Clerks 2

San Holo

I saw Clerks in my junior year of high school and it really impressed me. It was funny, cool, and different from than anything I had ever seen before. Now, 10 years later, I wonder if the second installment of Dante and Randall's adventures will have the same witty spark that the original posessed, or will we be dissapointed with the same old d!ck and fart jokes. Kevin Smith is brilliant, and I'm really looking forward to seeing this movie- so hopefully won't suck harder than Dante's girl.....37 ?

roundshort

Clerks was very well done (given the cirumstances) and I like they never tried to force a remake or a sequal. Smith has used the charaters pretty well inhis others movies, with Mallrats a highlight. This movie cuold suck more than 37, but lets hope not.

It's too bad that after the failure of Jersy Girl (Which I quite enjoyed, though it was no Chasing Amy... ) Kevin Smith apparently feels the need to fall back on the one trick he knows.....

I could do without ever seeing Jason Mewes again for that matter....

Webley

San Holo said:
Kevin Smith is brilliant,
Did you know it took Kevin Smith four years to complete a Daredevil six-issue mini-series for Marvel and all six-issue sucked.:sick:

Katarn07

I recently saw a film that I found to be a great companion piece to Clerks called Lurking in Suburbia. It just came out today. Despite its cover with the hot cheerleaders (who never appear once in the film), it's got the same "drama" to it as Clerks did. Like Clerks 2, this film featured characters who are in their '30s and presented challenges people face in life even after going through college.

I still wanna see Clerks 2 if not only for Randal. He makes the first one as good as it is.

San Holo

ClintonHammond said:
I could do without ever seeing Jason Mewes again for that matter....
I dunno, Jay and Silent Bob have found Christ in this movie(after Dogma), Mewes could be pretty funny as a bible thumper.

roundshort

I look forward to it. We all have a bit of Jay and Silent Bob in us. Lets face it, watchign an accident might be fun, but we all do it. Well, clerks has to have been on of the most interesting films to happen in the last 25 years, so i am glad Kevin is making another one. Think of all the crap that gets sequals made.

roto13

One of the people in my Organizational Behaviour class did a presentation about Clerks this morning, complete with a clip. I can't ever see myself watching that full movie.

roundshort

Ijust watched the clip for this, and I am very excited! I will go just to see Randall bust ont he LOTR series! I love it! While I am sure it will not touchthe first (how could it, they will use the same jokes) I think this will make a lot of folks Laugh. Randell and Dante are the best Kevin Smith charaters out there!

roundshort

No doubt this movie will be no where near as fresh as the first, but I have a gut feeling there will be some really funny moments!

San Holo

Well, I saw it last night...and it was everything I had hoped for. It had the same 'ol dik and fart jokes that I loved in the original, as well as the wit. It had the Star Wars debates,and the shockers- but what set this movie apart was the story. The plot was really good for a slapstick comedy, plus Rosario Dawson is in it.mmmmm.

Last edited:

Twilightpro101

Webley said:
Did you know it took Kevin Smith four years to complete a Daredevil six-issue mini-series for Marvel and all six-issue sucked.:sick:

Actually he finished his 12 issue Daredevil arc on time. It was completed right around the time of Dogma's release. What he didn't complete on time was Spider-man: Black Cat. That intitial story was suppose to be a simple six issue arc, but he ran into conflicting issues with his schedule.

And for the record, he wasn't paid until he completed the arc as he so says.