Possible New Charactor Revealed! (Minor Spolier)

Lightning

While I hope that Indy does not have a brother in IJ4, there is one way for it to work without conflicting with "It was just the two of us" fron Last Crusade. Henry would have had to have remarried after Indy left and had another son. He would be in his 30's by the 1950's.

Joe Brody

. . . .or conceivably, Henry Sr. didn't even bothered getting married. . . . .

Such circumstances can be a powerful motivator. T.E. Lawrence was one hell of a [child born out of wedlock].

dmaster

00Kevin said:
Why did George Lucas not like the script, it seems it may be because he didn't like a subplot involving Indy's Brother (for one)!

that's right, it seems that the seemingly bogus rumor of Indy's Long lost Brother was true! It was included in Darabont's script, but it seems that George didn't like it.

Unlikely, for what we know Lucas is the movie's main story creator, Darabont is writting the screenplay. So it is not feasible that something of this scope could be included by Darabont himself, this is NOT a sub-plot!

intergamer

No, the point would be that Lucas meant there to be a brother subplot - however, Darabont did not work it in to Lucas' satisfaction.

Joe Brody

Aaron H said:
Joe Brody said:
or conceivably, Henry Sr. didn't even bothered getting married.
No, Henry, Sr. was married.

I wasn't clear. I think Lightning was talking about a half-brother scenario where Henry Senior later married another women and had a son. Given Henry's nature, I was joking that he may not have bothered to get married.