What's Harrison Ford doing these days?

Montana Smith

269591-the-young-indiana-jones-chronicles-nes-screenshot-game-overs.png

Press Any Key to Reboot.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Le Saboteur said:
Please be dead. Please be dead. Please be dead. Please... damnit!
I'm just going to leave this here. Regardless of what anyone thinks makes good and profitable entertainment, remember this is a guy with a family who flies around and rescues people in his spare time.

kongisking

Moedred said:
I'm just going to leave this here. Regardless of what anyone thinks makes good and profitable entertainment, remember this is a guy with a family who flies around and rescues people in his spare time.

Agreed.
tumblr_inline_n5rag3q1jr1ro4hyr.gif

Toht's Arm

Despite being ludicrously ever-hopeful, this news is the first time I've come close to giving up hope for a fifth film.

That being said, Ford was MIA for a great deal of the action in ToD, and that didn't seem to harm the film. That being said, the extent of his injury back then wasn't quite as widely known as it is this time around, so suspension of disbelief may take a kicking.

To make matters worse, I just read that Spielberg's next two films are locked in...

IndyForever

Toht's Arm said:
Despite being ludicrously ever-hopeful, this news is the first time I've come close to giving up hope for a fifth film.

That being said, Ford was MIA for a great deal of the action in ToD, and that didn't seem to harm the film. That being said, the extent of his injury back then wasn't quite as widely known as it is this time around, so suspension of disbelief may take a kicking.

To make matters worse, I just read that Spielberg's next two films are locked in...
Sadly I think Indy 5 is almost finished :sick: Ford will be hard to get insurance for when he fully heals (history of film set injuries not his fault but still becomes very costly to get insurance for) & Spielberg is clearly not thinking about Indy as Lucas is obviously not interested either so it looks like KOTCS was the true Ford Indy ending :dead:

I would not be surprised to see Ford retire for good either he must be pretty unhappy the set was not safe & has caused him so much pain/concern @ his stage of life its a bad experience even if it was an accident a $200m+ mega budget film should have higher standards in 2014 its appalling to happen to anyone let alone the megastar leading man !

The one slight glimmer of hope I can see is if Ford uses this to gain leverage on Disney by waiving the right to sue if they actively develop Indy 5 ASAP. But that would have to be a gentlemans agreement & Ford is a gentleman I am not sure many execs are nowadays its all about money sadly.

Forbidden Eye

Temple of Doom was the first thing I thought of when I heard of Ford's ankle. I'm sure he's fine and will recover swiftly.

As far as Indy 5 speculation goes, I'll agree this news has probably made Disney's lawyers nervous about Star Wars 7(let alone a hypothetical Indy movie) it probably also inspired more internet "rumors" of recast Indy like that Robert Pattinson one last week, but these incidents happen all the time on sets so I wouldn't worry too much. After all, is anyone out there still talking about when Stallone sprained his back filming the Expendables?

Ford career will easily continue.

Stoo

Dr. Gonzo said:
Lets take a look back at the life of Harrison's ankle, shall we?
Why is there no information here about what Harrison is wearing at the hospital? Details about his pyjamas, etc.?:confused:

Grizzlor

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-27919126

Now apparently his publicist has confirmed that it's not his ankle, but that he broke his left leg. Had successful surgery, and is now rehabbing. Probably broke the lower portion of the tibia and/or fibula. Honestly it's a better scenario for him than breaking ankle bones, which may well have caused him a permanent loss of movement in the ankle given his age.