Young Indy and the Pimple of Doom

qafir

Hello all...I've been looking for a new writing project, and I'm thinking about doing some Indy parodies. Sort of Harvard Lampoon stuff. Any ideas? Right now, unless I get some better suggestions, you're all going to be stuck with Young Indy and the Pimple of Doom. So let the ideas flow! The Grand Prize winner gets to see his or her idea forever immortalized in a new, original, just-for-the-Raven extravaganza!!!

qafir

Right now my background is a hiking photo a friend sent me. Fantastic view of the mountains and blue sky.

Oh, did you mean personally?

Uh, that's a long story, I suppose. What are you interested in? Indiana fan status? Race? Career?

waiting for clarification.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Welcome to the Raven, qafir! Where the bar fights usually means someone dies.:gun:

I have a question, what does qafir mean?

The parody idea sounds fun. I think, however, that it should be a thread in the Forum Games instead of here in Newbie.(y)

qafir

Aaron H said:
Welcome to the Raven, qafir! Where the bar fights usually means someone dies.:gun:

I have a question, what does qafir mean?

The parody idea sounds fun. I think, however, that it should be a thread in the Forum Games instead of here in Newbie.(y)

Please move the thread if you can. I realized the same thing after I posted it. Qafir means "winning in scrabble." Also qaid. They're both in the official scrabble dictionary, and they are the only two words I ever learned that use a Q but not a U. Try that on a triple word score corner. But not when your girlfriend is feeling insecure. Also, if you do score big, immediately excuse yourself to the bathroom and hide your dance of glee behind the shower curtain.

In real life, whoops...I just did a web search. I'd thought it meant non-believer in arabic, meaning a non-Muslim. Apparently it actually means one who completely rejects "the one supreme being." Maybe I should have thought that one through before using it as a screen name.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
qafir said:
In real life, whoops...I just did a web search. I'd thought it meant non-believer in arabic, meaning a non-Muslim. Apparently it actually means one who completely rejects "the one supreme being." Maybe I should have thought that one through before using it as a screen name.
Infidel!

Well, I'm thinking it would be best if a new thread was created since this is a welcome thread too. (just a thought)