Custom vintage-style cardbacks

Kevin

I have seen several examples on this forum, Cool Toy Review, and eBay of people making custom vintage-style cardbacks, based on the old Kenner line. How do people make these? Is there some program or resource that has a template? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

The Golden Idol

I'd very much like to know as well. My guess is that people who own the original Kenner cardbacks scanned them, and replaced the photos of the characters in Photoshop.

If someone has a good quality scan of the Indy cardbacks, please post them here.

Also, what thread is that pic from, Kevin?

Kevin

tnswman said:
I did a set just like these using a template that I had on a CD of sw cardbacks

You can see all of mine in the New Aquisitions thread

I have seen them, they look awesome! Any chance you could share the template with us?

The Golden Idol said:
Also, what thread is that pic from, Kevin?

It's from the "Spalko Sexiness" thread :rolleyes:

Garfoot

I agree that they may have sold a few more if maybe they gave the original trilogy vintage style and KOTCS there own version. I don't really like the generic card style. I know it's cost effective, but mix it up a bit now and then. (y)

tnswman

I dunno, I might...I just finished a set of Last Crusade figures on the Vintage cards..I will post those pics soon.

tnswman

Here is my KOTCS set

indy001-19.jpg

indy002-18.jpg

indy003-18.jpg

Goonie

The cards can't be too hard to make with Photoshop.

tnswman, where did you get the clear plastic bubble cover for the figures?

Stoo

These would be a cinch to make. The only problem is the fine print under the Kenner logo. What does it say exactly?

monkey man

There's an issue of Lee's Toy Review with an exact size/copy of Cerremonial Belloq's card. You can scan that and make cardbacks. It's a clean copy. The back is easier if you have a carded Kenner figure.
I think that is the way they are making the "custom" card for the Belloq Kenner mail in figure. I'm not sure where to get the bubbles.

The Golden Idol

tnswman said:
I dunno, let me think about it..I have seen people steal them and sell them for $50+ on ebay

Can you just PM the templates to Kevin and me? I won't steal them, I'd just like to use them for my own collection, and I'm sure that's all Kevin wants to do as well. :D

Please, tnswman?

The Golden Idol

monkey man said:
There's an issue of Lee's Toy Review with an exact size/copy of Cerremonial Belloq's card. You can scan that and make cardbacks. It's a clean copy. The back is easier if you have a carded Kenner figure.
I think that is the way they are making the "custom" card for the Belloq Kenner mail in figure. I'm not sure where to get the bubbles.

Unfortunately, I don't own that. :(

monkey man

"Golden Idol"

It's issue #73. I have it. I'd post it but I never did figure out how to post pictures. I'd want a first generation scan if I were you anyway. It's perfect. I'll get around to making some for my figures sooner or later. I haven't found the right bubbles. G.I. Joes are close to the Kenner bubbles.
I wouldn't post it here anyway if I thought someone was going to use it to rip people off on Ebay. For me, this site is about Indy freaks like me. I'd do favors but only for real Indy fans and not for $$$. I don't want to help someone looking to make a buck on Ebay.
Don't mean to come off as snotty. All do respect.