Mutts jacket

fixer79

In fact, I have a jacket just like that. It's a pretty common model, isn't it?
At least out here it is... ;)

Nurhachi1991

It says Mutt wore a similar jacket so its not 100 percent accurate

I ordered one anyway! The jacket looks great

any idea where to get the pins?

fixer79

Nurhachi1991 said:
Really? can you post a pic of it?

Haha, you sound like you don't believe me.
You think I would make up something like that? ;)

Here it is:

2008_013043-1.jpg

Mind you, I had to go dig it up in our deep chest of winterclothes. That's why it's a tad bit wrinkled... I haven't worn it for a few years now...

In fact, I didn't even buy it. It sort of fell into my hands...

One day at work, I stepped out of the programmers' room and noticed that there was a black leather jacket behind the door. I was kind of puzzled because I'd worked at the company for quite some time and I'd never noticed the jacket there.
Apparently, our secretary told me that it'd been hanging there for ages. Someone who came to apply for a job or some intern had once forgotten it there and never came back for it...
Which was more, she said that if I wanted it, I could have it!
True story! That's how I got the jacket...

But like I said, it's a very common jacket. Believe it or not, but even my producer has one! He even has the name of his Heavy Metal band airbrushed on the back :)

Last edited:

Nurhachi1991

Wow that looks great I cant wait till mine comes!

Anyone knows how long Wested takes to ship? Its not a custom jacket its off the rack and I ordered last night

Indy fan 235

Nurhachi1991 said:
It says Mutt wore a similar jacket so its not 100 percent accurate

I ordered one anyway! The jacket looks great

any idea where to get the pins?

Pins might be hard. Aren't some of the AMA pins that they don't make anymore? I'd imagine ebay is as good as any place to start.

Nurhachi1991

Ok i will look there

But seriously does anyone know how long Wested takes to ship an off the rack jacket? Im moving in the middle of June and hoping the jacket comes before that

JayDee

I ordered an Indy shirt from Wested. After a week, it has arrived at my home (germany). So I would say, they ship very fast oversea.

StoneTriple

That style of motorcycle jacket has been around for a very long time. It was introduced by Schott in 1928, and called the Perfecto. These days it's commonly referred to as a police-style jacket. Fixer is right, they are super common. I have one myself. I've been a daily rider for about 30 years.