I don't even know what to say

Nurhachi1991

I don't even know where to start so I guess I will start at the beginning. I have had a big crush on a girl in my school for over a month. I finally worked up the courage to talk to her and shortly after we became friends. We went to a movie together I paid for everything and she let me so I figured she liked me. We got along great had so many things in common and a few weeks ago I asked her to prom she agreed to go with me and I felt great I honestly felt fantastic like nothing could touch me. I was wrong.......... There was another guy who liked her to he did not know her nearly as long as I did and they started talking and began going out. Only thing is I did not know this. I soon asked her out and she told me that I was a really good friend and still wanted to go to prom but she said she had past relationships where the guy ends up being a jerk. I was sad but I figured I'm still going to prom and who knows maybe she end up liking me. Well today I found out that she was going out with the other guy he straight up told me they were going out. I felt horrible I wasn't even mad they were going out I was just shocked and very very hurt. I told her today that I don't think we should go to prom together and that killed me inside. I was really looking forward to my Senior Prom........ Getting all dressed up driving her there and sharing a very important event with someone I really did care about and just liked being with but I can forget it. It was very embarassing to tell my Father I wasn't going to prom and to have tears in my eyes well I did it.

I just wanted to share this with everyone because I consider you guys my friends and I know I have been annoying in the past so if you want to make fun of me go for it.

):

Kevin

Nurhachi1991 said:
Well today I found out that she was going out with the other guy he straight up told me they were going out.

Did SHE ever tell you that she and this other guy were dating? Maybe he was just messing with you to get you out of the way. Did you tell her why you didn't want to go with her?

The Drifter

Kevin said:
Did SHE ever tell you that she and this other guy were dating? Maybe he was just messing with you to get you out of the way. Did you tell her why you didn't want to go with her?

Yeah, I would just come out and ask the girl in a nice way. Maybe even tell her how you feel about the whole situation? If she is seeing the other guy, tell her how you feel.

Nurhachi1991

Yes I did discuss it with her today and she told me she is seeing the other guy and I told her how I felt (again) not that it did any good.

The Drifter

Did she seem concerned over your feelings? If she acted like she did not overly care about how you felt, maybe it was best to be just friends.
I know that that is the LAST thing that you wanna hear. Now, if you really care for her, give her your blessing in her relationship. She will see what a caring and swell guy you are, and that itself may lead to something.

Nurhachi1991

She did care and she sinceraly feels bad for how it turned out and that is making me feel worse because I don't want her to be sad :(

The Drifter

Nurhachi1991 said:
She did care and she sinceraly feels bad for how it turned out and that is making me feel worse because I don't want her to be sad :(

I may be wrong (I'm no Dear Abby), but I would try to act strong for her. Let her know your feelings for her, but say you understand, and that you support her 100%. I believe it is a man's duty to be the woman's rock to lean against. Hard as it is, just try to set your feelings aside around her.
Like I said, I may be wrong. But, that is my two cents.

indy34

Sounds to me she's not worth the trouble best you just stay friends:hat: I'm sure there are plenty of girls out there who would go out with you(y)

Finn

Staff member
Great, another one of these...

Nurhachi1991 said:
I just wanted to share this with everyone because I consider you guys my friends and I know I have been annoying in the past so if you want to make fun of me go for it.
Past?

Nurhachi1991

She does know how I feel about her and I talked to her a few minates ago and she sounded very upset and had to leave and said she would talk to me later and that really is making me feel horrible because I could give two ***** about my own feelings because I'm used to disapointments and I always get over them eventually. But I'm genuinely concerned for her because I still care about her and just want her to be happy

I even told her that as long as the guy was nice to her and treated her right I was ok but it did not seem to make a difference

Forget about her, in my experience 'just wanting her to be happy' while she goes off with some other guy means you're the one whos unhappy, not her. Shes fine, she made her decision, she fell for this guy, whatever, probably didn't think about you while she was doing it. Then realised she hurt someone, and felt bad about it. It sucks, but those are those are the breaks. She'll be fine. Shes got a boyfriend to worry about her. Now that you've told her how you feel, try your hardest to forget about her. Find someone new.

Can't believe I'm getting involved in these discussions

Hawkeye

Nurhachi1991 said:
Yes Finn I understand I'm a god damn annoying loser I get it.

Just about everyone is annoying to somebody. And I've yet to see proof that you're a loser. Don't be so hard on yourself. It'll all turn out in the end.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
All I have to say is: the girl ain't worth the trouble! If she couldn't be honest with you when you told her the first time you liked her, then she isn't trustworthy. You paid for everything at the dates? Damn, then what's the problem with guys down here?!!!

But I told you before Nurhachi, you could still enjoy the prom and just go for a bit for the sake of going. Why can't you go with a group of friends instead? Don't they do that over in the States, coz we do that over here all the time? Then again, how soon is it? I can understand if it's a couple of weeks away and not wanting to go but if it's a bit longer than that, you might be able to get over it in time.

If I were you, I would do my best to not be around her for a little while, just to give yourself time to heal. If you keep talking to her upset and distressed, it will continue to make you feel hurt and will continue in a downward spiral.

Remember like the other guys have said, there are plenty of girls out there.

Hawkeye

Violet Indy said:
Why can't you go with a group of friends instead? Don't they do that over in the States, coz we do that over here all the time? Then again, how soon is it? I can understand if it's a couple of weeks away and not wanting to go but if it's a bit longer than that, you might be able to get over it in time.
Gotta agree with Violet. You could probably find a group of friends to go with. That's what I did for my Senior Prom. Probably had a much better time than I would have had with the girl who turned me down.

The Magic Rat

I'll tell you this much. Violet is right, she's not worth the trouble. It's never what you want to hear but yeah, it really probably is turning out alright.

If you have even a group of casual friends that you know you could check in with and such, you could go stag. It's a ballsy move and would probably make you look gutsy. Then again, it can backfire, so you'd have to know how they look at you.

If you could talk a friend into going with you, everything would work out and you might have fun, so don't rule that out yet.

I'll tell you this much, though. It may look like everything sucks right now, but you may be surprised that it works out for the better. I recall my prom. I went, ate the nice meal, was there for about another hour, and left. Unless you're the dancing type, you'd probably end up leaving with your group of friends and go do something else anyway. We did the two times I went.

Maybe you and your friends should just have a guys night and blow some cash on a fun activity of another sort?

Either way, sorry that didn't work out for you.

Nurhachi1991

Thanks everyone you guys are right it's not worth it I'm just hurt though that she lied to me thats just not right.

Oh well at least I can buy the Gentle Giant Holy Grail now :(