Hot Dog... The Movie

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
It has come to my attention the Squaw Valley Institute will host a 30th anniversary screening of Hot Dog... The Movie. It was the 53rd most profitable film of 1984 but has yet to be released in widescreen for home viewing, much like Ski School. (Not to be confused with Ski Patrol. Do not watch.)

These are often listed among the best ski movies ever, even counting the multitude of documentaries by Warren Miller et al. Some movies like Better Off Dead, Inception and James Bond take place partially on the slopes. I suspect this is because it's not enjoyable for viewers to stare at a wall of of white for an extended period of time. Perfect for apres ski or snowless (in California) winter viewing, though.

Stoo

HA!:D Haven't thought about this movie in c.30 years!:eek:

My friends & I went to see, "Hot Dog", at the theatre with a group of girls from another high school whom we'd just met a few days before at a video-game arcade (sounds like an '80s cliché but it's true). We all thought that the movie was terrible...even for a teen comedy at the time (and we had grown up in ski-culture).

It's a piece of 1980s sh*t but...

Better than Warren Miller footage, they say?:confused: I'll have to check this again because that's an extraordinary claim!:eek:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Skiing movies

Here you go... #4. Haven't seen Out Cold, and don't remember any skiing in Hot Tub Time Machine... perhaps the sequel will rectify that. The Beatles hit the slopes a little in Help!. Warren Miller made a movie every year for 50+ years so they can't all rank.