Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones 5
User Name
Password

Old 01-24-2014, 03:48 AM   #426
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanselation
When I think about this, what's with Joe Flanigan? In my opinion his look AND his acting fit nearly perfect to the role of Indiana Jones.

ohmigawd! So, like, totally no. Hashtag totes gay.

Le Saboteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:51 AM   #427
Hanselation
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Saboteur
ohmigawd! So, like, totally no. Hashtag totes gay.

Oh yeah, you're right, the bad guy from Skyfall would be also a good choice, at least better than Karl.
Hanselation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:48 PM   #428
foreignerfred
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurlock
To be honest, he's a pretty good choice. He's got chops via Zero Dark Thirty, and he nails the scruffy look.

Pratt's role in Jurassic World sounds like he'll get a trial Indy run:

"Chris Pratt has been discussing his role in the upcoming Jurassic World with MTV Movies (via Screen Rant).

The actor, who can be heard playing Emmet in The LEGO Movie, was asked if his character, an ex-military type, had anything in common with series protagonists Dr Alan Grant (Sam Neill) or Dr Ian Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum).

"Hes got a little of both," said Pratt. "Hes got a little bit of the Goldblum cynicism but also the Sam Neill excitement at the wonder of the biology of it all, so its a combination.

Source:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/...art-alan-grant
foreignerfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:40 PM   #429
punisher5150
IndyFan

New actors

Themore I think about it, none of the actors mentioned even feels right. I keep saying SPF but thats only because he has some experience with the character in Young Indiana Jones Chronicles. But even seems out of place. Maybe that young guy that does the impressions that is pretty much the spitting image of a young Ford. Seems to me a virtual unknown would have to be cast in the role. I think the audience would be a little more forgiving than if they used an established actor liek Karl Urban, Chris Pratt or Chrise Pine. Look Superman Returns with Brandon Roth as an example. He got a lot of backlash (although I thought he did a great job with what he was given). He was given the task of playing the character as Christopher Reeve would have played him, not bring a new interpretation like Henry Cavill did. With Indy, not sure bringing a new interpretation would work. The actor would basically have to be playing Harrison Ford playing Indiana Jones. With that being said, the guy that does the impressions would be the best choice. But can he carry an entire movie?
punisher5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:51 PM   #430
foreignerfred
IndyFan

Star Wars Episode VII casting rumor from Ain't It Cool says that Jack Reynor is now in the film.

I haven't seen anything with him in it, but this picture earned him a place in this thread in my opinion:

Article:http://www.aintitcool.com/node/66222
foreignerfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 03:50 PM   #431
DoomsdayFAN
IndyFan

Deja Vu! Hello Temple of Doom!

Someday, inevitably when Indy is rebooted or recast, I think Pratt would make for an excellent replacement. He's got the look (especially if he up-keeps his new body) and the acting skills. Not only can he come across serious, but with some humor too. Granted, I would like future films to be a little more on the serious side like Raiders, but I think Pratt could more than pull it off.

DoomsdayFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 05:27 AM   #432
Henry Jones VII
IndyFan

He seems to be a suitable candidate for the role.
Henry Jones VII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:17 PM   #433
jtmitch
IndyFan

What about Bradley Cooper?
jtmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:10 PM   #434
punisher5150
IndyFan

New Indy actors

Just because an actor has been photographed with beard stubble does not qualify them to play Indiana Jones.

As much as I'd like to see this franchise move forward after Harrison, I just don't think anyone mentioned really fits the bill despite my previous contributions to this thread.

I am more eager for the Old Indy trilogy with Harrison that began with KotCS and will hopefully span two more movies than a reboot at this point.
punisher5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:53 PM   #435
jtmitch
IndyFan

I totally agree. If you look at Ford, he still has the look and is in shape. I think its just a fun idea for us throw out these ideas...there will only be one Indy and that's Ford.
jtmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:41 AM   #436
bennihana123
IndyFan

Disney owns the franchise now, and I'm sure they're going to take advantage of it sooner rather than later. If we're getting a new film with Ford I'd expect it to be out within five years. If they decide to recast the role they may be fast tracking the project as well in order to have a new Indy film be out around the time of one of the new Star Wars films.
bennihana123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:58 AM   #437
IndyFan89
IndyFan

Bradley Cooper would make a good Indy
IndyFan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:06 PM   #438
Moedred
Administrator

All he needs is the curling iron scar.
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:21 PM   #439
Pale Horse
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moedred

All he needs is the curling iron scar.

oh snap!10
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:43 PM   #440
jsarino
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyFan89
Bradley Cooper would make a good Indy

I did see this today on Dark Horizons: http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/314...-indiana-jones

He doesn't look rugged enough, even with a beard. What about if they go forward with Indy 5, still have Ford on board, and Cooper takes over Shia's Mutt character?
jsarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:48 PM   #441
IndyFan89
IndyFan

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3zac85fn4a...a%20cooper.jpg
IndyFan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:30 AM   #442
micsteam
IndyFan

Bradley Cooper ?? Hmnh... I'll pass !!
micsteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:52 PM   #443
Indy's brother
IndyFan

With his angular features, and those beady blue eyes, I think Cooper would make a better Belloq.
Indy's brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:25 AM   #444
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy's brother
With his angular features, and those beady blue eyes, I think Cooper would make a better Belloq.

Yeah, ...thinking... no. He's too, well, American.

Thinking outside of the box, Jean Dujardin could equate himself quite well in the role of Dr. Jones. But since a Frenchman playing Dr. Jones would be considered sacrilege around here, here's your Belloq. Especially if you're operating under the premiss that they're two sides of the same coin.

Why, yes, yes I do have an Oscar, a BAFTA, and a Golden Globe.
Old 03-28-2014, 06:18 PM   #445
Millions
IndyFan

All though this thread (which has been going for a while) , I've always thought Josh Holloway was the guy. Masculine, rugged, can do humour, arrogance, and takes a good beating in the Lost series.

I have to say though, the more recent suggestion of Carl Urban would be a good option too.

To reboot the series, while keeping Ford and Ford's fans happy, do this :-

Late 50s. Hidden Nazi Base in Antarctica, where some senior Nazis are rumoured to have fled after the war (check it on wikipedia) An alternative would be in Argentina - due to similar rumours.

Harrison Ford's Indy is tied to a chair. Getting the crap beaten out him. Interrogated about the location of an artefact he was involved in finding (and then hiding so its power couldn't be exploited and abused) almost 2 decades ago. He starts recalling the adventure in question.

Fade to :-

Holloway's Indy on some exotic location running away from some baddies, etc.....

You can see how it would go from there.
Millions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:42 PM   #446
Henry W Jones
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millions
All though this thread (which has been going for a while) , I've always thought Josh Holloway was the guy. Masculine, rugged, can do humour, arrogance, and takes a good beating in the Lost series.

I have to say though, the more recent suggestion of Carl Urban would be a good option too.

To reboot the series, while keeping Ford and Ford's fans happy, do this :-

Late 50s. Hidden Nazi Base in Antarctica, where some senior Nazis are rumoured to have fled after the war (check it on wikipedia) An alternative would be in Argentina - due to similar rumours.

Harrison Ford's Indy is tied to a chair. Getting the crap beaten out him. Interrogated about the location of an artefact he was involved in finding (and then hiding so its power couldn't be exploited and abused) almost 2 decades ago. He starts recalling the adventure in question.

Fade to :-

Holloway's Indy on some exotic location running away from some baddies, etc.....

You can see how it would go from there.

I would prefer no Ford in any reboots. Either he plays him all out or they should retire the character. Lets see a new idea instead of trampling on an old one.
Henry W Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:13 PM   #447
Toht's Arm
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry W Jones
I would prefer no Ford in any reboots. Either he plays him all out or they should retire the character. Lets see a new idea instead of trampling on an old one.

I don't mind the idea of Indy V featuring an old/young Indy, to get us used to whichever actor steps into Ford's shoes. I think it would enable them to come up with a story a little different from the other films too. (Like the intro to LC, but for the whole film.)

Last edited by Toht's Arm : 03-28-2014 at 09:42 PM.
Toht's Arm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:43 PM   #448
Joe Brody
IndyFan

Garrett Hedlund.

Pretty Boy, yes. But he did the job in On the Road and he's already in house.
Joe Brody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 05:10 AM   #449
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Brody
Pretty Boy, yes. But he did the job in On the Road and he's already in house.

If that's your criteria then Jon Hamm is also in house.

Oh the things you will unexpectedly learn by typing in his name.

George Clooney for Marcus Brody!

Old 03-29-2014, 06:38 PM   #450
ricromo
IndyFan

Harrison Ford is Indiana Jones. Although, he's too old for the role unfortunately.

Since they won't let the franchise alone, I think that nowadays Bradley Cooper is the only actor that can replace Ford indeed.
ricromo is offline   Reply With Quote