Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
User Name
Password

Old 04-14-2008, 11:05 PM   #51
|ZiR|
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spriggan Jones
Infact... Could this be "Diatchenko"? Can't really see his face but he could be Spalko's henchmen/bodygaurd.

Looks like him. Though the eyebrows look normal and not all overplucked like in that glamor shot of him isaac_z posted.

Also, terribly off-topic, I know; but geez, does that jungle background look awful or what. Here's hoping it'll be better on the screen.
|ZiR| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 12:55 AM   #52
isaac_z
IndyFan

Quote:
Just for reference here's the best known pic of "Colonel Dovchenko". And that is Igor Jijikine.

i can see that's jijikine, but has it ever been confirmed that the character in the picture is dovchenko? maybe i missed something...

i mean, it doesn't really mean much to argue about this, and i know this discussion has been played out time and time again, but i'm just a little skeptical that this picture (of jijikine as "truman") is of the same person as the one indy punches at the end of the teaser... though i could very well be wrong.
isaac_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:08 AM   #53
Michael24
IndyFan

Quote:
Not 100% but the "Rocket Sled" solider looks more like Andrew Divoff. Seeing as how Diatchenko did some filming in Hawaii it would be unlikely that he's the goon on the rocket sled.

From the brief (blurry) image of that character's face as he swings the chain at Indy, I didn't get the impression it was Divoff. Though it would be cool to see Ford and Divoff brawl. I'm so excited that Divoff is in an Indiana Jones movie!
Michael24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:17 AM   #54
Spriggan Jones
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaac_z
i can see that's jijikine, but has it ever been confirmed that the character in the picture is dovchenko? maybe i missed something...

Not offically confirmed but all evidence points to such. I should note that his american disguise takes his russian rank into account. The white egale emble means he's a Colonel.

Quote:
i mean, it doesn't really mean much to argue about this, and i know this discussion has been played out time and time again, but i'm just a little skeptical that this picture (of jijikine as "truman") is of the same person as the one indy punches at the end of the teaser... though i could very well be wrong.

Oh don't feel that way! This is fun! lol. Again it comes down to the markings on his uniform. The "solider" Indy punches from the teaser is a Red Army Colonel. You can see the three star cluster on epaulette which signifies that. Just playing the odds, who else could it be?

Last edited by Spriggan Jones : 04-15-2008 at 01:46 AM.
Spriggan Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:37 AM   #55
Spriggan Jones
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael24
From the brief (blurry) image of that character's face as he swings the chain at Indy, I didn't get the impression it was Divoff. Though it would be cool to see Ford and Divoff brawl. I'm so excited that Divoff is in an Indiana Jones movie!

There's a shot from the hat and Jacket video which has Indy and the goon up against the metal grate infront the engine intake that has a pretty good shot of his face. Like I said not 100% sure but I think it's Divoff. Here's some pics.

"Rocket Sled Soilder"

Andrew Divoff
Old 04-15-2008, 01:42 AM   #56
Michael24
IndyFan

I don't know. I think it's obvious that's not Divoff in the metal grate picture. It looks more like the guy beside Ford in that "exterior" picture you posted. The small yellow patch is even in the same place on the left lapel, which Divoff doesn't have in that picture.
Old 04-15-2008, 02:17 AM   #57
Spriggan Jones
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael24
I don't know. I think it's obvious that's not Divoff in the metal grate picture. It looks more like the guy beside Ford in that "exterior" picture you posted. The small yellow patch is even in the same place on the left lapel, which Divoff doesn't have in that picture.

I see what you mean. Good thing I said I wasn't 100% on the Divoff/Rocket Sled. Lol. I am 100% on the "Truman is Dovchenko". I'd put money on that. The Rocket sled goon could be Jijikine/Dovchenko, but if that's the case then it's very possible we might not get the grisly payoff from the Rocket sled like in the SMFM script.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:41 PM   #58
Dr. Gonzo
IndyFan

Speaking of all this "Truman is Dovchenko" stuff...
...since we are in the spoiler section and all, I find it funny that his name is Truman and well you know Truman is the President who droped the atomic bomb... I think we may be getting an inside joke if you know what I mean..."DoomTown"... I think Dovchenko is Truman also in the sense that he's probably going to detonate that bomb that makes Indy make like a 6 pack of beer... hiding in a fridge. That is if Steven is a smart lad and that is the joke.
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 02:33 PM   #59
xelaman
IndyFan

Quote:
i jst spotted... unless his name is _uman Dovchenko or Dovchenko _uman, his name tag thing says somthing uman... unless it says human!
xelaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 02:54 PM   #60
Michael24
IndyFan

Wasn't there talk awhile back that all the Russian name patches seem to use the names of former Presidents? So "Truman" would make sense if that's the case.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:00 PM   #61
Texas
IndyFan

Well, over at IMDB.com, the Indy 4 IMDB page has finally acknowledged that Igor is indeed playing Dovchenko. That's as close to "official confirmation" as I've seen regarding Jijikine playing Dovchenko.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0367882/
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 11:11 PM   #62
xVendetta17x
IndyFan

Even so IMDB has never been that dependent of a source
xVendetta17x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:48 AM   #63
NileQT87
IndyFan

rocket sled soldier looks like pavel lynchnikoff, not andrew divoff.

__uman is "truman" for the person who didn't get it. he was a president. the names that have been spotted have been (if my memory serves): truman, roosevelt (2), grant, lincoln, washington and jefferson. all u.s. presidents.

truman - igor jijikine
roosevelt - pavel lynchnikoff
grant - andrew divoff

Last edited by NileQT87 : 04-16-2008 at 03:00 AM.
NileQT87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:16 AM   #64
isaac_z
IndyFan

well, this may not be confirmation, but this picture of jijikine in the center of a bunch of russians makes me think dovchenko... guess i can eat my hat now.

edit: the picture doesn't seem to load, but you can find it over at:
http://kotcs.blogspot.com/2008/04/fo...s-helados.html

it's the set of cups in the second row, first picture.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:56 PM   #65
xVendetta17x
IndyFan

It's likely
But I haven't seen those products before
It's Ice Cream right?
The resolution was somewhat poor
Old 04-18-2008, 07:04 PM   #66
Spriggan Jones
IndyFan

Looks the new production notes released explains it all. Although the source of these notes was IMDB(there's a seperate thread on that) I think it's pretty clear that the notes are legit.

Here's the exact quote...

Quote:
To accompany evil Agent Spalko, this adventure introduces a new character, Col. Dovchenko, the leader of Spalko’s traveling henchmen. Igor Jijikine, who had been a high-wire trapeze artist for Cirque du Soleil, plays Dovchenko. His comrades-in-arms include Dmitri Diatchenko and, from the hit television series “Lost,” Andrew Divoff.
“Pat Roach, who was our iconic muscleman villain, passed away, and we were very sad not to have him in this picture,” explains Spielberg. “I was looking for someone to fit the kind of role he used to play. Debbie Zane, our casting director brought Igor in, and I thought he’d be a terrific villain.”

Here's the link to where you can find the notes and disscusion.

http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=13742

Old 04-19-2008, 09:49 PM   #67
xVendetta17x
IndyFan

Interesting, I still don't like the idea of replacing Pat
Old 04-20-2008, 12:17 AM   #68
Michael24
IndyFan

I don't see it as replacing Pat Roach at all. They were simply looking for someone intimidating enough to play the big muscular henchman this time around. It's not like they were bringing back one of the character he played and having someone else play him.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:00 AM   #69
isaac_z
IndyFan

i'm not sure if this has been posted here, but from the New Acquisitions board:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe.Not Today
Yeah sorry about the photo quality. Looks like Igor to me.The back says:

"A Battle-Hardened Career Soldier, The imposing Dovchenko has ruthlessly enforced the Soviet regime in countless battles around the globe. His devotion to the soviet cause combined with his reputation for brutality make him the perfect choice to lead the Russian Commando team searching for the Crystal Skull."

cool.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:51 AM   #70
xVendetta17x
IndyFan

Dovenchenko is shaping up to be a prominent character
I'm surprised they didn't get a big name to do it, not that they don't already have enough big names
Old 04-29-2008, 01:20 PM   #71
Texas
IndyFan

Colonel Anton Dovchenko

Well, according to Cool Toy Review, Dovchenko's first name in Anton. Here is the Cool Toy Review link, which also shows details of the upcoming Dovchenko Hasbro figure:
http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro_IJ_Dovchenko.asp
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:50 PM   #72
Dr.Sartorius
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
Well, according to Cool Toy Review, Dovchenko's first name in Anton. Here is the Cool Toy Review link, which also shows details of the upcoming Dovchenko Hasbro figure:
http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro_IJ_Dovchenko.asp

Its actually Antonin Dovchenko according to the Ultimate Guide.

Here's his short bio from the book:

Quote:
The commander of the Soviet Special Forces team tasked with securing the object is Colonel Antonin Dovchenko. Trained to carry out clandestine operations in diverse environments -- from Dovchenko's native Siberian Kalanishnikov combat rifles and Makarova semi-automatic pistols. A man of few words, Dovchenko takes an instant dislike to Indy, and is often tempted to supercede his orders that he should keep the American professor alive. Dovchenko has an equal distaste for insects, ants especially.
Dr.Sartorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 02:21 PM   #73
The Man
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sartorius
Its actually Antonin Dovchenko according to the Ultimate Guide.

Here's his short bio from the book:

I smell an icky death for Ol' Dovchenko...
The Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 02:57 PM   #74
San Holo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man
Yea, That last sentence sounds rather ominous, doesn't it
San Holo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 03:10 PM   #75
Spriggan Jones
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man

I knew it! It was either the Jungle Cutter or ants. Looks like it will be the ANTS!