Absence of "Toht" Action Figure

Uki

I know this is an old thread...

...and I wouldn't want to get crucified for dredging it up, but look at tnswman's last post. Remember all that optimism? Let's try to bring a bit of that back. Yeah, the pegs are filled in many stores, ad new product has been maddeningly difficult to locate for some of us, but there's hope! We know Hasbro is developing Toht, now, for one thing! Once this "Phantom Menace Syndrome" runs its course, we should be on course for what could be a nice, steady, albeit a bit conservative in size (but not scope!) collection. I'm even thinking (hoping/PRAYING) that Hasbro's dismally sad response regarding Marcus is a clever ruse (ala the BMF) and that he's already being planned as an exclusive/mail-away/deluxe/whathaveyou...

Let's try to keep the optimism! Um...go team!

GOT MARCUS?

WillKill4Food

Uki, aren't you a bit obsessed with the Marcus figure?
I, personally, doubt that they'll make one of him. Of course, I want one, and everyone on this board who collects figures wants one, but we are the exception (as a child, I always hoped for an Alfred the butler figure from Batman ;) ).
But, in the world of business, I'd say it's unlikely that kids are going to be running for Marcus action figures. It would probably only sell to collectors and emos that want to use it to make voodoo dolls of their teachers.

Uki

Well, um...so what? If no one makes noise, nothing happens. And, I might add, there have now been several figures made of Alfred Pennyworth, so what does that tell you? Shoot, they can pack Marcus in a Battle Pack, or situate him falling off his horse in a deluxe format for all I care.
I know you probably don't mean to come off as rude, and neither do I.:D I wouldn't say I'm obsessed. I'm simply...dedicated.

(Of course, if you did mean to be rude, well, you can go sit on a tack and die.:mad: )

The point was to promote optimism anyhow. Sue me if I throw another log on the GOT MARCUS? fire. :gun:

WillKill4Food

Uki said:
And, I might add, there have now been several figures made of Alfred Pennyworth, so what does that tell you?
Sure there have, but I didn't frequent comic book stores or eBay when I was six. :rolleyes: The only way I would have found an Alfred is at Walmart, where there has never been an Alfred figure to my knowledge, because most obscure character figures do not show up at supermarkets.

Uki said:
I know you probably don't mean to come off as rude, and neither do I.:D I wouldn't say I'm obsessed. I'm simply...dedicated.
"This is an obsession, Dad. I've never understood it. Never. Neither did Mom."
Yeah, I would say you are obsessed. There's nothing wrong with that, but I am afraid that this line isn't going to last past Wave 4, so I doubt we'll see Marcus. I want them to make it, but I doubt they will.

Uki said:
(Of course, if you did mean to be rude, well, you can go sit on a tack and die. )
That'd have to be one big tack. :eek:
But no, I wasn't trying to be rude, just practical.

Uki

Friend, I found two of my Alfred figures at Toys R Us. Granted, it's not a supermarket, but it's not a comic shop either. And, I didn't ask what your feelings are regarding Marcus' figure. If I want to bang that drum, I'm going to bang that drum as loudly and as often as I want. I am terribly sorry if that bothered you in any way, or intruded on your "practical" line of thinking. So...nyah!:p

But have a nice day and it's been a pleasure chatting with you.

JTKenobi

col.dietrich said:
well, now hasbro has stopped doing indy and we will never get toht :( :mad: (n) :eek:

Never say never. I think we'll see him someday. Certainly the best chance is when Indy 5 comes around (fingers crossed). That is one niiice fig!

I am tempted to post a picture for everyone's enjoyment but when I did that on another site I was told I was being 'mean' so I think I'll hold off. :p

JTKenobi

wave 5

The Golden Idol said:
Care to explain? :confused:

Don't say I didn't warn you.....

Slide68.jpg

Let me know if this is too bad of a tease and I can take it down. Ahhhhh...what could have been.

The Golden Idol

JTKenobi said:
Don't say I didn't warn you.....

Slide68.jpg

Let me know if this is too bad of a tease and I can take it down. Ahhhhh...what could have been.

Oh, I already knew of that pic. I thought you had a different, close-up pic of the Toht prototype or something. Nevermind... :)

JTKenobi

The Golden Idol said:
Oh, I already knew of that pic. I thought you had a different, close-up pic of the Toht prototype or something. Nevermind... :)

No, sorry. Seriously, should I take it down? I must be weird. I actually enjoy looking at the photos of those figures. Sure, I can't own them, but they are cool to look at for me. Kinda weird, huh? Now the TOD figs are a different story. Those were actually made and I can't find those! That's what hurts me. Haha.

Morning Bell

Those figures would have been amazing. Granted, I'm thrilled that we got as much as we did but it would have been neat to see the line go even further.

NickTurner

JTKenobi said:
No, sorry. Seriously, should I take it down?

I say leave it as inspiration for customizing. Indy should be straightforward enough for everyone. Marion head with a Leia body might work. I've seen custom Satipo, mechanic and Todt so we know they are doable. If a picture were torture we'd all be in REAL trouble!:D