Pins on Mutt's jacket lapel

joelwatts

I searched the forums but didn't find anything about all those little pins on Shia's jacket lapel. Anybody know what that's about? You can see them really well on the Vanity Fair cover.

mfisher

visit Indygear.com's forum... there is an indepth thread on these there.. almost all have been identified..

sarah navarro

There are some weird things on his jacket you wouldnt expect too see on a Bikers jacket...maybe Mutts kinda wimpy?

Well Indy was a Scout too.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I've got a feeling that he's a wannabe Marlon Brando and when his Mum shows up, he's a total Mama's boy. Which is definitely what Shia can play... the comic relief.

eroc

sarah navarro said:
There are some weird things on his jacket you wouldnt expect too see on a Bikers jacket...maybe Mutts kinda wimpy?

Well Indy was a Scout too.

Exactly. Scouts can be tough guys too. It's not like he's in the quilting club.

Athenee

Re: Pin #6

I posted this at COB, too. Has anyone identified Pin #6 yet?

I wanted to point out that there were many men's-only 4-year colleges in the 50s that closed in the 70s when everything was going co-ed (ditto for private 'prep' schools as costs went up), lots of small fraternities also never went 'national' successfully and went extinct.

So, besides looking for currently-available frats and colleges/prep schools, you may be faced with looking for something extinct (archaeology, anyone?) as well.

Where did Mutt's alleged father (RAF Williams) go to school or university in England before the war? And also, where besides the University of Chicago did Oxley attend or teach at while he helped Marion raise Mutt?

(Which still begs the question: how did Marion and Oxley hook up, and why'd she stay with him so long, besides Mutt being there?)

Marionfan706

Athenee said:
I posted this at COB, too. Has anyone identified Pin #6 yet?

I wanted to point out that there were many men's-only 4-year colleges in the 50s that closed in the 70s when everything was going co-ed (ditto for private 'prep' schools as costs went up), lots of small fraternities also never went 'national' successfully and went extinct.

So, besides looking for currently-available frats and colleges/prep schools, you may be faced with looking for something extinct (archaeology, anyone?) as well.

Where did Mutt's alleged father (RAF Williams) go to school or university in England before the war? And also, where besides the University of Chicago did Oxley attend or teach at while he helped Marion raise Mutt?

(Which still begs the question: how did Marion and Oxley hook up, and why'd she stay with him so long, besides Mutt being there?)
I like those questions, i dont think i know any but the last. Marion and oxley didnt"hook up", but more of that oxley was more of an adopted father. Oxley was a friend of dr. ravenwoods too, as i belive. But this presents another question, though. Why did marion seek help from ox, of all people? Marion didnt have any family, i know that much, but was she that desperate?:confused:

Athenee

Marionfan706 said:
I like those questions, i dont think i know any but the last. Marion and oxley didnt"hook up", but more of that oxley was more of an adopted father. Oxley was a friend of dr. ravenwoods too, as i belive. But this presents another question, though. Why did marion seek help from ox, of all people? Marion didnt have any family, i know that much, but was she that desperate?:confused:

Marion doesn't strike me as the kind of conventional woman who'd have a lot of 'friends-who-are-girls'; she didn't want to go back to Indy because on one level, she didn't want to mess up his life with a wife and kid, and on the other hand, she probably thought of Ox as a reliable friend--and besides, well-heeled British guys? They're the kind of guy who'll hug you and then apologize for being 'presumptuous'. ;)

Nurhachi1991

Pins on Mutts jacket. What do they mean? Where can I get some?

I just got a really nice Brando/Mutt jacket and I want to throw some of the rad pins he had on. But what the heck were they? Do they sell replicas.

Thanks

Montana Smith

Start here, 'hachi:

http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=12274

Indiana-Jones-And-The-Kingdom-Of-The-Crystal-Skull-2008-costumes-wardrobe.jpg

Mutt-s-Pins-from-his-Leather.jpg

#1 is the 1 year membership AMA pin; #3 the American Motorcycle Association 3 year membership pin; #4 which is also an AMA pin, 4 years of membership; #5 is a pin from the National Honor Society; #7 a Cub Scout Bobcat pin; and finally #8 a vintage Democratic Donkey pin.

Nurhachi1991

So where can you buy these pins?

I feel like a real boner -_- I guess I have Smog in the Noggin.

Thanks though

Montana Smith

Nurhachi1991 said:
I feel like a real boner -_- I guess I have Smog in the Noggin.

Thanks though

I feel a merge coming on! :hat:

Nurhachi1991 said:
So where can you buy these pins?

Search Ebay - I just saw some on there, repro and vintage.

In addition to the prop picture, here's a zoom of the actual screen jacket:

indy4_mutt-010__35352_zoom.jpg