Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Russian Translation Thread

nitzsche

Agent Z said:
hum.gif

Heh. I mean that at times, Spalko was speaking English, but her accent was so heavy that I misunderstood and thought she was speaking Russian. Other times she was indeed speaking Russian, but it sounded like it was English with a heavy Russian accent.

There are a couple of examples of this, especially where the score was amplified or there were other voices or gunfire, where Spalko sounds like she's saying something in English, but it is Russian and vice versa.

The Golden Idol

Chapter 8: "Old Friends & Enemies"

RT029.jpg

Dovchenko: "Previdite professora!" = "Bring the professor!"

RT030.jpg

Indy: "Nyet" = "No"

RT031.jpg

Irina: "Prividite zhenshenu!" = "Bring the woman!"

kongisking

nitzsche said:
Heh. I mean that at times, Spalko was speaking English, but her accent was so heavy that I misunderstood and thought she was speaking Russian. Other times she was indeed speaking Russian, but it sounded like it was English with a heavy Russian accent.

There are a couple of examples of this, especially where the score was amplified or there were other voices or gunfire, where Spalko sounds like she's saying something in English, but it is Russian and vice versa.

I know. When I first saw the teaser trailer, in the famous shot of Spalko pointing rapidly just before Indy swings off the crates, I thought she said "Don't let him go!" (y) But I had no problem with the accent. I could understand her English. Excellent job, Cate!!! :hat:

BTW, I am now going to imagine the two "bricks" screaming "Mommy Dearest!!!" every time that Brody-statue-crash comes up in viewings. Man, that is heeeeeeee-larious!!! I love it! More corny fun!

Agent Z

kongisking said:
I know. When I first saw the teaser trailer, in the famous shot of Spalko pointing rapidly just before Indy swings off the crates, I thought she said "Don't let him go!" (y)

In the Valentine's Day teaser trailer, they dubbed in the English line "Go cut him off!"...so you heard correctly, sorta! :)

Chapter 9: "A Truth Revealed"

RT032.jpg

Irina:

RT033.jpg

Irina:

RT034.jpg

Soldier:

RT035.jpg

Soldiers: (Not sure if any of that dialogue in the distance can be made out, but including it just in case)

The Golden Idol

Chapter 9: "A Truth Revealed"

RT032.jpg

Irina: "Bumagu, karandash!" = "Paper, pencil!"

RT033.jpg

Irina: "Kartu!" = "A map!"

RT034.jpg

Soldier: "Pashli, bistrey, bistrey!" = "Let's go, quick, quick!"

RT035.jpg

Dovchenko: "Idite tuda! Schivilite kapitami, skoreye, skoreye!" = "Go there! Move your hooves, faster, faster!"

Agent Z

"Move your hooves"?! Eh? :p

Golden Idol is up to the task and I need to get my proverbial hooves faster to the turf it seems! :hat:

The remaining chapters coming later today! :)

Agent Z

Chapter 10: "Family Squabble"

RT036.jpg

Dovchenko: (Tough to catch, it seems....)

RT037.jpg

Soldiers: (more "Mommy Dearest!" action?! :p )

RT038.jpg

Irina:

RT039.jpg

Irina:

RT040.jpg

Irina:

RT041.jpg

Dovchenko; (I had to sorta cheat on this screencap, cause if I paused it when Dovchenko actually spoke, the forum would be filled with catcalls and whistles...)

RT042.jpg

Irina:

Agent Z

Chapter 11: "Big Damn Ants"

RT043.jpg

Irina:

RT044.jpg

Irina:

RT045.jpg

Irina:

RT046.jpg

Irina:

RT047.jpg

Dovchenko: (He's there, underneath the ant carpet :dead: )

RT048.jpg

Soldier:

RT049.jpg

Soldier:

RT050.jpg

Soldiers:

Irina:

The Golden Idol

Chapter 10: "Family Squabble"

RT036.jpg

Dovchenko: "Tak, tak" = "There, now"

BTW, it's not the soothing kind of "There, now", just so you know.

RT037.jpg

Soldiers: I honestly couldn't catch this one. My apologies. But it is basically more "Mommy Dearest!" action. ;)

RT038.jpg

Irina: "Von otsuda!" = "[Let's] get outta here!"

RT039.jpg

Irina: "Vasmite cherip!" = "Take the skull!"

RT040.jpg

Irina: "On yedit!" = "He's driving!"

RT041.jpg

Dovchenko: "Kuda? Ti! Stayat!" = "Where [are you going]? You! Stand still!"

As Irina Spalko is shooting at our heroes, a Russian soldier says "Von oni, sleva!" = "There they are, on the left!"

RT042.jpg

Irina: "Chort!" = "Damn!"

Chort literally means "demon", but it's used as an expression, similar to the English "damn!"

The Golden Idol

Chapter 11: "Big Damn Ants"

RT043.jpg

Irina: "Schivelitis!" = "Move!"

RT044.jpg

Irina: "Do svidanya, Doctor Jones" = "Goodbye, Doctor Jones"

Literally, do svedanya means "Until we meet again", but it's basically "goodbye."

RT045.jpg

Irina: "Dagnat!" = "Catch up [to them]!"

RT046.jpg

Irina: "Dagnat!" = "Catch up [to them]!"

RT047.jpg

Dovchenko: "Pomogite! Pomogite!" = "Help me! Help me!"

I actually feel sorry for the big brute here. :(

RT048.jpg

Soldier: "Tavarish doktor, suda!" = "Comrade doctor, over here!"

RT049.jpg

Soldier: "Skorei, davai, skorei, skorei, skorei!" = "Quicker, come on, quicker, quicker, quicker!"

RT050.jpg

Soldiers: "Davai, davai, davai, dvigai, davai, privazivai! Stoy! Davai, smeleye!" = "Come on, come on, come on, move it, come on, tie it! Wait! Come on, go ahead!"

Irina: "Davai!" = "Come on!"

Last edited:

Agent Z

The Golden Idol said:
RT044.jpg

Irina: "Do svidanya, Doctor Jones" = "Goodbye, Doctor Jones"

Literally, do svedanya means "Until we meet again", but it's basically "goodbye."

Hmmm, I like the literal translation better, you know. It's like Irina acknowledges, to some extent, that Indy is too good an adversary for this to simply just end at this point. :)

The Golden Idol said:
RT047.jpg

Dovchenko: "Pomogite! Pomogite!" = "Help me! Help me!"

I actually feel sorry for the big brute here. :(

I do as well. :(

Like Irina, it could be argued that the villains in Kingdom are too likeable and engaging...almost as much as the heroes....to the point where it feels more depressing to see them meet their respective ends.

The Golden Idol said:
Fun fact: The word BOДA means "water" in Russian.

Ahhh, cool! I love that you catch all these details! How many times I have seen this film and never caught that! I was distracted, so caught up with the GIANT SPINNING BLADE OF MOMMY DEAREST DEATH!!! :dead:

:p

The Golden Idol said:
Agent Z, where art thou? :p

The Golden Idol said:
Agent Z, you still interested? :sleep:

Sorry, sorry! My schedule as of late has been hectic and I haven't been able to check in as often as I would have liked.

I do have some more input, possibly, for later...but, in terms of going by chapters, sadly enough, everything has been covered. :(

I have been mistaken before, but Irina and the soldiers preparing to descend down the side of the cliff is the last spoken Russian in the film.

The Golden Idol

Agent Z said:
Like Irina, it could be argued that the villains in Kingdom are too likeable and engaging...almost as much as the heroes....to the point where it feels more depressing to see them meet their respective ends.

I think that's one of the weaknesses of the film. I never hate Irina or the Russians the way I hated Toht, Dietrich, Mola Ram and Vogel in the other movies.

Agent Z said:
I do have some more input, possibly, for later...but, in terms of going by chapters, sadly enough, everything has been covered. :(

I have been mistaken before, but Irina and the soldiers preparing to descend down the side of the cliff is the last spoken Russian in the film.

Bummer. Well, it's been cool working with you, Z. :cool:

Maybe you'll need some other "fun facts" from the movie, such as any Russian writing, like BOДA? If you need me, just post. :)

Agent Z

The Golden Idol said:
Bummer. Well, it's been cool working with you, Z. :cool:

I know, I am already missing this thread and working with you kind Sir. :(

I'm sure other little nuggets will pop up along the way though.

I mean, we haven't even discussed the wavering legitimacy of "Spalko" even being an actual Russian surname... :p

The Golden Idol said:
Maybe you'll need some other "fun facts" from the movie, such as any Russian writing, like BOДA? If you need me, just post. :)

You are too kind! Really! :hat:

I think, what I need help with most right now is my tin ear, as I still hear:

RT002.jpg

"Sandwich, sandwich, sandwich!" :(

The Golden Idol

Agent Z said:
I mean, we haven't even discussed the wavering legitimacy of "Spalko" even being an actual Russian surname... :p

It's Ukranian. :)

Agent Z said:
You are too kind! Really! :hat:

I think, what I need help with most right now is my tin ear, as I still hear:

RT002.jpg

"Sandwich, sandwich, sandwich!" :(

LOL! Well, "Sandwich, sandwich, sandwich!" is close enough. ;)

Agent Z

The Golden Idol said:
It's Ukranian. :)

Ahhh, thanks! :)

And, ironically enough, we have this...

The Golden Idol said:
LOL! Well, "Sandwich, sandwich, sandwich!" is close enough. ;)

*LOL* Seriously, I can't get anything other than that "s" sound when I hear it, heh. :p

On a sidenote, and this probably deserves its own thread, but Harrison's "my-thical" in the diner reading.

No, really.....that was a "Cut! Great! Thanks everyone!" from Steven after hearing that from Ford's mouth?! :confused: