The Latest and Greatest Film Conversation

Pale Horse

Staff member
*longingly

I too was an Inquisitor, but in the early days, when the Inquisition strove to guide, not to punish. And once I had to preside at a trial of a man whose only crime was to have translated a Greek book that conflicted with the Holy Scriptures. Bernardo Gui wanted him condemned as a heretic; I - acquitted the man. Then Bernardo Gui accused ME of heresy, for having defended him. I appealed to the Pope. I - I was put in prison, tortured, and... and I recanted."

Name of the Rose

Paden

"Let that be a lesson to you, boys and girls. Don't ever argue with the big dog, because the big dog is always right."

The Fugitive

Deadlock

Nice one, Paden. :)

"Well... it's pretty hard to be wrong when you keep answering yourself all the time."

Animal Crackers

"It's all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever. Yet we stand here in the middle of no man's land."

Cross of Iron

roundshort

"Whew, I never dead people smoke before!"

Rodney Dangerfield, "Caddyshack"

P.S. I beleive that almost any conversation can be continued with a quote form Caddyshack

Paden

"What's he trying to prove? I once saw one of those things sitting behind the wheel of a car in D.C. trying to drive down Independence Avenue. It didn't make me want to be its friend."

Day of the Dead

Pale Horse

Staff member
"Who said that? Who the [edit] said that? Who's the slimy little communist [edit], twinkle-toed [edit] down here who just signed his own death warrant?"

Full Metal Jacket

"You all take a good look at this lump of [edit]. Remember what it looks like. You [edit] up in a firefight... and I goddamn guarantee you a trip out of the bush - in a body bag! Out here, [edit], you keep your [edit] wired tight at all times! And that goes for you, [edit]-for-brains. You don't sleep on no [edit] ambush! And the next sum'[edit] I catch coppin Z's in the bush, I'm personally gonna take an interest in seein' him suffer. I [edit] you not. Doc, tag him and bag him!"

Platoon

Pale Horse

Staff member
"I beg to differ, sir. We started a game we never got to finish. "Play For Blood" - remember?"

Tombstone

Paden

"When the music ends, pick up your gun. Go ahead and shoot me Colonel. Just try."

For a Few Dollars More