Indy should have had a daughter

groves

I really think Lucas and Spielberg missed the boat on this one.
Indy having a daughter would have created so many great comidic scenes!
You know a little payback for Indy's womanizing ways.
I think it would have been great to see Marion with a daughter and Indy with his hands full.
You could have made her one tough young lady.
I can picture so many great moments.
As it was, I really couldn't have cared less about Shia's character in the film.

Yeeeezzzzzzzzzzzz, I should have been a girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Isn't that obvious or is it just me?

Skipper

Knowing Indy, he probably would have slept with her before they discovered they were father and daughter. And that would have just been awkward.

DrHapgood

Skipper said:
Knowing Indy, he probably would have slept with her before they discovered they were father and daughter. And that would have just been awkward.

And just imagine, had they given Indy a daughter and Sean Connery agreed to be in it, both dad and grandpa would have probably had some fun before the big reveal. :eek:

Adamwankenobi

Here is Indy's daughter:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xRtRc-msCAY&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xRtRc-msCAY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Sam Falco

DrHapgood said:
And just imagine, had they given Indy a daughter and Sean Connery agreed to be in it, both dad and grandpa would have probably had some fun before the big reveal. :eek:

You people are sick.

DrHapgood

Sam Falco said:
You people are sick.

That's basically what happened in LC with Elsa:

Indy: "It's disgraceful, you're old enough to be her... her grandfather."
Henry: "Well, I'm as human as the next man."
Indy: "Dad, I was the next man."
Henry: "Oh... ships that pass in the night."

DocWhiskey

Indy: "Dad, how did you find out she was my daughter?"
Henry: "She talks in her sleep."
Indy: "Jesus Chri-"
(Henry slaps Indy)
Henry: "That's for blasphemy."
(Indy slaps Henry)
Indy: "That's for incest."
(Henry Smiles)
Henry: "Well done."

And that just page 119 of my script "Indiana Jones and to catch a predator"

gear01

groves said:
I really think Lucas and Spielberg missed the boat on this one.
Indy having a daughter would have created so many great comidic scenes!
You know a little payback for Indy's womanizing ways.
I think it would have been great to see Marion with a daughter and Indy with his hands full.
You could have made her one tough young lady.
I can picture so many great moments.
As it was, I really couldn't have cared less about Shia's character in the film.

Yeeeezzzzzzzzzzzz, I should have been a girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Isn't that obvious or is it just me?

I totally agree 100%. In fact the synopsis I wrote 4 years ago featured Indy and Henry Senior, at the request of an ailing Marion, on a journey behind the iron curtain to rescue his newly learned of, abducted 16 year old daughter Natalie. As the adventure unfolded there was many situations where Indy found himself becoming the over protective dad, placing the fear of God into potential suitors, and in one scene trying his hardest to not be aroused by the snake his daughter had just captured in the camp and proudly displays to Indy. "Don't you wanna hold it? What's the matter?"

gear01

DocWhiskey said:
^ You guys are right. Your synopsis sounds great by the way.

Hey thanks,
when the buzz of the new movie dies down, and people are hungry for a fresh adventure, I'll post my complete story in fan fiction. Until then, here's a little fire from Indy's daughter.........

Natalie angry to Indy-
"And why can't I go to McMurdo?
Who are you to keep telling me what I should or shouldn't do. Indiana Jones, the long lost "good" friend of the family that I've never so much as heard my mother mention, the Uncle Henry I never new I had.
You're not my father,
so quit acting like one, my father's waiting in McMurdo and you either help me find him "old friend" or you step off now."

Raiders90

Daughter

Does anyone else here think that a daughter in Indy 4 may have worked better than a son? Imagine a daughter that was a combination of Indy and Marion and Henry Sr., as far as personality goes. She wouldn't have the "Can Only Set Me in the '50s" greaser style and would have a more adaptible style. In the late late '50s in the sequels she could've donned her father's fedora, literally, and her outfit could've been something like what Elsa wears at the Grunwald Palace in LC, the fedora (or trilby) and a leather jacket of sorts http://www.theraider.net/showimage..../films/crusade/gallery/dvdscreenshots/162.jpg Perhaps even a motorcycle jacket and fedora, or something.
but more feminine perhaps and went around the world looking for artifacts herself.

Michael24

I don't know that it would have worked better just because, but it might have been a little more interesting for the hero to have a daughter than a son.

Uki

Remember the insistant rumor that Indy 4 would have Natalie Portman as his daughter? While I loved Skull, that would've been interesting.