can dance freely while just having fun. Perhaps they were trying to make a statement as well, like "this is what we put up with every time we go out with you guys to a straight club." Which--given the rabid Korean obsession with ensnaring a white girl--isn't too far-fetched.

As it turned out, the owner of four gay bars in that area was hitting on me quite hard that night. Had I sacrificed my dignity I may have had it made for the rest of my time here... alas, I was too drunk to think clearly. ;)

Finn

Staff member
Nurhachi1991 said:
I talking about Deadwood all day how does that make me gay?
People think you have a subconscious necessity to emphasize your masculinity. This arises questions, since those who are content with theirs, have no need.

Hell, maybe you are gay... just not aware of it.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Finn said:
People think you have a subconscious necessity to emphasize your masculinity. This arises questions, since those who are content with theirs, have no need.

Hell, maybe you are gay... just not aware of it.

Apparently, research suggests that 80 percent of men who are homophobic have secret homosexual feelings.

In tests homophobic men who said they were exclusively heterosexual were shown gay sex videos. Four out of five became sexually aroused by the homoerotic imagery, as recorded by a penile circumference measuring device (a plethysmograph) suggesting that homophobia is a form of "latent homosexuality where persons are either unaware of or deny their homosexual urges".

I would advise that Nurhachi1991 pops himself down to the local video store and pick up Jarman's Sebastian and see how it goes in the trouser department.:p

Nurhachi1991

Im not homophobic though I have plenty of friends that are gay.

Gee Finn you caught me want to go on a date sometime? :rolleyes:

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Nurhachi1991 said:
Im not homophobic though I have plenty of friends that are gay.

Gee Finn you caught me want to go on a date sometime? :rolleyes:

...I can hear wedding bells...ding, ding, ding!!

Finn

Staff member
You know, I've always thought a hint of bisexuality in a man is nothing but an advantageous quality.

Firstly, it greatly widens ones dating horizon, even doubles it, at least in theory.

And even if one was more into women, acting full gay might just help with that. 'Cos, you know, I've heard that great majority of those women who have good gay friends find themselves at some point or another hoping he was straight after all.

Of course, when the moment comes, if you flat out confess you were just pretending to be one, might as well prepare to be smacked. But playing your cards right, and by that I mean using line like: "well, I don't normally feel like this, but there's something special about you baby" ...prepare to get ravished.

<small>And thus we conclude our lesson of Uncle Finny's Machiavellian machinations for this time. More shall follow when the occasion calls for it.</small>

Dr. Gonzo

A quote from The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou comes to mind:

HENNESSEY
We've never made great husbands, have we?
Of course, I have a good excuse. I'm part-
gay.

Zissou shrugs. He smiles and says warmly:

ZISSOU
Supposedly, everyone is.

Magda

It's weird logging on. I'm surprised I even remember my password.

And Finn, if you are old, then so am I.

Lao_Che

Nurhachi1991 6/19/2008 said:
No...................... Gay culture has affected everything else in this country please leave the Indy franchise out of it......... Let there be a gay Jedi how about that

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mRqssiz__vY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mRqssiz__vY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Prime Blue

Dr Bones said:
Maybe there's a macguffin/plot in there somewhere that Lucas could use for the next Indy film! ;) Club Obi-Have?!
Indiana Jones and the Boa of Fables

...I'd watch it.

JuniorJones said:
...I can hear wedding bells...ding, ding, ding!!
Stop, you're killing me.
207svhi.gif