Chachapoyan Temple light trap

monkey

Oh, I love this topic!!

Who said an Atlantean civilization?

Aaron.........right on!!

Of course the Hovitos didn't build that tomb/temple. Just as in the case of the ruins of Tiahuanaco, and Sacsayhuaman, it was built by the same highly advanced, ante-diluvian, megalithic civilization with technologies we can only just begin to understand.

can anyone say.......'anti-gravity'?

Anyway, with regard to the photosensitive, and pneumatic booby traps in the opening scene of Raiders.........

First of all, in order to enjoy the movie, just push the "I believe" button. There you go. It's much more fun that way.

Now, as for the actual technology, well, you have to first open your mind, and accept that there are technologies that exist, and have existed, that we know nothing of today.

Today we have the 'internet', which is of course, pure sorcery. Go ahead, explain how it works....................

Anyway, what kind of technologies did the 'Atlanteans' (for lack of a better title) have? Well, perhaps they were masters of light sensitive materials. I know that they had a much firmer grasp on anti-gravity than we do today.

do you know how your toaster knows how to pop the toast up?? Come on, be honest, how many of you know?

I don't have any problem with the booby traps in the opening scene of Raiders.

By the way, great thread!!!

spohlso

monkey said:

Today we have the 'internet', which is of course, pure sorcery. Go ahead, explain how it works....................

First, the person who wishes to deliver content over the internet uses Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML) to code said content in a way that would be readable to web browsers. This data is then saved to the hard drive of an Internet server by magnetically altering the surface of the disk on that computer's hard drive to represent a corresponding series of 0s and 1s.

When a remote computer asks for acces to that information (now known as a web-site) it transmits a signal over a phone (or DSL or cable etc.) line as a series of tones that also represent 0s and 1s. For example 10101001.11100001.00000010.00000011 would be read by a router as 169.225.2.3. This request would go to a machine that keeps a list of user freindly names and their numerical counterparts and translate this to www.yahoo.com.

A routing table would then be consulted to let the data packets know which way to go to send requests to that site. The data would send requests to the site and information would be returned to the remote computer in the same fashion.

Toasters are magic.

Pale Horse

Staff member
icon_mrgreen.gif
I love it!

Raffey

Toaster: The basic idea behind any toaster is using radiation to heat a piece of bread. When you look down into your toaster as the bread is being cooked. you will see the coils glow red, the coils are producing infrared radiation. This radiation will dry and char the surface of the bread.

The most common way for a toaster to create the infrared radiation is to use nichrome wire wrapped back and forth across a mica sheet. Most simple toasters will have two mica sheets wrapped in nichrome wire, and they would be spaced to form a slot about an inch wide. The nichrome wires are connected directly to a plug.

At preset timer generally releases a springloaded tray that makes the bread pop up when its done.

I eat toast or bagels in the morning as I surf the Internet.

The true riddle of life is why Twinkies packaging don't have an expiration date on them. Or, better yet why does my dryer eat only one sock every other time I do laundry.

Last edited:

monkey

Toasters are the Devil's handiwork.

Why do you think the wires glow red? Hmmmm?

The internet is sorcery, pure and simple. I will accept no other explanation.

wireless routers?? Please, now you're stretching the believability just a bit too much. Stop with the scientific explanations and confess!!!

Perhaps Spohlso we should subject your rather clever explanation of the internet to a real test: The trough of truth.

If you sink, you are telling the truth, if you float you are a witch!!

Original Raider

Raffey said:

The true riddle of life is why Twinkies packaging don't have an expiration date on them. Or, better yet why does my dryer eat only one sock every other time I do laundry.

You know twinkies are grown not baked, they're chemically "grown" in a laboratory type environment, no ovens or stoves are used. Off-topic I know, but how disgusting is that?

Raffey

Jordana said:
Because your dryer is evil and like toying with you :)

Actually, I often thought about this and do believe that my socks are supposed to ritualistic sacrifices to the Gods of Tumble Dry and Low Heat.

Original Raider said:
You know twinkies are grown not baked, they're chemically "grown" in a laboratory type environment, no ovens or stoves are used. Off-topic I know, but how disgusting is that?

I'm never fricken eating Twinkies again....not that I have since I was 9 anyway! :D

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Yes and no about twinkies, they do use an oven to make them. However, yes, they are chemically processed before they are baked.

Back on topic...

air pirate

light booby trap theory

Maybe the light never worked at all. Indy obviously did not trust Satipo so maybe he triggered the wall spikes another way and bluffed the 'hand in the light' in case he might be double crossed - which he was.

Original Raider

Aaron H said:
Yes and no about twinkies, they do use an oven to make them. However, yes, they are chemically processed before they are baked.

Back on topic...

Not from what Ive seen, totally grown lab style. We need proof, is there a twinkies website? BTW good title and plot for Indy IV :INDIANA JONES AND THE SECRET OF THE TWINKIES!! Ooooh...the opening scene will be Indy running from a giant twinkie rolling down the hill, similair to the boulder only stickier. ;)

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
My source...the Food Network. It was on a show called "Food Unwrapped". I saw them going into the oven myself.

Raffey

VP said:
And now, back on topic. How do the spikes get back in the wall?

The same way Twinkies are made by a chemical process! :p

Just kidding. Booby traps are normally a one shot deal, no? They don't need to get back into the wall.

Here's a thought...how do the Hovitos test out the big boulder trap? Obviously that boulder is too large to move about even with a tribe of Hovitos.

So how do they know that it will roll, follow through cave's predetermined trails without getting stuck and close the cave's opening?

Deadlock

Raffey said:
Here's a thought...how do the Hovitos test out the big boulder trap? Obviously that boulder is too large to move about even with a tribe of Hovitos.

So how do they know that it will roll, follow through cave's predetermined trails without getting stuck and close the cave's opening?

Detailed computer simulations. Duh. :rolleyes:

Raffey

Hey! Everyone knows that the Hovitos have one laptop and since the time its keyboard was accidently sprayed with poison frog juice, nobody can touch the sucker! :p