New Young Indy Movies

JasperMoon

I need to report The Indy Experience has reported that Haley Joel Osment will be playing the Young Indiana Jones in a new string of movies after Indiana IV has been completed. At Last !! More Jones movies!!

at www.scifi.com under the Indiana Jones IV movie announcement.

IAdventurer01

Hmm, presuming this is true, I am unsure of my feelings on this...

That aside, the choice of actor I think it a pretty good one. Not to say I'm an expert on Haley's movies, but from what I've seen he does a good job. He also looks the part pretty well.

We'll see how much of this pans out, considering Indy IV is STILL crawling away. :p

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I hope that (provided that this is true:p ) this series is a tad more adventurous than the series of 1990s though I do think Sean Patrick Flannery is far better than a decent choice for Young Indy.

Webley

I think that by the time that Indy4 comes out Haley Joel will be to old to play "Young Indy":p

You see we will need someone to play a preteen Indy AND IN 2008 Haley Joel will be 20 years old

IndyBuff

I don't mean to sound rude but I have a hard time believing this story. Indy IV may not even happen and I haven't heard this news anywhere else. It's an interesting idea but I'd like to hear a little more about it.

Johan

sounds like hogwash to me. I'm sure Lucas has enough on his plate and has not even thought past Indy 4, which in itself is large enough.
Haley joel Osment??? Comon, Forrest Gump Jr? And Indy doesn't just "see dead people", he makes them!

IndyBuff

IndyJohan said:
sounds like hogwash to me. I'm sure Lucas has enough on his plate and has not even thought past Indy 4, which in itself is large enough.
Haley joel Osment??? Comon, Forrest Gump Jr? And Indy doesn't just "see dead people", he makes them!

I'm assuming the same thing. I doubt there's any truth to this but with all the rumors and speculation flying around lately it's hard to tell anymore.:confused:

Indy1936

This doesn't really seem feasible. Lucas pretty much covered Indy's entire "young" life in the tv series and MacGregor and McCoy covered the rest in the books, there doesn't really seem like much left to cover, unless, God forbid, they start doing movie remakes of the tv series.

roundshort

Well, I am sure they will talk about for years before ti ever happens, this will be George Lucas's sons first project!

Canyon

I just cant see HJO playing Indy.

*sigh* I just wish that George Lucas could concentrate on Indy4 and then perhaps a series or some movies of Indy in his 20's.

Grizzlor

Huh? Lucas has never said he wants to do Young Indy. He and Mccallum did say that they were working on a new DVD release which would contain large amounts of historical features. Is that still being done?

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Yep. Last time I heard they were about 70 percent done with the 100 documentaries.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Canyon said:
I just cant see HJO playing Indy.

*sigh* I just wish that George Lucas could concentrate on Indy4 and then perhaps a series or some movies of Indy in his 20's.

Yeah that be a cool idea. They could be based on the offical novels (with the exception of Sky Pirates and possibly White Witch).

BrodyIsDead

I always thought that they missed out some of the most important young years of Indy's life by not covering his first meeting with Marion and Abner Ravenwood at Chicago Uni... Always thought it was a cop out not having them in at some stage - so perhaps any new young Indy films could pick up this storyline... (or has it been done in book form already?) :confused:

Also, saw seen Sean Patrick Flannery on The Dead Zone recently and it's remarkable how much he's starting to resemble Harrison Ford at that age! :)

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Yeah, they should make young indy movies with Marion and Abner. I just so happen to be writing a fan script on that at this very moment. ;) Maybe if I ever get enough friends crazy enough to be in a fanflick it could be a Young Indy movie.:p

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Depending on the success of Indiana Jones IV, there may be either a spin-off movie series about Indy's son/daughter or a TV show in that same vein. However, I think that anything new dealing with a young Dr. Henry "Indiana" Jones, Jr. won't ever happen.