Indiana Jones 4-7?

-Jones-

Steven Spielberg is currently in the middle of shooting the upcoming fourth installment of "Indiana Jones" and questions are now popping up whether we will see even more installments.

According to IESB, Shia LaBeouf (Transformers), who is playing the role of Indy's son, has signed a deal which would force him to return for three more sequels. If you're counting at home, that's Indiana Jones 4, 5, 6 and 7. Apparently Paramount is looking to continue the franchise after Harrison Ford begins to look and act his age and finally decides to pass on the whip to a younger actor. Ford just turned 65 on Friday.

The above is not a surprise to anyone, but the site also reports that Ford, similar to LaBeouf, has signed his own three picture deal, which means that "Indiana Jones 4" is part of a trilogy. Whether Ford will come back to play the lead role is doubtful; but it is very possible that he will instead take the role of Sean Connery and simply guide the young Indy Jr. and keep him out of trouble.

Finally, the site added that the working title that we have been hearing about, "Indiana Jones and the City of the Gods," actually refers to aliens (gods). We'll see.

Source: worstpreviews.com

Sankara said:
*LOL* No, "Indy IV" is the final Indy-Film.

We will have Mutt Ravenwood movies instead. Honestly I am cool with that. If it doesn't use the name "Indiana Jones" in the title than it doesn't drag it into the mud. Does anyone think that Happy Days sucked because "Joani Loves Chauchi" was utter garbage?

Finn

Staff member
This is actually modern Hollywood for you all. The fact that people sign on to appear in more than just one movie doesn't mean that there's going to be more than one. I don't think anybody at the moment has even plans for more Jones films. But since anything can happen... you know. Better safe than sorry.

That's why they're called "franchise deals" these days. Those who follow professional sports know this type of deal as 1+3.

And Sankara... please stop repeating yourself. At least change the word order a little.

oki9Sedo

Finn said:
This is actually modern Hollywood for you all. The fact that people sign on to appear in more than just one movie doesn't mean that there's going to be more than one. I don't think anybody at the moment has even plans for more Jones films. But since anything can happen... you know. Better safe than sorry.

That's why they're called "franchise deals" these days. Those who follow professional sports know this type of deal as 1+3.

And Sankara... please stop repeating yourself. At least change the word order a little.

I seriously doubt Spielberg and Lucas lack have the sense to realize that a bunch of Mutt Ravenwood films would be a bad idea. Indy IV is it.

oki9Sedo said:
I seriously doubt Spielberg and Lucas lack have the sense to realize that a bunch of Mutt Ravenwood films would be a bad idea. Indy IV is it.

How do you know if you haven't een his character yet? I mean I am not saying they will be good but we really do not know enough about him to say whether he would be a viable spin-off character or not. I am going to keep an open mind about it, instead of dimissing the iidea entirely. Also like Finn said, people sign multiple sequel deals all the time but it doesn't always amount to much.

oki9Sedo

Henry Jones Junior said:
How do you know if you haven't een his character yet? I mean I am not saying they will be good but we really do not know enough about him to say whether he would be a viable spin-off character or not. I am going to keep an open mind about it, instead of dimissing the iidea entirely. Also like Finn said, people sign multiple sequel deals all the time but it doesn't always amount to much.

Who ever said that he signed on for sequels? CHUD.com?

Papa Jones

If Ford has "so much fun doing these movies", why not continue doing this instead of accepting crappy roles like in 'Sabrina' or 'Hollywood Cop'

The question is, is it worthy if Spielberg doesn't want to do it?

Dr.Sartorius

MTV is reporting Lucasfilm is denying its planning more Indy sequels:

Lucasfilm Denies Future ‘Indy’ Sequels In Works
0 Comments | Published by Shawn Adler on Monday, July 16, 2007 at 7:38 pm.

Brittany Snow“It’s not the years,” Indiana Jones tells Marion in “Raiders of the Lost Ark,” “It’s the mileage.” But, 26 years after he first appeared on the big screen — and one year before he’s set to make his triumphant return - just how much more mileage can Steven Spielberg, George Lucas, and star Harrison Ford squeeze out of the legendary character?

Apparently quite a lot — that is, if you believe reports today on IESB that claim Harrison Ford is signed on for two more Indy films after “4” (for a total of three), and Shia LaBeouf is signed on for three more (a total of four).

“That’s purely a rumor,” John Singh, Director of Publicity for Lucasfilm. Ltd told MTV News. “Idle chatter among Internet fans.”

An official denial…but that won’t stop us from speculating anyway. Given what you’ve heard and seen from the set of “Indy 4,” would you like to see even more adventures for our whip-wielding hero? Sound off below.

Link

And IESB says Lucasfilm is lying:

SPOILERS AHEAD!

Link

Last edited by a moderator:

Vendetta08

It's normal these days for people to sign contracts binding them to several films, even if they aren't made, just because it's a possible franchise. So more Indy films aren't completely confirmed by this. I wouldn't mind them, but the chances of Spielberg directing 3 more are very slim. I personally would love an Indy cartoon.

AL_Patterson said:
It's normal these days for people to sign contracts binding them to several films, even if they aren't made, just because it's a possible franchise. So more Indy films aren't completely confirmed by this. I wouldn't mind them, but the chances of Spielberg directing 3 more are very slim. I personally would love an Indy cartoon.

After seeing the trailer for Clone Wars I would not mind that.

sarah navarro

Papa Jones said:
If Ford has "so much fun doing these movies", why not continue doing this instead of accepting crappy roles like in 'Sabrina' or 'Hollywood Cop'

The question is, is it worthy if Spielberg doesn't want to do it?
its actually "HOLLYWOOD HOMOCIDE", not "hollywood cop", :)
and no i would not like to see THE ADVENTURES OF MUTT RAVENWOOD that would ruin the whole idea of indiana jones .(n) , but a indy cartoon might be cool(y)

sarah navarro said:
and no i would not like to see THE ADVENTURES OF MUTT RAVENWOOD that would ruin the whole idea of indiana jones .(n) , but a indy cartoon might be cool(y)

How so? If it doesn't use Indiana Jonesin the title or involve him in the plot? If Angel had a bad episode how would that effect Buffy, or vice versa? To me it doesn't.

Papa Jones

sarah navarro said:

Oh yeah, qft, thanx. ;)

Grizzlor

I wouldn't care if they broke Shia's character off into a spinoff, so long as the Indiana Jones theme was NOT used, and they changed the movies enough to make certain the films were spinoffs and not Indy sequels. Harrison Ford gets to retire the character, end of story. I'm also extremely skeptical that George, Steven or Harrison would do another film that was not truly Indiana Jones. Paramount would love to of course.

No Ticket

Henry Jones Junior said:
How so? If it doesn't use Indiana Jonesin the title or involve him in the plot? If Angel had a bad episode how would that effect Buffy, or vice versa? To me it doesn't.

I think it's a stupid idea. Mutt Ravenwood is a dumb name for a title. Although they may not call it that. Still. I really don't want a spin-off Indiana Jones series. To me it isn't Indiana Jones if Indiana Jones isn't there. I don't care how good Shia's role is, and I'm actually expecting him to do well, I don't want to see him in his own IJ side story movie.

I don't really like the Young Indy television series much either. And in addition, I don't really think replacing Ford with someone else as Indy will work either. Ford defines the character, his charm and wit and all that other stuff IS Indiana Jones... nobody can BE ford so no one else can really BE Indiana Jones. They can try but no one will ever truly accept such a replacement.

And I'm pretty sure if they did make spin-offs, Spielberg would not direct... maybe be involved but no direct.

... no no no ...

the only way to carry on the Indy franchise in theaters is with more movies of INDIANA JONES and not some dumb spin off of a character like it was a popular television series. Most spin-offs in TV don't work either you know.

HOWEVER :)

I do think an animated television series is a cool idea. I would actually rather see it in 2D animation style than 3D but whatever. In that instance, you can draw a version of Indy that looks like Harrison Ford... the budget will be big enough for whatever crazy stunts, locales, etc. you want and if animated well... it could look really beautiful.

That's actually an exciting notion to think about.

kongisking

To tell you the truth, I REALLY hope ISBN is right! I would love a second Indy trilogy, and a cartoon series by the guys that did Clone Wars 2-D would rock my freakin' socks off. I have always wanted an animated Indy show with mature themes, great animation, and good voice cast (think Batman: Animated Series). Hopefully Harrison could do Indy's voice? :cool:

Bottom line: Indy 5, 6, and 7? HEAVEN ON EARTH! (y)

sarah navarro

kongisking said:
To tell you the truth, I REALLY hope ISBN is right! I would love a second Indy trilogy, and a cartoon series by the guys that did Clone Wars 2-D would rock my freakin' socks off. I have always wanted an animated Indy show with mature themes, great animation, and good voice cast (think Batman: Animated Series). Hopefully Harrison could do Indy's voice? :cool:

Bottom line: Indy 5, 6, and 7? HEAVEN ON EARTH! (y)
that would be cool ,harrison was going to be the voice for BOB THE BUILDER but in after thinking about it for a while he turned it down:(