The Premier Thread

Blue Jay said:
i was looking for the reviews only via: http://bventertainment.go.com/tv/buenavista/ebertandroeper/

all the reviews i have seenmust have been from old or movies that are older than a year LOL :p

What do they use now? pinky up and down. :D

Yeah, that's their official site. Check out the reviews for this week's movies for instance. The Speed Racer review or Iron Man... no thumbs up, they just say whether they like or dislike the movie.

the hammer42

Lets just face it.
Lucas was right.
The press is going to hate it.
But its not the second coming. Its INDIANA JONES.
We are the Indy fans. We just want to see another Indy adventure.
F*ck the reviews.

Ste2652

A lot of the press seem to have decided KotCS was a bad movie months ago. I'm preaching to the converted here, but let's all go along and make our own minds up.

tnswman

Yeap....I think the worst review we will see will be a c+ If that...Looks like The all the negative pre-thoughts got BLASTED away with the Atomic Bomb scene...What is important to note here is that the Humor of Indy is intact and the movie puts that across to the reviewers.

Ove they see that this is an Indiana Jones movie, and NOT a wanna-be, they actually enjoy what they see.

It's funny to hear think that people complain about "slow moments" what we have here is a world that thinks that each moment should be full with explosions and fights...Reviewers are NOT used to seeing Plot building and story telling with DIALOGUE!!!! ALL the Indy movies slow down in the center..Even Raiders!! That's how they inform the Audience about the main plot.

I LOVE it!! I KNEW Indy 4 would survive the Critics!!

Ste2652

tnswman said:
It's funny to hear think that people complain about "slow moments" what we have here is a world that thinks that each moment should be full with explosions and fights...Reviewers are NOT used to seeing Plot building and story telling with DIALOGUE!!!! ALL the Indy movies slow down in the center..Even Raiders!! That's how they inform the Audience about the main plot.

Exactly. The slow section after the initial opening adventure is designed to give the audience a mental rest before the full on, action-orientated second half kicks in. Besides, I kinda enjoy the slow bits... seeing Indy at his day job is pretty interesting.

In addition, remember that a lot of time has passed since Last Crusade. I imagine the Marshall College scenes will be used to explain some of the things that have happened since we last saw Indy (e.g. what happened to his dad and Marcus) - little details that would be missed if they had been ignored.

tnswman said:
Yeap....I think the worst review we will see will be a c+ If that...Looks like The all the negative pre-thoughts got BLASTED away with the Atomic Bomb scene...What is important to note here is that the Humor of Indy is intact and the movie puts that across to the reviewers.

http://raven.theraider.net/showpost.php?p=320788&postcount=153

There have been at least two VERY negative reviews so far. Especially that one^.

Why are you rabid bunch so selective in how you read these reviews? Both the negative and positive reviews offer good points that we can ponder when we see the movie.